Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he guilty?
No 47 48.45%
Yes 50 51.55%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 12:13 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,025,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Cannot believe some of these comments; what is wrong with people?

A young woman is brutally raped and murdered; a suspect is finally and against all odds caught, and there is overwhelming evidence against him along with a confession/implicating statements. Yet some of you are grasping at straws and seem to would have him set free.

Go over to Murderpedia.com and look at a long and exhaustive list of serial killers, murders, and rapists. A majority looked as if butter wouldn't melt in their mouths. Many committed some disgusting and brutal crimes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Fish

Albert Fish | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

Anyone who jumps a female, rapes, savagely beats, then kills her is off the bat "off". Normal guys who cannot get a woman otherwise simply pay or go to "other" means (computer or Pay Per View, jar of lubricant, etc....). If this was your daughter, sister, mother, wife, GF or other close female one wonders if all this pity and doubt would still flow.

Agree, the guy might be innocent (until proven guilty), but the argument in favor of him not being culpable because he's 'baby faced' is preposterous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 12:41 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,090,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Agree, the guy might be innocent (until proven guilty), but the argument in favor of him not being culpable because he's 'baby faced' is preposterous.
The guy's father says he's innocent but that means nothing. This story says a lieutenant who lives in the neighborhood essentially broke the case. I wonder if this is the police official that Phil Vetrano contacted when his daughter was an hour late coming home and who got the search started immediately. That would be a movie kind of twist to an already extremely bizarre case.

Quote:
Chanel Lewis wound up on cops’ radar after a lieutenant who lives in the neighborhood recalled a man acting suspiciously near the scene the previous spring.
Man not convinced his son killed jogger Karina Vetrano - NY Daily News

Old 02-06-2017, 05:52 AM

31,927 posts, read 27,017,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
The guy's father says he's innocent but that means nothing. This story says a lieutenant who lives in the neighborhood essentially broke the case. I wonder if this is the police official that Phil Vetrano contacted when his daughter was an hour late coming home and who got the search started immediately. That would be a movie kind of twist to an already extremely bizarre case.

Man not convinced his son killed jogger Karina Vetrano - NY Daily News

Certain demographics of the Afro-American or Afro-Caribbean community have this thing that one of their own "cannot be involved" in this or that crime because they are so upright and whatever.

When that former beauty queen, NYU track star and Jet Blue airline hostess was caught trying to smuggle all that cocaine (or was it heroin?) into the USA her parents, community, family and family pastor busted out with the same story; then the chick confessed to pretty much the entire case against her and more. Haven't heard a peep out of them since.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:54 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,090,818 times
Can this really be true? The off duty lieutenant had called police twice about the guy but it took him months of working on the case to remember the guy? So one day after months of checking out possible suspects a lightbulb goes off in his head and he finally remembers a guy in the area he called 911 on twice. That can't be true unless he's Inspector Clouseau.

Quote:
Then Lt. John Russo, who works in the Chief of Detectives office and also lives in Howard Beach, remembered something. Russo had seen Lewis lurking around parked cars in Howard Beach in late May. Russo called 911, as did another resident who saw Lewis holding a crowbar and skulking around someone’s backyard. When patrol officers arrived, Lewis was gone. The following day, Russo spotted Lewis again, and cops arrived to question him.

Months later, Russo was immersed in the Vetrano murder case, poring over leads, tips, and investigative files.

“He was spending a lot of time every single day trying to figure out what was missing,” said the person familiar with the matter. Then he remembered the guy creeping around the neighborhood three months before Vetrano was killed.

“It occurred to him that (Lewis) was someone they should look at,” the law enforcement source said. The call about a “suspicious person” hanging around the area ultimately led to the break police needed.
Chanel Lewis admits to killing Queens jogger Karina Vetrano - NY Daily News

Old 02-06-2017, 05:56 AM

5,831 posts, read 2,953,110 times
Quote:
Certain demographics of the Afro-American or Afro-Caribbean community have this thing that one of their own "cannot be involved" in this or that crime because they are so upright and whatever.

When that former beauty queen, NYU track star and Jet Blue airline hostess was caught trying to smuggle all that cocaine (or was it heroin?) into the USA her parents, community, family and family pastor busted out with the same story; then the chick confessed to pretty much the entire case against her and more. Haven't heard a peep out of them since.
I think any parent would be in shock if their kid was charged with such a horrible crime. No one wants to accept that their children, and essentially them have failed in life.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:58 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,368,619 times
so what happens to the 260k they raised on go fund me?

Old 02-06-2017, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Can this really be true? The off duty lieutenant had called police twice about the guy but it took him months of working on the case to remember the guy? So one day after months of checking out possible suspects a lightbulb goes off in his head and he finally remembers a guy in the area he called 911 on twice. That can't be true unless he's Inspector Clouseau.

Chanel Lewis admits to killing Queens jogger Karina Vetrano - NY Daily News

Why not? So much stuff goes on in our personal and or professional lives that we often fail to connect the dots as it were.

Can you recall every single event that happened seven or six months ago including faces seen? Especially if not concentrating on the subject or whatever?

I'm thinking off the bat many local to the area didn't at once want to start pointing the finger at blacks because of the HB history and probably some push back. If they did have such ideas or whatever they kept it to themselves and or so did the NYPD. This especially after that whole father daughter rape thing that wasn't several months prior were several black kids were rounded up in what turned out to be false information.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:47 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,738,278 times
Quote:
Why not? So much stuff goes on in our personal and or professional lives that we often fail to connect the dots as it were.

Can you recall every single event that happened seven or six months ago including faces seen? Especially if not concentrating on the subject or whatever?

I'm thinking off the bat many local to the area didn't at once want to start pointing the finger at blacks because of the HB history and probably some push back. If they did have such ideas or whatever they kept it to themselves and or so did the NYPD. This especially after that whole father daughter rape thing that wasn't several months prior were several black kids were rounded up in what turned out to be false information.
My own experience. Where I used to live had a very dark parking lot. We were off the street with a nice greenier between the sidewalk and the street. Each house had two parking lots in front of their houses and in between the corner houses were 4 guest spots.

We would have an issue with people coming into the lot at night to buy and sell drugs, or use drugs. I chased a car full of twenty somethings out of there one night when I caught them shooting up. Three months later someone was arrested for car hopping in the development. The cops showed me the perps picture and I recognized the guy. I couldn't remember from where but, I knew him. It took me a few hours but I realized it was the guy driving the car from the night I caught them shooting up. I am no seasoned cop but I remembered the guy because seeing people shoot up isn't common for me.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
My own experience. Where I used to live had a very dark parking lot. We were off the street with a nice greenier between the sidewalk and the street. Each house had two parking lots in front of their houses and in between the corner houses were 4 guest spots.

We would have an issue with people coming into the lot at night to buy and sell drugs, or use drugs. I chased a car full of twenty somethings out of there one night when I caught them shooting up. Three months later someone was arrested for car hopping in the development. The cops showed me the perps picture and I recognized the guy. I couldn't remember from where but, I knew him. It took me a few hours but I realized it was the guy driving the car from the night I caught them shooting up. I am no seasoned cop but I remembered the guy because seeing people shoot up isn't common for me.

Exactly! Things came to you fully not at once but in enough due time. You knew the face which is important but the rest came later.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:26 AM

Now we're getting somewhere!

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2964701

Apparently this "humble" and "quiet" suspect was a ticking time bomb filled with rage against females.

He also went to Downstate ER the day after attack with head wounds saying he was "attacked by muggers". What a pity no one in the ER staff got a whiff and called in NYPD. There would have been DNA from the discarded bandages and whatever else to treat the wound.....

Mr. Lewis also vanished for about six months after the attack......

Oh and for those complaining about the victim's parents having 24/7 NYPD protection, now the suspect's home in ENY has the same as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City