Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2018, 09:23 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
I've been saying, I don't think the kid was innocent. I remember first reading about the stabbing, his sister at the time said something similar to "he had started hanging out with older guys", this before the footage of the killing was released. All of a sudden, there's no mention of this anywhere.

You do not get killed like that unless the gang is 100% sure you are the victim. This hit was planned out. They knew who they were targeting. You think a gang is going to risk life in jail because the victim kind of looks like who they are looking for? Junior also ran inside the bodega like if he knew who the guys were.

I don't believe the story of the girl. That is completely unrelated and someone linked the 2 incidents and it became the juicy story to latch on to. Wouldn't the niece have told her uncle exactly who the guy was and where he lived? Why would they need to "guess".

The stabbing on the Bronx river I believe is related to junior. I think the 14 year old on the Bronx river and Junior were part of the same crew who did something to a trinitario member.

Now my question is..if it comes out that Junior was also a gang member or was affiliated in some way, is the NYPD going to make this public? After all the celebrity support, GoFundMe, wanting to make junior a honorary PO, wanting naming a street after him etc, can you imagine the outrage and shock of the community? It would be crazy.
I mean nobody knows the real deal

You're simply guessing

Meanwhile I'm just like Michael Jackson eating popcorn until all the facts come out.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 09:55 AM

1,019 posts, read 1,642,159 times
Quote:
I've been saying, I don't think the kid was innocent. I remember first reading about the stabbing, his sister at the time said something similar to "he had started hanging out with older guys", this before the footage of the killing was released. All of a sudden, there's no mention of this anywhere.

You do not get killed like that unless the gang is 100% sure you are the victim. This hit was planned out. They knew who they were targeting. You think a gang is going to risk life in jail because the victim kind of looks like who they are looking for? Junior also ran inside the bodega like if he knew who the guys were.

I don't believe the story of the girl. That is completely unrelated and someone linked the 2 incidents and it became the juicy story to latch on to. Wouldn't the niece have told her uncle exactly who the guy was and where he lived? Why would they need to "guess".

The stabbing on the Bronx river I believe is related to junior. I think the 14 year old on the Bronx river and Junior were part of the same crew who did something to a trinitario member.

Now my question is..if it comes out that Junior was also a gang member or was affiliated in some way, is the NYPD going to make this public? After all the celebrity support, GoFundMe, wanting to make junior a honorary PO, wanting naming a street after him etc, can you imagine the outrage and shock of the community? It would be crazy.
If he was the actual target then it’s because the stupid girl used him to blame. I’m guessing the guy in the video was a gang member and would have come after the girl or her family for accusing him. She was most concerned about not being exposed as a h0e. It’s just another unwise teenager move on her part . Junior was innocent. He was not about the street life. He attended a charter school and was close with his family.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:37 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,050,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Yep. These Dominican gangs are getting out of control. Sad that these teen kids are killing each other and ruining their lives over nothing.
Not worse than the crack cocaine dealing, 100+ homicides uptown late 80s-early 90s Dominican gangs.

Jherri curls, Wild Cowboys, Young Talented children, La compania gang were responsible for thousands of deaths.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:09 AM

3,559 posts, read 2,402,316 times
Quote:
Not worse than the crack cocaine dealing, 100+ homicides uptown late 80s-early 90s Dominican gangs.

Jherri curls, Wild Cowboys, Young Talented children, La compania gang were responsible for thousands of deaths.
Young talented children? Any links on this?

Old 06-27-2018, 11:14 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:

Netflix's Narcos should expand their series to included these gangs.

Old 06-27-2018, 12:34 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,050,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Young talented children? Any links on this?
https://www.nytimes.com/1994/06/23/n...west-side.html

Quote:
The successful crackdown against the Jheri Curls was part of a larger effort in New York City to arrest and prosecute violent Dominican gangs that would ultimately be extended to crews like the Wild Cowboys and the Young Talented Children.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jheri_Curls

Old 06-27-2018, 12:55 PM

179 posts, read 109,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMesa View Post
According to the New York Times article investigators believe that the stabbing of the fourteen year old and this murder are linked.

But even as police officials announced an eighth arrest in last week’s gruesome killing that was captured on
video, investigators were still working on Tuesday to piece together what prompted the attack on Lesandro. The Trinitarios, a vicious Dominican gang based in New York, are believed to be responsible for a wave of violence in that section of the Bronx, including a stabbing on Monday in Bronx River Park that left a 14-year-old boy in critical condition, the police said. Investigators said they believe the two incidents are linked.

How awful, I hope Deblasio and the nypd gets serious about taking down this Trinitarios gang.

Who was it who slept on the video of a 14 year being chased down and stabbed and beaten in broad daylight literally in the middle of a busy street.

Is this the way things are now where stuff like this doesn't make the news?

Am I alone in thinking that Lesandro might be alive today if the footage had aired on media?

Old 06-27-2018, 04:57 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,541,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
Apparently the 15 year was a member of the Dominican Trinitario gang.

Prime example as to why the Bronx needs Gentrification to change the culture and cleanse the borough from hood people such as these losers. It worked in other former hood areas in NYC that gentrified. Bronx should be no different.

Viewer discretion advised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pncLTfVQqXo

If they live in NYCHA they will remain. Its those who work at St Barnabas who will be forced out when 1BR apartments rent for $3k.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:26 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
And people think I’m nuts for carrying a gun 24/7. I have one life to live. I may not win, but you best believe I’m not going down like a defenseless stuck pig!
I wish I could have the legal right to have a gun on my person at all times (24/7) out in the world and inside my home. It could even out the odds of surviving the malevolent or disturbed elements or individuals we may encounter in life-at-large. These are one of the valuable perks / privileges (for you) to being a law enforcement officer.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:02 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,817,544 times
never even thought about dominican gangs until this incident and thread. are they really active in the bronx? i hardly see any in manhattan / harlem.

what is it about dominican culture that seems intertwined with black street culture ? fitted hats, gangs, flags, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City