Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 02:01 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,864,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
You can say that again.... And LMAO@Shameless... One of my favorite shows... *Music* Think of all the luck you got... Know that it's not for naught... You were beaming once before... But it's not like that anymore
Same but I haven't watched in awhile (time to schedule a binge watching weekend) not sure if I will continue after Emmy leaves though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2018, 02:02 PM

31,918 posts, read 26,999,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Neil Patrick Harris and his husband/family join a not small number of gays who have moved into that area of Central Harlem (they are on Fifth near 126th) and that is something else ticking some old school locals off.

So the old locals are homophobic too. Not surprising.
This is beginning to sound a bit like SHAMELESS.

Well this church is still up there, IIRC: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/03/n...y-vitriol.html

https://nypost.com/2018/02/23/why-th...ems-hate-sign/

And, while there were some "incidents" in past, don't think you have anything to worry about.

Know of and see LGT peoples in that part of Harlem (as well as rest of it east and west) all the time, and none seem bothered.

Again NPH and his husband/family put down some serious money to live at that address, and it's not like God and the world don't know who they are and where they live. No one's bothered them aside from maybe the paparazzi and a few busybodies.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:04 PM

12,791 posts, read 8,298,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Same but I haven't watched in awhile (time to schedule a binge watching weekend) not sure if I will continue after Emmy leaves though.
I keep falling asleep. Too much on my plate, but THIS weekend may be the weekend. *Fingers crossed*

Old 09-24-2018, 02:06 PM

34,094 posts, read 47,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
Oso on Amsterdam and 140th St is excellent. It's on my top 10 in nyc for overall value, food, casual ambiance.
The corn appetizer and churro dessert is the nuts.
Oh, I was referring to East 138th Street, South Bx

BuildingLover likes to go there for Mexican food and pretend he's Bourdain

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-24-2018, 02:07 PM

965 posts, read 1,114,630 times
Is there ever a general consensus?

25,368 posts, read 37,089,626 times
Churches have always been the bastions of homophobic teaching, while the pastors were sucking off the cute kids.

That's why I have always been fond of repurposing all the churches into housing and putting all preachers TO WORK for their upkeep.

497 posts, read 284,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Oh, I was referring to East 138th Street, South Bx

BuildingLover likes to go there for Mexican food and pretend he's Bourdain
I don't have to go there to be a pretend Bourdain, I can do that in my own neighborhood which is one of the most Mexican neighborhoods in the city

Old 09-24-2018, 02:08 PM

192 posts, read 187,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Many African-Americans are quite conservative (even if they vote Democratic), i.e., anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, etc.

I'm not surprised that some people in Harlem may not be so keen on gay people moving in.
If the GOP wasn't so racist, they would advocate for open borders and citizenships for everyone, Most immigrants from the developing world, share the same prejudice they do regarding other groups ( gays, women, religious principles in government etc) Same goes for the black community, typically religious and conservative. They'd be in power FOREVER, but thank God they don't see that!

Old 09-24-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedThatApt View Post
If the GOP wasn't so racist, they would advocate for open borders and citizenships for everyone, Most immigrants from the developing world, share the same prejudice they do regarding other groups ( gays, women, religious principles in government etc) Same goes for the black community, typically religious and conservative. They'd be in power FOREVER, but thank God they don't see that!
Oh please. Blacks, Latinos and other minorities helped Trump get into office. Believe me... Folks aren't pledging allegiance anymore to the Democrats. Those days are over!

Old 09-24-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventhfloor View Post
buildinglover likes to go there for mexican food and pretend he's bourdain
lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City