Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 09:19 PM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Wow that was quick
My girlfriends friends who do black lives matter are trying to get this woman's coop apartment to kick her out of her place. I'm not sure how that's going to work.

Incidents like this happen. Employers landlords college deans have to sever ties with someone who due to the court of public opinion which is now controlled by the intersectional left (women, black LGBT). Such people will have to cave into the demands of the court of public opinion or not they too support white supremacy racsim and sexism. The court of public opinion can be just as punishing as a real civil or state court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 09:19 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Wow that was quick
Yeah, honestly at first I only saw the part of the video where she was talking to the police. Based on that, I was shocked by the early termination. But then I saw the rest of the video, where she mentioned that she was "going to tell [the police] there's an African American man threatening my life." That was more than enough evidence to convince her company that she was acting in a racist manner and terminate her behind.

Last edited by prospectheightsresident; 05-26-2020 at 09:31 PM..

Old 05-26-2020, 09:22 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
My girlfriends friends who do black lives matter are trying to get this woman's coop apartment to kick her out of her place. I'm not sure how that's going to work.
That's silly in my opinion, but I don't doubt it. I'm curious how evictions of shareholders in coops work. I'd wager that its fairly easy to have nuisances evicted for conduct that takes place on coop grounds. But--and admittedly I don't know--I would be shocked if it would be very easy for such a move to happen for conduct that has nothing to do with interfering with the livelihood of people at the coop.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:24 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,123,133 times
Quote:

Incidents like this happen. Employers landlords college deans have to sever ties with someone who due to the court of public opinion which is now controlled by the intersectional left (women, black LGBT). Such people will have to cave into the demands of the court of public opinion or not they too support white supremacy racsim and sexism.
That’s over the top. Let her be prosecuted if necessary and have her day in court. But trying to kick her out of her home is unrelated to her commiting whatever crime she should be charged with.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:28 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,629 times
Oh well all these things are her problems now, and she deserves no sympathy from any of the fallout from this incident. She blew the incident way out of proportion, especially lying to the police and emphasizing African-American. She could have easily gotten this man killed for her foolish actions!!

Old 05-26-2020, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
That’s over the top. Let her be prosecuted if necessary and have her day in court. But trying to kick her out of her home is unrelated to her commiting whatever crime she should be charged with.
Agree. Such people become over zealots. My thing is that this incident is court of public opinion and she lost her job and her dog. Great. Best thing the black man can use do is to sue her.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
No fines for making a false report nor animal abuse for dragging that poor dog around by the neck. If I was seen on youtube dragging a dog around like that I might get protests outside of my house daily and my employer may fire me too.
Agreed. This has happen before during this cultural times we are in. Yes your employer can fire you for what you say or do off of the clock. It looks bad on Company image and can hamper reputation.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
So was her dog about to attack him? I am trying to understand why he was worried about her dog not having a leash?
In the Ramble. Dogs need to be leashed due to birds in the area. The Ramble has bird nests and bird preserve. It makes sense to have dogs on the leach. I have been to Central Park numerous times in which folks have dogs on the leach and some times off.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
I don't like her behavior but how do companies have the legal right to fire someone over things they do outside of work that happen to get caught on video? I'm naive to this, please educate me
This is why unions are so important these days. Like what the left says. It's a private company and they can do whatever they want.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:39 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
Quote:
In the Ramble. Dogs need to be leashed due to birds in the area. The Ramble has bird nests and bird preserve. It makes sense to have dogs on the leach. I have been to Central Park numerous times in which folks have dogs on the leach.
Oh ok. I was trying to understand the story because when I first heard about it I just thought he was being extra so thanks for clearing that up for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City