Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 07:50 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,219,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post

You first AOC, lets defund the Capitol Police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 08:06 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
I think our mayor has got to be the dumbest man alive.
The city is falling apart at the seams and this idiot is under funding the police.
This man is a complete *******.

By the time he is out of office he will have first handed ruined the city.

I would think that the mayor and the police would go hand in hand, not be on opposite sides of the room, shame on him.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:08 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Hahahaha! Eegits are going to get what's coming to them.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...vbar&nt=ticker

the city counts on people not moving thier cars for ASP, and for double parkin, etc.
It would be nice if everyone obeyed the parking rules and no one ever got tickets, i wonder how the city would make up for the lost revenue.

no matter what happens, we, the people, always pay for it.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:31 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
You first AOC, lets defund the Capitol Police.
Come on, dude. This lady leaves in a Luxury apt with 24/7 security guards. She is not about that life.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:51 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,197,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I think our mayor has got to be the dumbest man alive.
The city is falling apart at the seams and this idiot is under funding the police.
This man is a complete *******.

By the time he is out of office he will have first handed ruined the city.

I would think that the mayor and the police would go hand in hand, not be on opposite sides of the room, shame on him.
Amen! He is just nuts, i can't believe how he has destroyed NYC. He needs to be defunded now.

Old 07-01-2020, 01:05 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
What? A million dollars, okay I guess. ONE BILLION? That's A LOT of money.

The (formerly) fortunate few who can afford good Manhattan real estate are about to see their property values droppppp.

Old 07-01-2020, 01:35 PM

20,333 posts, read 19,925,039 times
I hear his wife is good with money.

She could probably do a lot of good with a billion to blow.

Old 07-01-2020, 01:42 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Come on, dude. This lady leaves in a Luxury apt with 24/7 security guards. She is not about that life.
AOC has got some mouth on her and a pair for a lady. Yet this loon was easily reelected in primary two weeks ago.... Her district deserves whatever they've got coming to them.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/01/aoc-de...es-just-wrong/

Old 07-01-2020, 02:53 PM

7,348 posts, read 4,134,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse789 View Post
Says no street cred AOC from lily white Yorktown heights ny lol
Hey, she's my hometown gal

Makes me wonder what she was taught in my school district

Old 07-01-2020, 03:37 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I get that counter-terrorism is important and that city agencies including NYPD were important first responders, but I also feel like NYPD didn’t prevent 9/11 from happening, the part of NYPD’s budget that can be cut isn’t really its counterterrorism bits, and there are other agencies especially on the federal and international level that have a lot more to do with countering terrorism than municipal police agencies.

The city is facing a deficit, and no thanks to Big Bird but also not entirely his doing, there are economic repercussions that would necessitate cuts for many departments including NYPD unless there is federal money coming in since it’d require a level of fiscal policy control beyond municipal or state levels to essentially “create” the order of magnitude funds to keep things as is.

Besides, about half the cuts for NYPD are essentially reshuffling some of the jobs and work scope to other departments.
Fighting terrorists in their own backyard has minimal effect. We need tougher borders and to know who we let into this country, and eyes and ears of NYPD on the ground. We need them assessing threats and developing information about who is here to commit terror.
I’ve lived through a terror attack myself and don’t want to see it ever happen again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City