Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 04:31 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,973,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
These mercenary jobs might become windfalls for retired and/or laid off cops. If the proletariat wants a war, I've no problem profiting off of it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 04:39 PM

383 posts, read 174,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jf13624 View Post
BX Fly you sound very bitter. I guess you failed the pd test. Oh well, I think Wal-Mart is hiring.
Thank GOD I haven’t failed my life and never was desperate to the point that I had to take a PD test. And yes if I had to chose I would rather work at Walmart.
What’s wrong with Walmart? They’re «*smaller*» than you? You consider them «*inferior*»? You were lucky they showed up to work in the worst of the pandemic. Be thankful to Walmart employees.

Old 07-02-2020, 04:39 PM

37,156 posts, read 39,430,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
So what of it? You "walk around" NYCHA projects and other low income areas and you see plenty of luxury vehicles parked as well, so what's your point.

Never mind, don't bother; more hypocrisy from bleeding heart liberal democrats. All NYPD must be "white" and thus "bad" and shouldn't get a GD thing, meanwhile the usual suspects whose entire lives often for several generations are nothing but take, take, take should get a free pass.

In other words some hood rat with no visible means of support, and or what they put down on paper doesn't possibly match their lifestyle trumps those who get up every day and earn.
They really should develop those parking lots.

Even better, give one last handout and convert them into market rate co-ops with a massive flip tax going into the co-op coffers.

Old 07-02-2020, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Fly View Post
Thank GOD I haven’t failed my life and never was desperate to the point that I had to take a PD test. And yes if I had to chose I would rather work at Walmart.
What’s wrong with Walmart? They’re «*smaller*» than you? You consider them «*inferior*»? You were lucky they showed up to work in the worst of the pandemic. Be thankful to Walmart employees.
Lol

Thanks for this.

It makes riding my $14,000 jetski that I bought for myself, in cash, with anti-cop protest money as a retirement gift at 42 years old all that much more enjoyable. Even better will be when my second union career pushes me over $200,000 a year.

Failure lol.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-02-2020, 05:10 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,672,260 times
Okay, so now the narrative is that NYPD cops can retire at 42 and still make over 200k?

Not bad. My in-laws live in NY state, too bad they don't have careers in PD or are teachers. They pay the highest property taxes in the nation. Over five times what I pay here in Knox.

Old 07-02-2020, 05:37 PM

That's with my second career. My pension isn't $200,000

Old 07-02-2020, 08:14 PM

31,919 posts, read 26,999,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The last decade or so NYPD salaries have gone up considerably and they are paid even more for overtime and ticket writing. Low paid and rookie cops are assigned to dangerous areas while the higher paid ones are assigned to easy midtown precients that do nothing but take bribes and write tix. It's not uncommon for a 6 year vet to pull in $150k with overtime and other bonuses paid out and never had to make any arrest in years.
You really don't have a clue do you? Not a GD one; nope, zilch, nada, nothing....

Your statement wasn't true back in the day, and isn't remotely so nowadays either.

Tons of NYPD from all levels take OT or other assignments to earn as a way of supplementing the pathetic pay city offers. More than a few have died on duty while doing those assignments.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...icle-1.1019218

Old 07-02-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
You really don't have a clue do you? Not a GD one; nope, zilch, nada, nothing....

Your statement wasn't true back in the day, and isn't remotely so nowadays either.

Tons of NYPD from all levels take OT or other assignments to earn as a way of supplementing the pathetic pay city offers. More than a few have died on duty while doing those assignments.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...icle-1.1019218
Sure, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Lol

Thanks for this.

It makes riding my $14,000 jetski that I bought for myself, in cash, with anti-cop protest money as a retirement gift at 42 years old all that much more enjoyable. Even better will be when my second union career pushes me over $200,000 a year.

Failure lol.

Old 07-02-2020, 08:57 PM

Gotta move up from PO.

And to make myself clear, you'll never catch me apologizing for my success. Hell no. The jetski was just a toy. Purchased my last car in cash as well. Look up the 2019 Outback Touring Edition.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Gotta move up from PO.

And to make myself clear, you'll never catch me apologizing for my success. Hell no. The jetski was just a toy. Purchased my last car in cash as well. Look up the 2019 Outback Touring Edition.
I think the important thing is that you personally feel like you’ve been successful no matter how meager or great other people see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City