Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 09:38 AM

18 posts, read 17,688 times

Advertisements

BX Fly you sound very bitter. I guess you failed the pd test. Oh well, I think Wal-Mart is hiring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 09:50 AM

17,624 posts, read 17,690,196 times
“Escape From New York”

Old 07-02-2020, 01:02 PM

1,913 posts, read 740,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Where we are today is what happens when people who know nothing about the police department or policing suddenly have a voice in important decisions. Thankfully this will no longer be my problem in 22 days!
https://nypost.com/2020/07/02/rich-h...fter-protests/

Old 07-02-2020, 01:36 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,300,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The last decade or so NYPD salaries have gone up considerably and they are paid even more for overtime and ticket writing. Low paid and rookie cops are assigned to dangerous areas while the higher paid ones are assigned to easy midtown precients that do nothing but take bribes and write tix. It's not uncommon for a 6 year vet to pull in $150k with overtime and other bonuses paid out and never had to make any arrest in years.
Maybe the most ignorant post of all time. Your average top pay day tour cop isn't even hitting 100k a year. So your 150k a year statement is garbage. I worked midnights. So I received night differential pay. My last year I did 500 hours OT and made 125k with my seniority pay included. In today's dollars with raises I would have made about 135k. I had to make numerous arrests and work my days off. I will never apologize to someone such as yourself who knows absolutely nothing about police work. Now you make accusations about taking bribes. Unbelievable.

Old 07-02-2020, 01:38 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,300,267 times
Quote:
If you walk around many precincts you'll find BMWs and even Porsches driven by NYPD. Must be doing really well for a public servant. I'm all for the cuts but it won't do much for future payments. NY will just borrow to keep paying for pension and healthcare for all the laid off and retired NYPD.
Funny my first new car I ever bought was a Honda Pilot and I bought that when I was a cop for 15 years. Again more ignorance in your postings!

Old 07-02-2020, 02:36 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,642,374 times
A lot of people just rent/lease their luxury vehicles. It’s cheaper and they are married so theres dual income to pay for it. Porsche is an exception but you don’t have to be much of a baller to drive a BMW.

Old 07-02-2020, 02:43 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,154,615 times
There needs to be judicial reform,from the top down.
You know, judges,da,cops, co, all in the same gang, they are we the people, and they really are we screw the people!

Old 07-02-2020, 03:37 PM

37,156 posts, read 39,430,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
A lot of people just rent/lease their luxury vehicles. It’s cheaper and they are married so theres dual income to pay for it. Porsche is an exception but you don’t have to be much of a baller to drive a BMW.
Get a Tesla, bro!

Old 07-02-2020, 03:49 PM

31,918 posts, read 26,999,286 times
Quote:
If you walk around many precincts you'll find BMWs and even Porsches driven by NYPD. Must be doing really well for a public servant. I'm all for the cuts but it won't do much for future payments. NY will just borrow to keep paying for pension and healthcare for all the laid off and retired NYPD.
So what of it? You "walk around" NYCHA projects and other low income areas and you see plenty of luxury vehicles parked as well, so what's your point.

Never mind, don't bother; more hypocrisy from bleeding heart liberal democrats. All NYPD must be "white" and thus "bad" and shouldn't get a GD thing, meanwhile the usual suspects whose entire lives often for several generations are nothing but take, take, take should get a free pass.

In other words some hood rat with no visible means of support, and or what they put down on paper doesn't possibly match their lifestyle trumps those who get up every day and earn.

Old 07-02-2020, 03:50 PM

874 posts, read 454,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jf13624 View Post

"BX Fly you sound very bitter. I guess you failed the pd test. Oh well, I think
Wal-Mart is hiring.

what's wrong with having a decent paying job at walmart ?

are you trying to belittle 'people' with this walmart 'crack' ? at least people GO to work and do what they
have to do to earn a living.... [walmart-snob].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City