Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2022, 04:40 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,043,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I'm obviously being sarcastic because I need to humor myself in order to overcome the sadness that Hochul IS going to win again. It truly is pathetic that New Yorkers are so thick that they will vote Democrat no matter how bad the person is.
Me too. Whoever ends the mandates that’s who I’m voting for. In this case it’s Zeldin. I need those mandates to end ASAP. For me it’s a life and death situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2022, 05:25 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,664,609 times
Quote:
I'm obviously being sarcastic because I need to humor myself in order to overcome the sadness that Hochul IS going to win again. It truly is pathetic that New Yorkers are so thick that they will vote Democrat no matter how bad the person is.

that's what I was thinking, and KK here is a prime example, he stated in one of his posts, he is voting for Hocul because of his disdain for Zelden.
yeah, that's really good reason

like others voting Biden just cause they don't like Trump.

never mind thinking about whether you like them or not, but will they run the city well, will they make everything safe again.

you don't vote the other one just cause you don't like one other.
might as well, not vote then.

NY must have Republicans all down the line, if anyone cant see the mess the Dems have done to this city, then they have a few screws loose.

Newsflash:The city is a freaking mess and crime is out of control.

Hochul, almost a year already, and agan, now, 2 cops or something shot up in the Bronx....yeah, shes really got the gun under control, she is a stupid dumb idiot

Old 11-02-2022, 05:54 PM

1,474 posts, read 764,046 times
https://nypost.com/2022/11/02/gov-ka...ra-bennefield/

“ “The system has to work. Orders of protection have to be granted, transition homes have to be available and we have to make sure that judges and prosecutors charge appropriately.”

In Keaira’s case, an order of protection was issued the same day 45-year-old Adam Bennefield walked free from custody on Oct. 4 because he’d only been charged with misdemeanors over the savage beating of his estranged wife — and couldn’t be held on bail under New York’s reforms.

The following day, police allege, Bennefield executed the mom-of-three.”

How does a piece of paper Order of protection help here ?

Old 11-02-2022, 08:24 PM

608 posts, read 240,098 times
To answer the original question(s):

Who? Idiots.
Why? Because they're idiots.

Old 11-03-2022, 05:26 AM

50,388 posts, read 64,062,004 times
Quote:
So true.

Old 11-03-2022, 05:48 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,264,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousMaximum View Post
To answer the original question(s):

Who? Idiots.
Why? Because they're idiots.
People aren’t idiots. At least not most. Many are voting in their self interest due to the welfare state. Many know Democrats in NYC = welfare. There are many who don’t work or work minimum wage jobs yet live very comfortably in the highest cost of living city in the US. There’s your answer why so many vote one way or another.

Old 11-03-2022, 06:19 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,734,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Looking at the polls, I think Hochul will pull it out, if only barely.
By 'the polls' I believe you are referring to the NY Times Sienna desperation poll published a couple days ago that showed Hochul up like 3 when the other dozen polls this week showed them tied or Zeldin ahead. It's desperation because against common practice it was a voice only survey and by their own admission 28% of self identified Republicans hung up on them

Old 11-03-2022, 08:21 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,664,609 times
NY Times is all BS, they are only interested in democrats and are a very unfair publication, basically, The NY times suck

Old 11-03-2022, 09:16 AM

3,511 posts, read 1,418,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
People aren’t idiots. At least not most. Many are voting in their self interest due to the welfare state. Many know Democrats in NYC = welfare. There are many who don’t work or work minimum wage jobs yet live very comfortably in the highest cost of living city in the US. There’s your answer why so many vote one way or another.
Voting for your own self interest is NOT the correct way to vote.

Old 11-03-2022, 09:23 AM

7,654 posts, read 8,724,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
People aren’t idiots. At least not most. Many are voting in their self interest due to the welfare state.
Many are told, falsely, what is best for their self interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City