Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was the Marine Right or Wrong? Wrong or Right?
Right 52 71.23%
Wrong 10 13.70%
Not sure 11 15.07%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2023, 10:25 PM

608 posts, read 239,182 times

Advertisements

How many people took the F train on the stretch between York St and East Broadway? ...and the F still has a lot of the older model cabs that lock you into 1 cab.*

It wouldn't take many rides encounter him and see he was a bully; nothing more than a pesristently agressive, physically confrontational, belligerent bully. The only shock is that this didn't happen sooner.

He got what he deserved. Those of you saying otherwise are lying, or never had to put up with crap like this.

The only reason the media is trying to spin it so hard is because the guy that killed him was a White Man but, if a Black Man killed him, that Black Man would also be right, AND other people were holding him down too, and it wouldn't even make a page 6 crime blotter summary or some such.

The wokies will of course riot, probably just in time for the 2024 elections, unless Penny gets 20+ years...

Neely was a piece of garbage, and the city is just a tiny bit cleaner because Penny stepped up and took out that trash.

*If you're not familiar with this, stay quiet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2023, 05:30 AM

4,196 posts, read 4,080,878 times
One thing that will probably hurt the ex-marine’s case is that Marines are taught hand to hand combat including lethal and nonlethal techniques. He can’t plead ignorance that he didn’t know what he was doing could kill the guy. A civilian might make that case but he was trained in such techniques. From what I read about the Marines Martial Arts Program he violated the rules if he had done this in the Military.

Quote:
A Marine facing a nonviolent but noncompliant subject can use an unarmed restraint to force compliance with minimal damage and pain. A more aggressive subject could be met with a choke, hold, or a strike. Lethal force can be used on a subject as a last resort.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine...l_Arts_Program

Old 05-15-2023, 06:44 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,258,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Lol, I don't vote at all. I don't believe any politician has anybody's best interests at heart, you or me included. If you think otherwise, more power to you. Who am I to crush dreams.

"Aww man my party lost"

Who has time for that
I do t believe for a second that if the welfare state politicians were in danger of losing power in NYC that you wouldn’t vote. You don’t vote because you like the status quo.

Old 05-15-2023, 06:59 AM

106,599 posts, read 108,757,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
One thing that will probably hurt the ex-marine’s case is that Marines are taught hand to hand combat including lethal and nonlethal techniques. He can’t plead ignorance that he didn’t know what he was doing could kill the guy. A civilian might make that case but he was trained in such techniques. From what I read about the Marines Martial Arts Program he violated the rules if he had done this in the Military.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine...l_Arts_Program
my opinion is he will be found guilty of man slaughter

Old 05-15-2023, 07:01 AM

34,043 posts, read 47,260,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
I do t believe for a second that if the welfare state politicians were in danger of losing power in NYC that you wouldn’t vote. You don’t vote because you like the status quo.
You're free to believe whatever you want, it makes no difference to me, nor does it affect my life any

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-15-2023, 07:01 AM

34,043 posts, read 47,260,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
my opinion is he will be found guilty of man slaughter
I concur

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-15-2023, 07:44 AM

5,207 posts, read 4,668,615 times
As I mentioned in another thread, we need robots to do this type of killing. I'm sure we'll get there someday. We need to punish this guy because as a society, we cannot endorse vigilante justice. But only the very extreme few support a crazy homeless guy on the subway to roam free and threaten everyone.

Old 05-15-2023, 07:48 AM

a physical threat can be met with physical force .

but only a deadly threat can be met with deadly force.

there was nothing indicating the bad guy was using deadly force upon anyone

Old 05-15-2023, 07:56 AM

5,207 posts, read 4,668,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
a physical threat can be met with physical force .

but only a deadly threat can be met with deadly force.

there was nothing indicating the bad guy was using deadly force upon anyone
Sure, so I guess the next time anyone kills someone for the first time, we can forgo all the debate about why that person wasn't stopped earlier. We as a society make up a bunch of these silly rules because of "feels." And that's why we can't do the right things until it reaches a breaking point.

Old 05-15-2023, 10:37 AM

courts don’t judge based on what ifs …

they base judgement on facts at hand now.

courts don’t work based on what may be next time .

in fact many times what transpired in the past is usually not admissible in the case .

just the here and now facts are what is judged ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City