Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 02:10 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,574,548 times

Advertisements

[quote=jinglebell;5405560]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post

You have an uneasy soul....

Not enough information to say about your body though...
oh well, it always gets back to that. enough said. read my previous posts about my lil ole bod. thanks for the guidance on my soul though. sure helps to have a satisfied soul on a cold winter night.

cheerio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 02:11 PM

434 posts, read 933,848 times
Default only if you are not a ghost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
feel free to e-mail me. sometimes it helps to bare the soul to a fellow human being.
I consider it a kind offer
Only if you are not a ghost

I am a little different somehow
The more I talk about it, the worst I get

I will be thrilled
If one can share her or his inspiring music or poem

Old 09-24-2008, 02:14 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,403,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rock View Post
Your anecdote just goes to show that:

1. Not even death can save you from getting fleeced by your ex-wife.

2. Guys like your buddy who received a lesson on how marriage/divorce works, prefer a girlfriend & kids to marriage & kids.

3. Women are the ones who primarily benefit from a marriage contract.

He could saved all this hassle by NOT getting married in the first place. His 3 kids would've each gotten their FAIR SHARE when he died. Ex-wives and "fair share" don't exist togther.

Weren't you the one who said finances have nothing to do with marriage? And now you say:

"Romantic, religious, moral, whatever other arguments aside, it boils down to economics and legal standing in a worst case scenario and providing for one's loved ones."
1. Yes, that's true, especially with a battle-ax ex. I'll never forget the image of her in a full length mink coat and Chanel glasses at the cemetery, as she appeared to smirk, not be overcome by grief.
2. Not true. The second relationship was complex for both parties. And, they were getting married as everything was arranged for about a month after the accident. The second time around was very different from the first, but that's the relationship that came out on the short end of the stick.
3. You are missing the point. The second house had nothing to do with the first family, yet they got part of the proceeds.

Yes, I did say that, from the perspective that you do not evaluate a marriage the same way that you do a financial arrangement, but when you have children, you need to put your own selfish desires out the window, since children should come first. For protections for the family, you need the documentation and assurances that are enforceable when you are living with someone and a child.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:15 PM

434 posts, read 933,848 times
i've tried them all but found that they were unable to make passionate love to me.

actually makes matters worse as then both my body and soul lie prostrate in dire need.[/quote]

Then I guarantee you have not found the right piece for yourself!

Well, a lot of homework to do!

Old 09-24-2008, 02:20 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,403,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinglebell View Post
Excellent writings!

I live right next to Irvine, CA, by the way.
Thank you. Ah yes, OC is a nice place to have a family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
I love beamer's posts too.
Thanks, quelinda! I enjoy all of your contributions as well.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:26 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,689,401 times
Default Thanks Miles

it's nice to get a compliment, it doesn't happen enough. I can also relate to certain women acknowledging your presence with some kind of glance or wink or whatever. It doesn't happen frequently with me much but when it does i always remember when or where it was and it always seems to be either latina, black or Asian women who do it (I am caucasian and these days look at more Asians, black and latinas than caucasians).

Old 09-24-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
it's nice to get a compliment, it doesn't happen enough. I can also relate to certain women acknowledging your presence with some kind of glance or wink or whatever. It doesn't happen frequently with me much but when it does i always remember when or where it was and it always seems to be either latina, black or Asian women who do it (I am caucasian and these days look at more Asians, black and latinas than caucasians).
Hey, if the girls wink at you, just wink right on back. You said that it's coming from Asian, black, Latina women and that you look at them too. So there seems to be a mutual interest there!

I tell you, rlrl, most times I'm in the mirror winking back at myself. I was just bragging about various women looking at me. They only look if I'm blocking their path at the traffic lights.

You're a lucky fella. Keep winking and blinking, then start whispering and talking, and who knows what's next?

Good luck, my friend.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:38 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,689,401 times
Default Did you ever...

have the experience of a certain personality type that's attracted to you but you just couldn't return the feeling at all? This happened to me at least twice at the job with a domineering, self centered type of woman (kind of histrionic), kind of superficially charming but you can sense a mountainous volcano of rage or contempt beneath it? It seems I could have my pick of these types (perhaps because I'm a somewhat passive type on the surface but I could be aggressive and take charge in certain situations that I'm sure about) but I just have no interest in these girls, not even for "just friends"

And of course the ones who are more mild mannered(nothing gets me going like a mild mannered woman) and attractive are either all taken or just not interested in me

Go figure

Old 09-25-2008, 05:45 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,944,603 times
Just a 'heads up.' Please keep this thread ON TOPIC. Off topic posts will be deleted. Thanks.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
Just a 'heads up.' Please keep this thread ON TOPIC. Off topic posts will be deleted. Thanks.
apologies. thought we were on topic

rlrl, a NY man, 25-35, seeking a serious relationship.jinglebell, a woman ,giving her advice to a ny man, 25-35.

sorry if we're off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City