Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2010, 11:58 PM

389 posts, read 774,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
i gotta report to qe12 tomorrow at 7am......does anyone know where i can park around there....are the spots on the street that i can get
big lot that is shared with q8

Old 12-26-2010, 02:45 AM

231 posts, read 466,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
ugh i wanted sunday off.... BX10 @ 0700 ... Oh well .. time to rock and roll!!!
I'm assuming thats where you live. I have to assume they sent you to your neighborhoods..."closest district" because you wouldnt know the district to do the routes.

Also, its the last time you will be 7am during a snowstorm, enjoy it. You will be 7pm-7am like us the rest until your 10th year.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:49 AM

335 posts, read 747,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJU2000 View Post
I'm assuming thats where you live. I have to assume they sent you to your neighborhoods..."closest district" because you wouldnt know the district to do the routes.

Also, its the last time you will be 7am during a snowstorm, enjoy it. You will be 7pm-7am like us the rest until your 10th year.
actually there are other districts that are closer than bx10.... bx7,bx8, and bx5 are all closer to me than bx10.....

perhaps they sent me to bx10 cause that was where I Was supposed to do my night time OJT??

Old 12-26-2010, 03:27 AM

233 posts, read 535,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
I am worried about merging a collection truck onto the highway.... sometimes people dont want to let you in when your in your personal car. But a collection truck... ugh... I dont want get into any accidents ... any tips guys?? Should I stop the truck if no one wants to let me in?? I know if I stop it then its gonna be a pain to get it back up to highway speed..

you will have to bully yourself in... the cars WILL let you go.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:08 AM

473 posts, read 932,242 times
Let it $now Let it $now Let it $now.
Be careful out there and take your time. If a street looks too narrow, don't drive down it. Safety first.
Good Luck

Old 12-26-2010, 01:41 PM

289 posts, read 746,195 times
Default First snow storm for the new guy's and gal's

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETIRED SANMAN View Post
HELLO GUY'S AND GAL'S I'LL LIKE TO LET YOU ALL KNOW HARRY GOT US THE 20 YEAR AND NO AGE PENSION THE CITY MADE THIS AGREEMENT WITH SANITATION UNION BECAUSE OUR WORK LOAD GOT VERY VERY HEAVY OVER THE YEAR'S, PLUS WE ONLY HAVE TWO MEN ON THE TRUCK WE ALSO PAY DOUBLE INTO THE PENSION EACH PAY CHECK, IF YOU WORK OVERTIME THEY WOULD TAKE MORE OUT OF YOUR CHECK.THE JOB IS A BODY BREAKER AND BELIEVE ME AS TIME GOES ON YOU WILL FEEL IT YOU ALL NEED THE 20 AND OUT PENSION.

LISTEN TAKE YOUR TIME ,ASK QUESTION'S ,BE SAFE DO NOT WRAP YOUR FINGER'S AROUND THE STEERING WHEEL WHILE YOU ARE PLOWING IF YOU HIT A SEWER CAP AND YOU WILL YOU CAN BREAK YOUR FINGER'S.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:13 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,063,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RETIRED SANMAN View Post
LISTEN TAKE YOUR TIME ,ASK QUESTION'S ,BE SAFE DO NOT WRAP YOUR FINGER'S AROUND THE STEERING WHEEL WHILE YOU ARE PLOWING IF YOU HIT A SEWER CAP AND YOU WILL YOU CAN BREAK YOUR FINGER'S.
That is something that probably isn't covered in the DSNY employee handbook. Good solid advice once again from RETIRED SANMAN.

Anybody see Bloombergs press conference yesterday. He had the onions to praise his puppet(Deputy Mayor Goldsmith)for coming up with cost saving ideas(aka DO MORE WITH LESS Mantra).

Doherty is soft, Bloomberg has him in his pocket, he looked angry yesterday and I don't blame him. You don't think those 2 classes that were canceled would have helped somewhat? DEP snowplows, haha.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:01 PM

116 posts, read 240,073 times
http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2010...-snow-cleanup/

Old 12-27-2010, 07:19 PM

289 posts, read 746,195 times
Default Maybe he will start to hire more Sanitation Worker's

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
that is something that probably isn't covered in the dsny employee handbook. Good solid advice once again from retired sanman.

Anybody see bloombergs press conference yesterday. He had the onions to praise his puppet(deputy mayor goldsmith)for coming up with cost saving ideas(aka do more with less mantra).

Doherty is soft, bloomberg has him in his pocket, he looked angry yesterday and i don't blame him. You don't think those 2 classes that were canceled would have helped somewhat? Dep snowplows, haha.
After this snow storm and not enough manpower some street's not plowed once, maybe they will hire new sanitation worker's.the New's is claiming it's as bad as the snow storm back in 1969 .Wait and see it will take awhile to clean up the Whole City ,then they have to dig out the trash.the next thing the guy's start to bang in sick or just to tired to work ,guess what even less manpower ,and it all add's up to the city paying out more $$$$$$.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:20 PM

233 posts, read 535,323 times
General Tip: Dont drive your SmartCar down an unplowed street. you will not make it and the street cannot be cleared!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City