Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2010, 04:27 PM

231 posts, read 466,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
Where were those trucks sitting on the nightline???
nightline is only half the day. they are supposed to manned all day long, especially when its the warmest out and the snow softens.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:50 PM

257 posts, read 507,905 times
first day i went out plowing the second day we broke out the v plow the thing is a beast... i went on wrecker runs today and got trucks and f e l's out of the snow....who needs fbf anyway

Old 12-29-2010, 07:14 PM

also i managed to pretty much get a gu spot in the garage which i actually like alot...theyd rather send out the other guys and keep me in the garage.....same thing when i got sent to 11 the other day i put the chains on the tires in like 15secs and the gu there kept me in the garage and sent the other 2 people i went to 11 with to go out and change a tire on a highway or somthing...i bust my ass but id rather be learning about the trucks and getting to kno people than sitting in a truck thats stuck in snow for 11hrs which happened to one of the other ojt guys.. he came back freezing cause the fuel ran out lol

i still want to go to q7 cause its the closest to my house and i want to see how its like over there but if i dont like it im gunna be putting a transfer to q12 its a great garage and its a good place to get thru probation

Old 12-29-2010, 08:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,716 times
This Is an absolute joke having the new class on the streets......ALONE
I heard that 6 of them have had accidents already.
this storm was 2 big, they should be partnered with a senior guy.
Or do corner caps.
JOKe
All them driving can do is get the in trouble.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:29 PM

335 posts, read 747,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
also i managed to pretty much get a gu spot in the garage which i actually like alot...theyd rather send out the other guys and keep me in the garage.....same thing when i got sent to 11 the other day i put the chains on the tires in like 15secs and the gu there kept me in the garage and sent the other 2 people i went to 11 with to go out and change a tire on a highway or somthing...i bust my ass but id rather be learning about the trucks and getting to kno people than sitting in a truck thats stuck in snow for 11hrs which happened to one of the other ojt guys.. he came back freezing cause the fuel ran out lol

i still want to go to q7 cause its the closest to my house and i want to see how its like over there but if i dont like it im gunna be putting a transfer to q12 its a great garage and its a good place to get thru probation
yeah i was doing the same thing on tuesday.. on sunday and monday i was plowing..tuesday i was doing nothing after I got a down truck up and running and brought it back to the district...so I went up to the GU and ask if I could help him and all day I helped him. Learned alot ... In exchanged he showed me how to operate the FEL

Old 12-29-2010, 10:31 PM

335 posts, read 747,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatAJoke1 View Post
Or do corner caps.
JOKe

how you know that 6 of them got into accidents and how bad were they??? they must of not been that bad .... and remember even senior guys hit cars in snow...

Old 12-29-2010, 10:48 PM

54 posts, read 110,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 606313X View Post
big lot that is shared with q8
if Q8 has a big lot then why are you guys from Q8 parking in Q10's lot

Old 12-30-2010, 03:05 AM

184 posts, read 338,901 times
damn.....as a new guy I have been plowing by myself and busting my ass shoveling corner caps fire hydrants and bust stops on queens blvd....I wish the garage would show us four new guys some mercy and let us chill with the g.u. for a day or two

Old 12-30-2010, 03:09 AM

200 posts, read 576,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenseastsanman View Post
if Q8 has a big lot then why are you guys from Q8 parking in Q10's lot
Q10 goes through Q8's locker room and uses the bathroom and leaves with all the toilet paper so we use their lot. Seriously though, its Q10, Q8 and Q12 lot. We all share it.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatAJoke1 View Post
Or do corner caps.
JOKe
its not like they all went out driving... most places wont send the new guys out or they have them follow some1 and do tandum... and i know most dont have the experience they need but even a guy with 36yrs on got into an accident yesterday and i went with the wrecker to get him out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City