Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2010, 08:37 PM

335 posts, read 747,664 times

Advertisements

Seems like i will be staying at BX10 after my training is done if we go back to it... i found out yesterday that I will be assigned there.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:29 AM

473 posts, read 931,928 times
I guess cocaine is not the only white stuff that makes people stupid.
The steets are not being plowed because people just deceided to leave there cars in the middle of them. Then they will be the first to complain that there street isn't cleaned. Amazing
Be safe out there and enjoy all the overtime

Old 12-28-2010, 10:14 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,059,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
I guess cocaine is not the only white stuff that makes people stupid.
The steets are not being plowed because people just deceided to leave there cars in the middle of them. Then they will be the first to complain that there street isn't cleaned. Amazing
Be safe out there and enjoy all the overtime
Now I know how bad it is out there. I didn't go anywhere yesterday other then to shovel in front of my home. This morning every corner that I turned there were cars stranded in the middle of the street.

Some had notes on the windshield, others had the drivers sleeping behind the wheel. One guy I think was trying to hustle a cab driver out of $35.00 to help him dig out his car by saying that the city will begin towing
all abandoned cars that are blocking the streets starting
tomorrow at 7:00am.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:34 PM

176 posts, read 374,491 times
I must say, they were towing cars in my district last night.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:41 PM

Just watched NY1 and Rocco Vertuccio is live in Queens talking about how people are unhappy their streets are not plowed yet. As an example he points to the street behind him. Guess what's parked right in the middle of the street???

Old 12-28-2010, 04:20 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,059,811 times
Last night on my block, well actually around 3:30am a BMW SUV gets stuck right in the middle of my block, both morons try to push, shovel their way out but fail, the car wouldn't even move 1 inch. So they stay in the car until around 7:30am when a few of their relatives help them out.

They only got as far as the next block where they found a spot. They did sand and later on plow my street a few hours ago. Let the meltdown begin over the next few days.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:11 PM

253 posts, read 540,071 times
I think this is good for the department. You cant blame sanitation. They simply did not have enough man power... And bloomberg wants to reduce by some 200 people through attrition. I hope we get hammered with snow..... Stay safe....

Old 12-29-2010, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7xxSanitList View Post
I think this is good for the department. You cant blame sanitation. They simply did not have enough man power... And bloomberg wants to reduce by some 200 people through attrition. I hope we get hammered with snow..... Stay safe....
The problem wasn't manpower. The problem was too many cars, ambulances, buses, etc. stuck in all the streets and we could not go through with the plows.
When a storm begins we plow all the primary roadways. Most people don't live on primary roads, so they are all driving down their blocks and getting stuck. The next night we hit secondary roads and guess what? There are cars parked everywhere blocking the road. You can have 20,000 Sanmen and we would have still had this problem.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:46 AM

231 posts, read 466,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
The problem wasn't manpower. The problem was too many cars, ambulances, buses, etc. stuck in all the streets and we could not go through with the plows.
When a storm begins we plow all the primary roadways. Most people don't live on primary roads, so they are all driving down their blocks and getting stuck. The next night we hit secondary roads and guess what? There are cars parked everywhere blocking the road. You can have 20,000 Sanmen and we would have still had this problem.

Problem was also man power. they picked there poison and left the side streets, which was the only move they had, but there were 10-15 trucks with plows sitting in our lot on the dayline. By the next night it was impossible to get to the side streets from the ridges created from plowing the main streets and it had turned to ice after all that time passed. That and the salt issue. Bloomberg and his sidekick are morons

Old 12-29-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJU2000 View Post
Problem was also man power. they picked there poison and left the side streets, which was the only move they had, but there were 10-15 trucks with plows sitting in our lot on the dayline. By the next night it was impossible to get to the side streets from the ridges created from plowing the main streets and it had turned to ice after all that time passed. That and the salt issue. Bloomberg and his sidekick are morons
Where were those trucks sitting on the nightline???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City