Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2011, 12:12 PM

176 posts, read 374,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknorth View Post
This rookie at my garage already had two accidents with the plow on I hope he doesn't get charged
Really hope they don't charge the guy being only 2 weeks into training & thrown out in this storm. He didn't ask to go out mid-training. Lets hope for no charges & his slate is still clean.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:22 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,063,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
Did any of the supv step down as of yet??
Posting part of the story from the Chief.

"With a Judge declining to issue an injunction to block the demotions and the union by its own account unable to move the city, 100 Sanitation Supervisors are now Sanitation Workers."

"On Dec. 23, Civil Court Judge Cynthia S. Kern denied the Sanitation Officers Association’s request for an order blocking the demotions pending further court action on the issue. She said she would decide Feb. 9 whether to issue a ruling or conduct a trial, according to the SOA website. The demotions went into effect Jan. 1."

"“We have no answers or even guidance to give the Supervisors,” SOA President Joseph Mannion said in an interview Dec. 28. “They don’t even know where they’re going yet.” He expressed hope that the problems with snow removal after the blizzard would make the city reconsider the demotions. A meeting with city officials set for that day had been canceled, he said."

Old 01-04-2011, 04:27 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,063,327 times
Alternatives Rejected

The city rejected counter proposals the union said would save money but avoid the demotions:

"Assign the 100 or so Sanitation Workers who serve as Superintendents’ clerks to drive snow-removal equipment."

"Provide a union-funded buyout of Sanitation Supervisors eligible for retirement in return for the city forgoing one layoff for each retiree."

"Encourage the retirement of Sanitation Supervisors at top pay and replace them with Sanitation Workers at the lowest pay step, saving nearly $56,000 per retiree."

"The city responded with a motion citing previous decisions in which “courts have repeatedly held that they will not become embroiled in management and operation of city departments.” The motion argues that the demotions are allowed under the Civil Service Law."

"The Bloomberg administration said it was exercising its managerial rights. It recognized that although it “could bear a reduction in the Sanitation Supervisor ranks, [it] could not do without more front-line snow-removal workers.” Once the SOA rejected the proposal for out-of-title work, the motion says, “the obvious option was...to maximize savings by stretching thinner the Supervisor ranks to beef up the snow-removal ranks. The action is not retaliatory but logical.”

Supervisors earn $71,775 to start and $89,552 after five years; Sanworkers earn a maximum of $69,339.(base pay)

Old 01-04-2011, 04:56 PM

53 posts, read 100,917 times
Default pension

does anyone know If I can join the 401k plan online or if I have to
send in the forms.
If I can what is the website.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:15 PM

208 posts, read 438,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonlee View Post
does anyone know If I can join the 401k plan online or if I have to
send in the forms.
If I can what is the website.
https://nyc.retirementpartner.com/login.do
To do it all online you have to first order plan materials through that page, then they snail mail you a pin and you can take it from there. Would have been a lot easier if that guy who came to talk to us would have taken it with him.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:44 PM

233 posts, read 535,341 times
there is about 700 tons of trash sitting in the district... why am i being sent out of town?

Old 01-05-2011, 11:14 AM

473 posts, read 932,285 times
Are you new guys back at fbf or are you still in the districts? Just curious

Old 01-05-2011, 03:14 PM

389 posts, read 775,027 times
Transfers open till January 10th now

Old 01-07-2011, 06:25 PM

53 posts, read 100,917 times
Default prescription

How do I go about filling a prescription at the pharmacy?
I have a few refills left on a med I'm taking and I want to have it filled before I run out.
Can I go to the pharmacy and pay for it and send in the reciept? or do I have to do something before I fill the script?
thanks for any help.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:09 PM

121 posts, read 249,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonlee View Post
How do I go about filling a prescription at the pharmacy?
I have a few refills left on a med I'm taking and I want to have it filled before I run out.
Can I go to the pharmacy and pay for it and send in the reciept? or do I have to do something before I fill the script?
thanks for any help.
First,you will need blank prescription forms from the union. If a shop steward cant help you,then call the union hall at 212-964-8900. Ask for the forms to be mailed to you. Take the form with you when you go to the pharmacy and make sure the pharmacist completes the indicated parts. You will fill out the other parts. Attach one of the receipts that shows the Rx number and the drug price. The ones that usually have two copies attached to the paperwork explaining the drug,etc. Mail this in. Usually the checks get sent every other week. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City