Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2015, 07:29 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,505,174 times

Advertisements

Grandfather

24,873 posts, read 36,228,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
There were 10 people there right?
2 OP teens
1 OP baby
2 OP/Husband
1 Grandma
2 SD& Fiancee...
1 SS
Who was the 10th if not SS's wife/gf?
grandpa

1,614 posts, read 2,307,083 times
Quote:
How is OP being passive aggressive? She provided dinner and seating for all people and said nothing regarding her SD's behavior.

Her husband's son was there with his GF/Wife. That's a DIL.
No, step-son is 18 and single.

Taco Belle is my step-daughter and she's 22 & engaged.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:30 PM

2,322 posts, read 925,562 times
Not only has this thread been instructional in helping all of us to be better hosts and hostesses, it has also served as a "How Not To Start A Thread On C-D" mini-course. TN2, I hope you don't mind if I'm a little familiar, we've spent so much time together it feels like I know you. TN2 wanted to spare us a lengthy post and wanted us to read through it's entirety, so she gave us an abbreviated version. Unfortunately the posted version was somewhat vague and had a few holes, that were absent when she re-read her post, and left us with questions and, more importantly to TN2, had most of going in a direction that made her look bad.

I would suggest, and I believe that this thread will back me up, that when starting a new thread all pertinent information be included. Stepdaughter was used to sitting at the island? that should have been mentioned. She actually moved your plate? should have been mentioned.

Including a floor plan would have cleared up the whole seating arrangement

TN2, handing your captive audience pieces of important information sprinkled throughout the thread made it very difficult to keep track of the seats, the kids and the number of hams that were served. Not only did it confuse those that actually read through the thread, it made you come across in the eyes of some as someone that was losing the popular vote and was trying to save face by providing information that didn't make you look as awful.

The next time you come here to rant, and I sincerely hope you do, I would suggest that you give us the novel. Trust me, enough of us will read it

Wishing You A Very Happy New Year!

Old 12-28-2015, 07:30 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,060,712 times
Quote:
How is OP being passive aggressive? She provided dinner and seating for all people and said nothing regarding her SD's behavior.
I guess we have different thoughts on what is passive aggressive. To me, not having enough chairs for step daughter and her fiance and expecting them to wait for others to eat before they could eat... all because they were late and didn't plan ahead is pretty passive aggressive.

Quote:
Her husband's son was there with his GF/Wife. That's a DIL.
I hope you weren't one complaining about people's lack of reading comprehension. Her husband's son was there, yes, but the husband's daughter was also there with her fiance.

The ten people at dinner were:

OP
OP's husband
step son
step daughter
step daughter's fiance
2 year old James
12 year old daughter
14 year old daughter
Husband's mother
Husband's father

The Step son did not have a wife/girl friend at dinner.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:38 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,307,083 times
At this point I feel like I need to provide a family tree diagram, a floor plan of OUR home, and some photos of the kitchen & its furnishings!

Old 12-28-2015, 07:40 PM

22,611 posts, read 19,322,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
No, step-son is 18 and single.

Taco Belle is my step-daughter and she's 22 & engaged.
you know what's going to be really funny? after reading this thread and getting used to the name, at some point in some conversation with her or with your husband, or someone else in the family, you'll refer to her as "Taco Belle" instead of her name. it's very clever, be sure to tell them it's spelled "Taco Belle" with an E on the end so they can appreciate the full depth of creativity, cleverness, and wit woven into the nomenclature

and remember....we want a thread telling us about that too

Old 12-28-2015, 07:40 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,249,199 times
Quote:
At this point I feel like I need to provide a family tree diagram, a floor plan of OUR home, and some photos of the kitchen & its furnishings!
Don't forget the meal and taco preferences.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:41 PM

18,234 posts, read 15,782,819 times
Quote:
Well yes, but that's just for starters.

There are people standing by waiting to analyze everything in great detail.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:42 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,916,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I guess we have different thoughts on what is passive aggressive. To me, not having enough chairs for step daughter and her fiance and expecting them to wait for others to eat before they could eat... all because they were late and didn't plan ahead is pretty passive aggressive.
Yes. It even included the passive part, which so many leave out in their definition.

Can someone help me out here? "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sundaydrive00 again."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships