Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Amendment 1
Yes, I support it 27 18.49%
No, I do not support it 119 81.51%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 03:27 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
Yes. You can vote for a couple judges and AGAINST this stupid amendment. I cast my vote yesterday (as an unaffiliated voter)
Thanks. Someone told me that I couldn't, but I will now.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
It is horrible, since it so volatile topic I posted about it P&OC forum the other day.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...nts-crack.html

Here video and transcript of his sermon Video: Amendment 1 pastor gives parents 'special dispensation' to use violence against LGBT kids!!! - Good As You:: Gay and Lesbian Activism With a Sense of Humor
Some of congregation where even saying Amen to what he said.

Thanks for clarification.
He should be defrocked.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:32 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I'm a registered independant/unafiliated. I can't vote in the party elections, can I vote against this ammendment?
As an unaffiliated you can vote on the amendment, and you can vote in either the democratic or republican primary (only one) if your choosing.

I have been unaffiliated voter for years, and might even vote for the least electable candidate if there is no primary for the candidate of my choice.

This amendment would be a slam dunk if only knuckle dragging republicans could vote, and having it during what is mostly a republican primary was the plan from the get go. That's why it is important that everyone votes, because all registered voters are eligible.

Last edited by Asheville Native; 05-03-2012 at 05:03 PM..

Old 05-03-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
As an unaffiliated you can vote on the amendment, and you can vote in either the democratic or republican primary (only one) if your choosing.

I have been unaffiliated voter for years, and might even vote for the least electable candidate if there is no primary for the candidate of my choice.

This amendment would be a slam dunk of only knuckle dragging republicans could vote, and having it during what is mostly a republican primary was the plan from the get go.
Thanks!

Yes, I saw that that was their plan, assuming that Bev would run again.

I believe that they have reapportioned you into my US House district. (District 10) My aim is to vote against McHenry. If I vote in the Republican primary, I can vote against him. If I vote in the Democratic primary, I can vote for the strongest opponent. I've heard that your mayor is running for the spot on the Democratic side. What's your view on that aspect of this sorry mess?

Old 05-03-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Thanks!

Yes, I saw that that was their plan, assuming that Bev would run again.

I believe that they have reapportioned you into my US House district. (District 10) My aim is to vote against McHenry. If I vote in the Republican primary, I can vote against him. If I vote in the Democratic primary, I can vote for the strongest opponent. I've heard that your mayor is running for the spot on the Democratic side. What's your view on that aspect of this sorry mess?
Yea, I'm also now in district 10 thanks to republican gerrymandering. Asheville and Gastonia have nothing in common.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:22 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
I hope this has been covered already but I'm not reading through 180+ posts to find it, so...

Have ANY of the several candidates for Governor taken a position against?
I haven't seen anything whatsoever to recommend any of them otherwise...
so was hoping maybe one at least had the guts to take the tough position.

thanks

Old 05-03-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Yea, I'm also now in district 10 thanks to republican gerrymandering. Asheville and Gastonia have nothing in common.
Here's a tip off for you. Cleveland County is majority Democrat. Belmont & SE Gastonia have a lot of transplants. Lincoln County is fairly red, but there are a lot of transplants east of Lincolnton.

Let's put it this way, McHenry came to Kings Mountain for a town meeting last summer & there were police posted to keep the peace. (He's that popular here.)

Old 05-03-2012, 06:33 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
I hope this has been covered already but I'm not reading through 180+ posts to find it, so...

Have ANY of the several candidates for Governor taken a position against?
I haven't seen anything whatsoever to recommend any of them otherwise...
so was hoping maybe one at least had the guts to take the tough position.

thanks
It was discussed in democrat governors debate and all 3 are against as well as Senator Hagan. McCrory is for.
Not surprising since this is unwanted Republican legislation.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:39 PM

26 posts, read 30,570 times
Yeah, Lt. Gov. Dalton (D) opposes the Amendment. He's the only one I could find who stated his opposition on his website.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:56 PM

Searching it looks like many local governments are ducking this issue, but I have found the following:

Winston-Salem city council won't vote until 5/7
Durham City Council voted unanimously to oppose
Asheville City Council voted unanimously to oppose
Gaston County - support
Greensboro - opposed
Raleigh - opposed
Chapel Hill - opposes

Any others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina