Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:29 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I don't think the CYC in W-B is as big as the old Scranton CYC....at least I don't think it has much of a gym with a big seating area like in Scranton. The W-B CYC seems closer to a YMCA than an arena.
Have you ever been to the CYC in Wilkes-Barre? The gyms there are pretty large and varied. The building is much bigger than it looks from the outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 11:57 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,184,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
.. I saw Billy Joel there twice when he was a nobody...
How old are you? 50? Billy Joel has had top 40 hits since the 70's

We are attending a birthday party at the WB CYC, and looking at the website, it looks like a great place.
From the pictures, it looks like the pool is Olympic size and they have open swim all week. Good to know!

Old 04-18-2011, 12:41 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,338,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
You mean you don't want to sit and look at a concrete wall while eating?
Well actually I do, especially if they're padded, because it reminds me of home!

Old 04-18-2011, 12:49 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,625,057 times
Quote:
How old are you? 50? Billy Joel has had top 40 hits since the 70's

We are attending a birthday party at the WB CYC, and looking at the website, it looks like a great place.
From the pictures, it looks like the pool is Olympic size and they have open swim all week. Good to know!

51 ... I also saw Blue Oyster Cult and Jefferson Starship there, LOL ( original members) The Scranton Miners with Swish McKinney, and the Globetrotters when Meadowlark and Curley were still playing Also saw Mike Tyson fight on an undercard there as Junior Golden gloves.. he was maybe 13-14 years old then

Old 04-18-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Well actually I do, especially if they're padded, because it reminds me of home!
You're lucky you have padding. When I get home they put me in a straight jacket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
51 ... I also saw Blue Oyster Cult and Jefferson Starship there, LOL ( original members) The Scranton Miners with Swish McKinney, and the Globetrotters when Meadowlark and Curley were still playing Also saw Mike Tyson fight on an undercard there as Junior Golden gloves.. he was maybe 13-14 years old then
Wow, my mom isn't even that old. She is only 35, and I thought that was old. I had to go with my mom to the Imagination Movers concert at the Kirby in Wilkes Barre, which I love. Does that count as a concert?

Old 04-18-2011, 10:47 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,531,081 times
Quote:
You're lucky you have padding. When I get home they put me in a straight jacket.

Wow, my mom isn't even that old. She is only 35, and I thought that was old. I had to go with my mom to the Imagination Movers concert at the Kirby in Wilkes Barre, which I love. Does that count as a concert?

I hear that some people hidden away in secret areas are even older than 51.......... But you did not hear it from me!

Your mom is........gasp........35.........that would make you about how "old"???? ROFL......better check the T.O.S.

I saw KISS at King's College Gym in the mid seventies.......the 1970's........do they still have concerts there.......do we still have concerts anywhere.......I'm so old and feeble I forget. .

Old 04-18-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I hear that some people hidden away in secret areas are even older than 51.......... But you did not hear it from me!

Your mom is........gasp........35.........that would make you about how "old"???? ROFL......better check the T.O.S.

I saw KISS at King's College Gym in the mid seventies.......the 1970's........do they still have concerts there.......do we still have concerts anywhere.......I'm so old and feeble I forget. .
Just having a but of fun. My wife is 35 and i'm 36.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:45 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Just having a but of fun. My wife is 35 and i'm 36.
Oh Em Gee! You are like so old!

(Says the woman in her 30s)

Old 04-19-2011, 07:21 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,535,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
I love The new River Common, I love Farmers Market on Public Square, I love downtown and close proximity to everything, I love the vast entertainment options and venues for such a small area, i love the close proximity to the Jersey Shore, Philly, New York, Wash/Baltimore. Love Abe's Hot Dogs and Philadelphia Subs, love the close proximity to many state parks, love Kirby Park, levee system, Nesbitt park. Good food and restaraunts. I HATE the poor government in Luzerne County, incompetent, criminal leadership, nepotism, lack of vision.

(pssst. The OP ^)

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:08 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,825,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Have you ever been to the CYC in Wilkes-Barre? The gyms there are pretty large and varied. The building is much bigger than it looks from the outside.
I know its big, but the old Scranton CYC was the closest thing we had to an arena in the area before the Wachovia...er Mohegan Sun arena was built...the gym has upper and lower decks of seating....used to host WWF, circuses, concerts, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania