Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2009, 04:40 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Anyone ever seen a light up musical fountain?

This is from the local mall.

Looks like my yard at night!!!

Cool fountain, & I love the storefronts (if that's what they are...!!)

How's gdude du(d)ing???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 04:45 PM

I've been busy in the jungle doing the last "heavy" stuff before the real heat sets in... I've gotta do some small concreting yet, & then it's just light maintenance through the summer (barring any strong storms...)

Hey ILP...I just ordered a frankincense tree online. I'm gonna give it a shot in a pot outside. Maybe I'll be burning my own home-made incense this year!!!

Old 06-01-2009, 06:37 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,066,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Looks like my yard at night!!!

Cool fountain, & I love the storefronts (if that's what they are...!!)

How's gdude du(d)ing???

Yes those are storefronts with lights shining on them.

Does your yard back up to a strip mall or something?

I am tired. Just went door to door handing out flyers in my complex. 6 buildings totalling 150 or so doors.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Yes those are storefronts with lights shining on them.

Does your yard back up to a strip mall or something?
LOL!! No, I just have it all lit up at night & have some colored fluorescents here & there too!!

Quote:
I am tired. Just went door to door handing out flyers in my complex. 6 buildings totalling 150 or so doors.
Sounds like it's time to relax....

YouTube - Vintage Miller Time Beer Commercial

Old 06-02-2009, 04:56 PM

Default The Dawn Keye Diet

A friend of ours, a nurse, who has done a lot of research about dieting, had given us information about the various popular diets including Atkins, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, and the South Beach Diet.

She then mentioned a diet about which we haven't heard previously, but which she insists works for everyone: The Dawn Keye Diet.

It's very simple & easy to follow. Just one step: keep your a$$ out of the refrigerator!!

Old 06-02-2009, 05:13 PM

OMG!! My cousin just got back from Rome & Istanbul & she brought me some Turkish music (as well as some t-shirts, spicy pistachios from Istanbul's Egyptian Market, & a Turkish "evil eye" to hang on the front door)!!!

The music's unbelievable!! So rich & sultry & evocative!!

Enya, I think you'ld love it!! I'll see if I can find a link somewhere so y'all can listen to it!!

I actually found a YouTube for 1 of the CD's....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC-KrQL8Fgg

Last edited by Jungle George; 06-02-2009 at 06:15 PM..

Old 06-03-2009, 07:34 AM

Default Would You Like Fries With That??

A crusty old biker out on a long summer ride in the country pulls up to a tavern in the middle of no where, parks his bike and walks inside.

As he passes through the swinging doors, he sees a sign hanging over the bar:

COLD BEER: $2.00

HAMBURGER: $2.25

CHEESEBURGER: $2.50

CHICKEN SANDWICH: $3.50

HAND JOB: $50.00

Checking his wallet to be sure he has the necessary payment, the ole' biker walks up to the bar and beckons to the exceptionally attractive female bartender who is serving drinks to a couple of sun-wrinkled farmers.

She glides down behind the bar to the ole biker. "Yes?" she inquires with a wide, knowing smile, "may I help you?"

The ole biker leans over the bar, "I was wondering young lady," he whispers, "are you the one who gives the hand-jobs?"

She looks into his eyes with that wide smile and purrs "Why yes, yes, I sure am".

The ole' biker leans closer and into her left ear whispers softly, "Well then, wash your hands real good, cause I want a cheeseburger".

Old 06-03-2009, 08:18 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,401,717 times
Love it! Sent it to all my biker friends.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:55 PM

Default Hmmmmm......

Have you ever wondered if the one dollar bills in your wallet were ever in a strippers’ butt crack or G-string?

If not, you're wondering now....

Old 06-04-2009, 08:41 AM

A blonde teenager, wanting to earn some extra money for the summer, decided to hire herself out as a "handy-woman" and started canvassing a nearby well-to-do neighborhood. She went to the front door of the first house, and asked the owner if he had any odd jobs for her to do.

"Well, I guess I could use somebody to paint my porch," he said, "How much will you charge me?"

Delighted, the girl quickly responded, "How about $50?"

The man agreed and told her that the paint brushes and everything she would need was in the garage. The man's wife, hearing the conversation said to her husband, "Does she realize that our porch goes ALL the way around the house?"

He responded, "That's a bit cynical, isn't it?"

The wife replied, "You're right. I guess I'm starting to believe all those dumb blonde jokes we've been getting by e-mail lately."

Later that day, the blonde came to the door to collect her money.
"You're finished already?" the startled husband asked.

"Yes, the blonde replied, and I even had paint left over, so I gave it two coats."

Impressed, the man reached into his pocket for the $50.00 and handed it to her along with a ten dollar tip.

"And by the way, " the blonde added, "it's not a Porch, it's a Lexus."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania