Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 12:22 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Have you ever wondered if the one dollar bills in your wallet were ever in a strippers’ butt crack or G-string?

If not, you're wondering now....
spending quite a few years as a bank teller, I had the experience of counting a young man's singles on a regular basis. I was young...he was young....so I didn't think about the grossness....
Then years later I counted singles for a lady....bow-legged...not exactly pretty by any means......It REALLY grossed me out. REALLY.....

Oh...Great joke JG.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 06:03 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
I hope everyone has a fantastic time at the MEET and GREET tomorrow. Wow, it is that time already.
I have known all along that the 5th was my middle daughters birthday and if luck would have it I'd be there.......I have wrapped her up a huge, huge, box of brownies ( her favorite) that Sams Club had. She will be getting another special gift in the mail she had asked for.
The three happiest days of my life where when the girls were placed in my arms.........
I remember each day like it were yesterday. I adore them to this day and always.
So I will be with you all in Spirit........
I can just see AmeriKen walking through the door with his shoulder name tags.....
Liallycat showing up with balloons.......( They will make you tall, they will!)
Some showing up a bit nervous......( Oh, don't be these are your friends!)
And......Oh.........Perhaps............an opinionated one or two.........or three........LOL
Just put that name tag on, and put out your hand.........I see a lot of friends having a good day..........Best Wishes! and a big, big, HUG.........

Old 06-06-2009, 06:59 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,062,199 times
Good Morning Everyone!!

For one of the rare moments in history the Canadian Dollar is worth more than the US dollar!!

USD$1.04=CD$1

Old 06-07-2009, 08:19 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,270 times
Default Feeling Unappreciated Lately?

Things Got Ya Down? Well Then, Consider These ..

From The New York Times: Bosses of a publishing firm are trying to work out why no one noticed that one of their employees had been sitting dead at his desk for five days before anyone asked if he was feeling okay. George Turklebaum, 51, who had been employed as a proof reader ata New York firm for 30 years, had a heart attack in the open-plan office he shared with 23 other workers.

He quietly passed away on Monday, but nobody noticed until Saturday morning when an office cleaner asked why he was working during the weekend.

His boss, Ellitt Wachiaski, said "George was always the first guy in each morning and the last to leave at night, so no one found it unusual that he was in the same position all that time and didn't say anything. He was always absorbed in his work and kept much to himself."

A post-mortem examination revealed that he had been dead for 5 days after suffering the coronary. George was proofreading manuscripts of medical textbooks when he died.

Still Not Having A Good Day?

In a hospital's Intensive Care Unit, patients always died in the same bed, on Sunday morning, at about 11:00 am, regardless of their medical condition. This puzzled the doctors and some even thought it had something to do with the super natural. No one could solve the mystery as to why the deaths occurred around 11:00 am Sunday, so a worldwide team of experts was assembled to investigate the cause of the incidents. The next Sunday morning, a few minutes before 11:00 am all of the doctors and nurses nervously waited outside the ward to see for themselves what the terrible phenomenon was all about. Some were holding wooden crosses, prayer books, and other holy objects to ward off the evil spirits. Just when the clock struck 11:00 , Kenneth Roberts, the part-time Sunday sweeper, entered the ward and unplugged the life support system so he could use the vacuum cleaner.

Still Having a Bad Day????

The average cost of rehabilitating a seal after the Exxon Valdez Oil spill in Alaska was $80,000.00. At a special ceremony, two of the most expensively saved animals were being released back into the wild amid cheers and applause from onlookers. A minute later, in full view, a killer whale ate them both.

Still think you are having a Bad Day????

Betty came home to find Jerry in the kitchen shaking frantically, almost in a dancing frenzy, with some kind of wire running from his waist towards the electric kettle. Intending to jolt him away from the deadly current, she whacked him with a handy plank of wood, breaking his arm in two places. Up to that moment, he had been happily listening to his Walkman.

Are Ya OK Now? - No?

Two animal rights defenders were protesting the cruelty of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn , Germany . Suddenly, all two thousand pigs broke loose and escaped through a broken fence, stampeding madly. The two helpless protesters were trampled to death.

What?!? STILL having a Bad Day????

Iraqi terrorist Khay Rahnajet didn't pay enough postage on a letter bomb.
It came back with 'Return to Sender' stamped on it. Forgetting it was the bomb, he opened it and was blown to bits. God is Good!

There now, Feeling Better, Are We ?

Old 06-08-2009, 09:20 AM

very much so!..lol

Old 06-10-2009, 07:05 AM

Anyone in the building?

Old 06-10-2009, 11:05 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Anyone in the building?
Yeah..but I'd rather be outside!

Old 06-10-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
Yeah..but I'd rather be outside!

lol

It's raining here so I am thinking it's best to stay in

Old 06-10-2009, 11:58 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Its hot today.........the AC is on.........but, I'd rather be hot then cold. Hot is easy to cool from........
Cold........I never can get warm, no matter what......just can't......
Gotta go check if the feral kittens have come out yet........they have been hid toooooo long.
Yes.......the mother is now fixed. All the ferals are fixed..........But, this last group has yet to peek out.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:35 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,400,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Its hot today.........the AC is on.........but, I'd rather be hot then cold. Hot is easy to cool from........
Cold........I never can get warm, no matter what......just can't......
Gotta go check if the feral kittens have come out yet........they have been hid toooooo long.
Yes.......the mother is now fixed. All the ferals are fixed..........But, this last group has yet to peek out.
Ha, I'm the exact opposite. I can't get cool when I'm too hot, but I can always warm up.

Good for you for fixing the ferals! It's the only way to stop the population growth. Well, that or perhaps spaying and neutering those that drop off animals 'to be free' when they no longer have a use for them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania