Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2008, 05:30 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times

Advertisements

http://www.shutterfly.com/jsp/proceserv.jsp?uid=2Acs2bZk4asd&rostate=67b0de21e9e 682774532&co=-1&js=1226190339098&ps=1&rs=6 (broken link)The lighthouse is on the top right. The fishing village is at bottom right....I'm sure the little fellows got the animated skating rink.....but that is usually in the middle. A couple of the houses and figures were made by a man who died shortly after he designed them. They left the stores quickly after that, and ebay treats them like gold. I only have a few........and I just didn't know how valuable they would be. ( his name I am forgetting, Oh a Scranbarre moment.......he might just call me on it....)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 05:32 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,270 times
Here's the finished product...it couldn't be a "surprise" 'cause it took up almost the whole great room for 5 months!!

I have everything mounted permanantly on 7 - 2'x4' sheets that slide together & are now stored on shelving in the "Xmas Room".

I also downloaded a short video I did after the set was done on YouTube....

YouTube - Bill's Xmas Town

Last edited by Jungle George; 04-11-2009 at 05:58 AM..

Old 11-08-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I don't see the skating pond...but this is some of the scene...the fishing village is not shown either......I'll have to get a better shot this year.
Nice Mrs. S.!!!

Old 11-08-2008, 05:38 PM

I did this a little different going along a long wall and corner....

Old 11-08-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Here's the finished product...it couldn't be a "surprise" 'cause it took up almost the whole great room for 5 months!!

I have everything mounted permanantly on 7 - 2'x4' sheets that slide together & are now stored on shelving in the "Xmas Room".

I also downloaded a short video I did after the set was done on YouTube....

YouTube - Bill's Xmas Town
Oh I will have to go to Utube right now for ideas.........Of course my train is with the little fellow, and my skating pond......so yikes. Do you know what JG.......My dad was a train buff. He had an entire downstairs full of trains and scenes. Mom sold them after he died. I did get the one set........that now is in the hands of the twins. They do love it so I am not all that sad.
Gosh it must take you forever, have you started THIS year? Oh I see permanantly stored now on the sheets......that was a fantastic idea. Here I am every year lugging house by house, box by box........But, hubby would never let me store the sheets........so its still house by house.........bahhhhhh

Old 11-08-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Oh I will have to go to Utube right now for ideas.........Of course my train is with the little fellow, and my skating pond......so yikes. Do you know what JG.......My dad was a train buff. He had an entire downstairs full of trains and scenes. Mom sold them after he died. I did get the one set........that now is in the hands of the twins. They do love it so I am not all that sad.
Gosh it must take you forever, have you started THIS year?
Well, this year we're gonna be up by YOU, so I'm not decorating...

My whole project started when Bill told me about his dad. He also was a train buff & built a whole diorama. When he died, Bill's mom gave the set to his sister & her kids destroyed it!! He was real upset about it.

So....the Xmas before last I got him the Polar Express train set as his present (he loves the movie) & last year I decided to do-up the village for him to go with his train. It started as a little thing, but I guess I NEVER do anything in a small way. So around $2000.00 & a lotta work later, he has this "mother of all" villages!!

I had the cheapo Marx Western train set from when I was a kid & sold it before I moved to Florida. I always loved train sets, but growing up there was never enough money for "frivolities"...

Old 11-08-2008, 06:12 PM

Part of the old train setup of my dads.......Lots of old steam trains. Many collections.....Such fun!

Old 11-08-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Part of the old train setup of my dads.......Lots of old steam trains. Many collections.....Such fun!
Reminds me of the store window in that movie "A Xmas Story"!! Whatta lotta fun!!

Old 11-09-2008, 05:07 AM

Where is everyone this mornin' ..........I have to go exchange the little tree, see if one of the stores has a replacement.
I plan to move the big table into the family room today to make room for everybody at the Thanksgiving table. I've done this a few different ways, now trying another new idea.........
Anybody else having a big bunch over?
I managed to get a free turkey from Giant this year. Usually its from Shop Rite, but I have been using Giant because of all the buy one get one free things. That is a great savings.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:38 AM

Default Good Mornin'

Good Morning to you NEPA and others...........Have your first cup of coffee by the fire. Its a beautiful sunny day in PA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania