Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 10:49 AM

37,119 posts, read 41,299,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I refused to give my kids Hep vax in the 90s. Did he write thqt down? Their doctor said I needed that too. Did he write down somewhere that I refused too?

My husband refused that also when he was in the hospital. Did his doctor put that in the CDC database? When that doctor asked ME if I had gotten bla, bla, bla, vax and told him I wasn't going to, did he snitch on me too?

Uh, oh. Big Brother is watching you.
If you refused a vaccine, you bet your sweet patootie it was documented in your chart. The doc does not want you to come in whining after you get sick and saying, "You never told me there was a vaccine to prevent that."

Put it in a CDC database? Whatever for?

Quote:
While they did quarantine for polio way back when, they didn't for measles, mumps, etc. They held parties so their own kids would actually CATCH them as young as possible. Today we have people running to the ER if they think they have the flu. I read somewhere that they estimated, because it was not recorded, something like 5 million childen a year used to catch measles. That would be an absolute HORROR today. People today are SO terrified of getting sick. Being in PAIN. Catching something from somebody else. Medicine has spread fear and paranoria. Horrible, horrible way to live. So afraid of dying, and of others, that you cannot be happy in living.

My rant from an elderly person who the HERD has to protect.
Ongoing Measles Outbreak in California: 51 so far linked to Disneyland-measles.jpg

Ongoing Measles Outbreak in California: 51 so far linked to Disneyland-mumps.jpg

Ongoing Measles Outbreak in California: 51 so far linked to Disneyland-scarlett-fever-quarantine.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 11:06 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Quote:
While they did quarantine for polio way back when, they didn't for measles, mumps, etc. They held parties so their own kids would actually CATCH them as young as possible. Today we have people running to the ER if they think they have the flu. I read somewhere that they estimated, because it was not recorded, something like 5 million childen a year used to catch measles. That would be an absolute HORROR today. People today are SO terrified of getting sick. Being in PAIN. Catching something from somebody else. Medicine has spread fear and paranoria. Horrible, horrible way to live. So afraid of dying, and of others, that you cannot be happy in living.

My rant from an elderly person who the HERD has to protect.
Yes, Measles is mostly survivable...it's not Ebola. But it's also not just the harmless bug you make it out to be. Of course, neither is the flu - both diseases can and do kill many people each year, particularly small kids and those with compromised immune systems. Then again, Measles is also one of the most contagious viruses around, so it has a much better shot at spreading like wildfire among uninfected. It has some ugly complications and risks for kids that are perfectly preventable. Even when not fatal, it ties up a lot of hospital resources to treat when those complications arise.

Even anti-vaxxers can't come up with a rebuttal for the clearly documented plunge in measles occurrence and mortality rates since the advent of modern vaccines. It works. And if it works safely and effectively, it should be used. Your "I remember it being kinda ok" approach to this makes for very poor public health policy.

Measles | Complications | CDC
Quote:
Ear infections occur in about one out of every 10 children with measles and can result in permanent hearing loss.
Diarrhea is reported in less than one out of 10 people with measles.
As many as one out of every 20 children with measles gets pneumonia, the most common cause of death from measles in young children.
About one child out of every 1,000 who get measles will develop encephalitis (swelling of the brain) that can lead to convulsions and can leave the child deaf or mentally retarded.
For every 1,000 children who get measles, one or two will die from it.
Measles may cause pregnant woman to give birth prematurely, or have a low-birth-weight baby.
WHO | Measles

Quote:
Measles is one of the leading causes of death among young children even though a safe and cost-effective vaccine is available.
In 2013, there were 145 700 measles deaths globally – about 400 deaths every day or 16 deaths every hour.
Measles vaccination resulted in a 75% drop in measles deaths between 2000 and 2013 worldwide.
In 2013, about 84% of the world's children received one dose of measles vaccine by their first birthday through routine health services – up from 73% in 2000.
During 2000-2013, measles vaccination prevented an estimated 15.6 million deaths making measles vaccine one of the best buys in public health.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:24 PM

10,237 posts, read 6,327,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you refused a vaccine, you bet your sweet patootie it was documented in your chart. The doc does not want you to come in whining after you get sick and saying, "You never told me there was a vaccine to prevent that."

Put it in a CDC database? Whatever for?

Attachment 143986

Attachment 143989

Attachment 143990
My Dear Suzy, If a doctor is NOT my PERSONAL PHYSICAN, how the hell is he going to put this information in my "personal chart"? You ASSUME that the entire population has their own personal doctors. Get a CLUE. ACA, Medicare, Medicaide only requires health INSURANCE, not that you go to "my doctor". You are living in some medical Fanasyland you yourself are creating. Clue. Will I be running in to my husband's doctor, or my kids pediatrican from 30 years ago, complaing when I catch Hepatitis? ROFL You can bet YOUR patootie I won't be when/ IF 66 year old me does.

Last edited by Jo48; 01-30-2015 at 02:10 PM..

Old 01-30-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
My Dear Suzy, If a doctor is NOT my PERSONAL PHYSICAN, how the hell is he going to put this information in my "personal chart"? You ASSUME that the entire population has their own personal doctors. Get a CLUE. ACA, Medicare, Medicaide only requires health INSURANCE, not that you go to "my doctor". You are living in some medical Fanasyland you yourself are creating. Clue. Will I be running in to my husband's doctor, or my kids pediatrican from 30 years ago, complaing when I catch Hepatitis? ROFL You can bet YOUR patootie I won't be when/ IF 66 year old me does.
Why would I expect any doctor except one that you have seen to have any medical records on you. That's absurd.

If you go to see a doctor, he advises a vaccine and you refuse the vaccine, he will document in your chart that you refused the vaccine.

If you take the vaccine, he will document in your chart the name of the vaccine, the lot number, where in your anatomy it was administered, and who gave it to you.

My response was to your assertion that someone who does not take vaccines has no record of not taking them. If you were offered the vaccine an did not take it, a record of that fact is made.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Why would I expect any doctor except one that you have seen to have any medical records on you. That's absurd.

If you go to see a doctor, he advises a vaccine and you refuse the vaccine, he will document in your chart that you refused the vaccine.

If you take the vaccine, he will document in your chart the name of the vaccine, the lot number, where in your anatomy it was administered, and who gave it to you.

My response was to your assertion that someone who does not take vaccines has no record of not taking them. If you were offered the vaccine an did not take it, a record of that fact is made.
So you are saying that my children's PEDIATRICIAN 30 year ago has records of MOMMY'S refusal? That HUSBAND's doctor has records of WIFE'S refual? You ASSUME that every adult has their OWN PERSONAL doctor. Hey, little secret, while ACA may require health insurance it doesn't require you have your own personal doctor. Get a clue. This is how adults slip threw the cracks. Can you achieve your Herd Immunity by targeting little children without the cooperation of the Adult population?

You do not want to address anything I am saying in regards to adults. If as an adult, I elect to never see a doctor, who the blank, blank is ever going to know if I am up to date on CDC vaccination records? It seems you have preconceived notions (unvaccinted little children with Jenny McCarthy parents) and refuse to LISTEN when I say that ADULTS, including PARENTS of unvaccinated children, are not getting vaccinated. Address THAT and stop beating around the bush, becauase your Herd Immunity is UNACHIEVABLE with JUST little children.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
So you are saying that my children's PEDIATRICIAN 30 year ago has records of MOMMY'S refusal? That HUSBAND's doctor has records of WIFE'S refual? You ASSUME that every adult has their OWN PERSONAL doctor. Hey, little secret, while ACA may require health insurance it doesn't require you have your own personal doctor. Get a clue. This is how adults slip threw the cracks. Can you achieve your Herd Immunity by targeting little children without the cooperation of the Adult population?

You do not want to address anything I am saying in regards to adults. If as an adult, I elect to never see a doctor, who the blank, blank is ever going to know if I am up to date on CDC vaccination records? It seems you have preconceived notions (unvaccinted little children with Jenny McCarthy parents) and refuse to LISTEN when I say that ADULTS, including PARENTS of unvaccinated children, are not getting vaccinated. Address THAT and stop beating around the bush, becauase your Herd Immunity is UNACHIEVABLE with JUST little children.
Yes, your children's pediatrician would have recorded mommy's refusal to vaccinate.

Husband's doctor has recorded husband's refusal to vaccinate. He may even record that no one in the family is vaccinated. That is part of taking a family history.

If you personally have never, ever seen a doctor, of course you will have no records. Did your parents also refuse to vaccinate you and any siblings you may have? If they did not refuse, odds are you got the DPT, polio, and smallpox vaccines. If you ever had the need for a cut to be stitched, you probably had a tetanus booster (with diphtheria vaccine in it for good measure). If you have had no adult boosters, you may still have some immunity and might be part of the herd whether you want to admit it or not.

Most adults were vaccinated as children. My adult children are fully vaccinated, including pertussis boosters, because they have small children.

Your assumption that no adults vaccinate themselves is false.

There is no such thing as a "CDC vaccination record", by the way.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:

If they do NOT go to a doctor, there can be no record of them refusing a vaccination You are walking down the aisle in Publix where they are giving Flu shots. Nurse comes up to you and says do you want a flu shot. You say no. How can there possibly be a record of you refusing a flu shot?

Yes, a Publix in Florida was doing that and stopping older people passing by. They have no clue who these people are. You assume that people's doctors would be telling them, but if they don't go to a doctor, a doctor would have nothing either way to put into any database. These people would totally go under the radar.

Could do this with Minor children, which they are doing right now, but they cannot with adults. Again, this is where the concept of Herd Immunity breaks down. ADULTS have the right to refuse vaccinations and all medical treatment.

Edit: If a person goes to an Urgent Care Clinic (instead of a personal doctor) they do not ask for your vaccination records, or if you want a flu shot. Been there, done that. You do not seem to understand that ALL ADULTS don't have their own personal doctors.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:59 PM

Quote:
If they do NOT go to a doctor, there can be no record of them refusing a vaccination You are walking down the aisle in Publix where they are giving Flu shots. Nurse comes up to you and says do you want a flu shot. You say no. How can there possibly be a record of you refusing a flu shot?

Yes, a Publix in Florida was doing that and stopping older people passing by. They have no clue who these people are. You assume that people's doctors would be telling them, but if they don't go to a doctor, a doctor would have nothing either way to put into any database. These people would totally go under the radar.

Could do this with Minor children, which they are doing right now, but they cannot with adults. Again, this is where the concept of Herd Immunity breaks down. ADULTS have the right to refuse vaccinations and all medical treatment.

Edit: If a person goes to an Urgent Care Clinic (instead of a personal doctor) they do not ask for your vaccination records, or if you want a flu shot. Been there, done that. You do not seem to understand that ALL ADULTS don't have their own personal doctors.
If you have ever seen a doctor, been offered a vaccine, and refused the vaccine, there will be a record of that refusal. If you never have seen a doctor, never been offered a vaccine, and therefore have not had a chance to refuse it, of course there is no encounter to document. Fortunately, most adults have seen doctors, were vaccinated as children, and do have records of being vaccinated. If they see doctors and refuse boosters, that will be recorded.

This entire nonsensical exchange started with your statement that people who refuse vaccines have no record of that refusal. In order to refuse it, it has to be offered. If it was refused, that is noted in the chart. Urgent Care centers keep records, too, and they often will offer vaccines. Some people have an Urgent Care doctor as there primary care doctor.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:

If you have ever seen a doctor, been offered a vaccine, and refused the vaccine, there will be a record of that refusal. If you never have seen a doctor, never been offered a vaccine, and therefore have not had a chance to refuse it, of course there is no encounter to document. Fortunately, most adults have seen doctors, were vaccinated as children, and do have records of being vaccinated. If they see doctors and refuse boosters, that will be recorded.

This entire nonsensical exchange started with your statement that people who refuse vaccines have no record of that refusal. In order to refuse it, it has to be offered. If it was refused, that is noted in the chart. Urgent Care centers keep records, too, and they often will offer vaccines. Some people have an Urgent Care doctor as their primary care doctor.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:04 AM

3,830 posts, read 4,666,124 times
Quote:

You're weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County