Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 01:26 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,299,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
YES, we're lucky enough to be baby boomers and to have lived when GOOD music first began.

I went to the Disney website, but can't find the spot to get a season ticket just for Epcot. Maybe they don't do that?

Silver Springs Theme Park seems to have good entertainment often, too and they're very reasonable. It's something like 50 a year for a season pass. We're going to a concert next Friday and we'll get to see Herman's Hermits. In another month, we're going to Iowa to see the Grass Roots AGAIN. I need my Roots fix since I haven't seen them since August when they were in Deadwood.
I seem to remember an After 5 season ticket for Epcot, that allows you to eat dinner there often AND hit all the concerts they have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 02:57 AM

24 posts, read 108,880 times
alot of people that work for Disney are in college programs and alot are also from overseas that are in these programs so they get to live in Disney housing and get all the benifits of Disney like free tickets and health insurance and an education. The other majority of those working at disney are only working part time for the tickets and benifits as well but they have other full time jobs, but the pay does suck....its mostly the benifits and free perks that they come for

Old 05-28-2007, 04:30 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,903,238 times
The problem I have with places like Disney is that they are making billions, yet they can't even pay $7/hr. So sad.

Old 05-28-2007, 05:59 PM

523 posts, read 2,830,718 times
my sister works at Disney call center in Tampa, 20 hr per week as part time job, no vacation no benefits, 8.00 hr. ( she does get free disney parks owned by disney admission for 4 people including herself 12 times a year )
but no sick times, vacation, insurance, just sick low pay. Dont understand why these people keep working for nothing. but plenty of partimers there who have husbands with good jobs.

Old 05-28-2007, 06:49 PM

91 posts, read 496,231 times
How many part time jobs have vacation pay and benefits? Most places I've seen you have to be full time to get vacation and benefits. I'm sure there is a few but not many. Plus not to many part time jobs pay anything either.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:31 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,833,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
The problem I have with places like Disney is that they are making billions, yet they can't even pay $7/hr. So sad.
$7/h?!?! Are you crazy!! You only start at $7/h if you are to be trained as a costume character. Otherwise, the starting pay is $6.75/h.

Disney is a horrendous company to work for. I pity anyone who works there (and is not the top 1% of the company and earn the super high salaries).

Not to mention, they treat employees as puppets or pets. People get dogged hard at Disney.

Old 05-30-2007, 01:00 PM

I've missed you Nirvana Guy

Old 06-01-2007, 12:56 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,833,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMIMANEFOSHO View Post
alot of people that work for Disney are in college programs and alot are also from overseas that are in these programs so they get to live in Disney housing and get all the benifits of Disney like free tickets and health insurance and an education. The other majority of those working at disney are only working part time for the tickets and benifits as well but they have other full time jobs, but the pay does suck....its mostly the benifits and free perks that they come for
The "Disney College Program" is an absolute absurd. People are REQUIRED to live in the Disney apts off on Lake Buena Vista and they have to pay Disney a LOT to live there. I knew a gal from Oregon that was in the "College" program and basically 1/3 of her pay was sucked off by Disney to pay for the rent, utilities, etc. The apt had 6 girls on a 2/2 tiny apt.

Not to mention all the college people working there gained NO valuable life experience, as how can wearing a 80lbs costume in 100 degree weather be applied to any professional occupation? How is selling soda, cleaning toilets, or operating rides that a 5year old can do be useful in the real work of BA-educated students??? EXACTLY....

Oh, not to mention the Disney apts had cops there every day and night with rapes, fights, druken rapes, drugs, 3am music and drugs, etc etc. That place was Hell, I kid you not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridasunshine View Post
my sister works at Disney call center in Tampa, 20 hr per week as part time job, no vacation no benefits, 8.00 hr. ( she does get free disney parks owned by disney admission for 4 people including herself 12 times a year )
but no sick times, vacation, insurance, just sick low pay. Dont understand why these people keep working for nothing. but plenty of partimers there who have husbands with good jobs.
How can she get a whole $8/h working for Disney!?! That is considered HIGH pay for Disney workers!!

The no-benefits, no anything is standard with Disney. That company sucks. I hate these slave-driving companies.... obviously, Disney is ran by far left Liberals (Michael Eisner) who claim to "care about people" and do what they do to workers.

Disney is horrible, no matter how you look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalt10 View Post
I've missed you Nirvana Guy
I missed you too, Dalt. I moved, that is why I was away. I knew you'd miss me and your life would be too boring w/o me in the FL forum, so I came back!! hehe.... Take care, bro.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:27 PM

You know it's not boring for me, I live in East Orlando (dead people on every block, no speaking english, etc). And I'm one of those management people at Disney that make to much money. Never boring.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:35 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,217,262 times
I have a close friend whose husband was a Disney painter. They are very pro-union. I am pro-union, but have never been a union member and don't share their staunch views, yet will admit I don't know the issue as well as they do.

HOWEVER, from the user end of Disney-last summer when I went with my kids I noticed many over-65 year olds working there and a number of them were really grumpy. I even mentioned to one of them that they should seek a position where they didn't work with the public for a while. I didn't say it in a mean way, but they definately didn't need to have public contact at the friendliest place on earth.

I will never say never, but we go to the parks every summer and I will avoid Disney this year only because of the older workers there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando