Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 05:36 AM

37,808 posts, read 41,097,858 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever visited Australia?

No

If no, is it on your ‘bucket list’? I won’t get upset if you say it’s not!

Won't fly anymore, so no.

Extra Credit Question:

If the Travel Fairy could magically transport you to Australia at no cost, and with no flying or jet lag, what would you most like to see?
Native animals – koalas, kangaroos, wombats, emus, kookaburras, etc.
Beaches
Great Barrier Reef
Uluru (Ayers Rock)
Sydney
Melbourne
Outback
Other:

Native birds.

Bonus Question:

John F. Kennedy was assassinated on this day in 1963. Are you old enough to remember the event?

Most people who are old enough, remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news. Where were you, and what were you doing?

Yes. I was in class in Jr High School. We were told to return to our homeroom for the announcement.

Just for Fun:

What would you rather do?
(a) Play a round of golf on a pleasantly warm day - or

(b) Ride a snowmobile on a freezing cold day

I'll play a round of golf if you add tackling your opponent on maybe every odd hole and racing your cart to some finish line. Otherwise zzzzzzzz.

I like cold weather so I'll pick riding the snowmobile on a freezing day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 05:37 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,741,906 times
Good morning everyone. A couple of Australian-flavoured questions for you today!

Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever visited Australia? No
If yes, what did you like best and what did you like least about it?

Yes it looks like it would be beautiful!

Extra Credit Question:

If the Travel Fairy could magically transport you to Australia at no cost, and with no flying or jet lag, what would you most like to see?
Beaches
Great Barrier Reef
Uluru (Ayers Rock)
Sydney
Melbourne
Outback
Other:

Bonus Question:

John F. Kennedy was assassinated on this day in 1963. Are you old enough to remember the event? I was 5 years old

Most people who are old enough, remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news. Where were you, and what were you doing? I remember my Mother being upset and talking to other people on the phone about the assassination. The tv was on all day which was unusual in our house.

Just for Fun:

Would prefer a warm day but wouldn't spend it playing golf.

Today in History:

1842 Mount St. Helens in Washington erupts
1910 Arthur Knight patents steel shaft golf clubs
1927 First snowmobile patent granted to Carl Eliason
1956 16th modern Olympic games opens in Melbourne, Australia
1963 John F. Kennedy assassinated

Today’s Word:

Poltroon \pol-TROON\ , noun;
1. A wretched coward; craven.
adjective:
1. Marked by utter cowardice.

Today Is:

Clean Up the Earth Day
National Knee Day oh my aching knees
National Nut Day
I'll take cashews or walnuts!!

Old 11-22-2011, 05:48 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,618,254 times
Good morning everyone. A couple of Australian-flavoured questions for you today!
Are they vegemite flavored? Yummmmmmm...

Mornin' all!

Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever visited Australia? No, but it's on "the list!"

Extra Credit Question:

Beaches
Great Barrier Reef
Uluru (Ayers Rock)
Sydney
Melbourne
Outback
Other:
Yes! And I'd do some awesome birding!

Bonus Question:

John F. Kennedy was assassinated on this day in 1963. Are you old enough to remember the event?
I was just shy of my 1st birthday!

Most people who are old enough, remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news. Where were you, and what were you doing?
I don't remember, but they tell me I was teething, learning to walk, and saying "mama."

Just for Fun:

Oh wow! This definitely!

Today in History:

Today’s Word:

adjective:

Today Is:

Clean Up the Earth Day
National Knee Day
National Nut Day

Have a great day everyone!

Old 11-22-2011, 05:56 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,941,785 times
Good morning to all! Just killing time before going to the Doctor's office for my annual physical and bloodwork (yay! ). Back to work tomorrow for one day, and then off for the long weekend. BTW, the paint didn't make it on the walls yesterday. DW is not overly happy about that!

Today’s Question(s):

I have not.

We fully intended on visiting Australia on a recent anniversary. In fact, I had saved up enough FF miles for two 1st class tickets. But when it came time to book the flights, neither one of us wanted to commit to flying that long. So we postponed the trip.

Extra Credit Question:

Beaches
Great Barrier Reef
Uluru (Ayers Rock)
Sydney
Melbourne
Outback
Other:

Bonus Question:

Too young.

Even though I was too young at the time, I have read about and have seen lots of shows about the incident. I don't know if it's still there or not, but they have a really cool museum on the 6th floor of the Book Depository where the shots originated from. I was so glad we had a chance to visit on one of our trips to Dallas.

Just for Fun:

(a) Play a round of golf on a pleasantly warm day

- or

Today Is:

Clean Up the Earth Day
National Knee Day
National Nut Day

Have a great day everybody!

Old 11-22-2011, 06:02 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,449,087 times
I have never visited Australia. We have friends who live there, but I guess the journey puts
us off. I would love to see kangaroos and koala bears. I was 10 years old when President
Kennedy was killed. I remember the newspapers, the pictures of his widow and children at
the funeral. The whole world was saddened by the event. Got worse when Oswald was
murdered. I have never read any transcript of what he had to say overnight in custody before he was killed by Jack Ruby. It was a strange, brutal event that even now is not
totally clear what happened. I still find it hard to understand the accuracy and damage done
by so few bullets shot at a moving car.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:24 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,285,655 times
Today’s Question(s):

If no, is it on your ‘bucket list’? I won’t get upset if you say it’s not! I've not really thought about it......but I'm sure it would be an adventure.

Extra Credit Question:

Beaches
Great Barrier Reef
Uluru (Ayers Rock)
Sydney
Melbourne
Outback
Other: I'd be open to see about anything

Bonus Question:

John F. Kennedy was assassinated on this day in 1963. Are you old enough to remember the event? Very faint memories of my Mom crying and watching TV coverage.........I was young enough that I didn't understand.

Just for Fun:

I don't golf but I would go for the warm weather.

Today in History:

Today’s Word:

adjective:

Today Is:

Clean Up the Earth Day
National Knee Day
National Nut Day Is this nut-nut or person nut?????

Old 11-22-2011, 06:38 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,560,480 times
Good morning all! I have a few more chores to do before we head to NC to play with the grands!

Today’s Question(s):

If no, is it on your ‘bucket list’? Of course!

Extra Credit Question:

Beaches
Great Barrier Reef
Uluru (Ayers Rock)
Sydney
Melbourne
Outback
Other: All of the above???? It's a beautiful country that I truly hope to visit.

Bonus Question:

John F. Kennedy was assassinated on this day in 1963. Are you old enough to remember the event? No..I was only 1

Just for Fun:

Have a great day everyone! Those who are traveling to your loved ones (or not so loved ones) I pray for you safe travels!

Old 11-22-2011, 06:41 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,052,579 times
Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever visited Australia? No but would like to. Just wish it weren't so far as I'm not sure if I could handle being in a plane that long.

Yes, I would like to visit Australia ... Sidney especially as my favorite singer is one of the worship leaders of a mega church there and would love to attend a service. Have you heard of Hillsong, Kobber?

Extra Credit Question:

Beaches
Great Barrier Reef
Uluru (Ayers Rock)
Sydney:
Melbourne:
Outback
Other: Hillsong (I think they are in Sidney?)

Bonus Question:

John F. Kennedy was assassinated on this day in 1963. Are you old enough to remember the event? I wasn't even thinking about being born

Most people who are old enough, remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news. Where were you, and what were you doing? I dunno what I was doing but I was out in the Cosmos somewhere waiting for my conception

Just for Fun:

What would you rather do? Neither but I'll say A ... Always prefer warm days to colder ones ... Not fond of golf though and I suck at it

Old 11-22-2011, 06:43 AM

151 posts, read 206,438 times
Today’s Question(s):

If no, is it on your ‘bucket list’? It absolutely is! Definitely one of my top 3!

Extra Credit Question:

Beaches
Great Barrier Reef
Uluru (Ayers Rock)
Sydney
Melbourne
Outback
Other:
All of the above!

Bonus Question:

John F. Kennedy was assassinated on this day in 1963. Are you old enough to remember the event? Absolutely not HAH! My mom was only 3 years old!

Just for Fun:

(a) Play a round of golf on a pleasantly warm day - or I don't play golf

(b) Ride a snowmobile on a freezing cold day - Not a big fan of the cold but I've been itching to go out on a snowmobile this year!

Old 11-22-2011, 06:48 AM

48,250 posts, read 22,050,772 times
Hi Kobber

Today’s Question(s):

I have never been to Australia.
It is not on my bucket list.....nothing against Australia.....just dont have any connection or romance about it......We go to Japan because we have family there.....at some time I would love to visit the British Isles......my family came from there....and we have a Japanese cousin who lives in London.
Extra Credit Question:

Beaches
Great Barrier Reef
Uluru (Ayers Rock)
Sydney Opera House
Melbourne
Outback
Other:

Bonus Question:

John F. Kennedy was assassinated on this day in 1963. Are you old enough to remember the event? Yes

Most people who are old enough, remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news. Where were you, and what were you doing? I do not remember for certain...I thnk I was at work in a psych hospital at the time....my memory doesnt seem to work that way....I dont remember where I was on 9/11 either. I do remember the Challenger explosion....I was living in NH and all TV's were on to see our teacher in space. That was a horrendous thing to watch.

Just for Fun:

I wouldn't want to do either.....but would choose the pleasantly warm day over the cold one.
Today in History:

Today’s Word:

adjective:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics