Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 06:50 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times

Advertisements

People that care too much about brands. Only real brands is worth it. I guess since you do have the money, why don't you buy some for me too?

And brands don't care about you. They only care about your money. I rather shop cheap than to use thousands of dollars for something that can be bought somewhere else. I hate when people just have to say people who buy knock-off are "losers" or "Fakers". At least I'm NOT in debt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 08:27 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
I guess I have two pet peeve in one day. Just because you turn 18 doesn't mean you're an adult. You may be an adult by law but you sure don't act like one. I just find it so annoying when teenagers think they can do whatever they want because they're 18. One of the most foolish thinking out there.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:18 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Why do many rap artist feel the need to use profanity. If the rhyme and rhythm is catchy enough, they can sell millions. Believe it or not, there are rap artists out there that do not lace their stuff with cuss words or use the N word.
What peeves me the most is these people who drive these loud, thumping boom cars in the neighborhood, blaring their music and lyrics from open car windows, for children to hear, merely walking down the street.

I live a half-block from a grade school, and astoundingly, I've seen fathers pick up their kids at school, and wheel down the street, with lots of kids present, blaring this music for all to hear.

Even though these kids' parents may not swear, use profanity, they can learn it just from a passing car today, walking on the sidewalk.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:44 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,467,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
I guess I have two pet peeve in one day. Just because you turn 18 doesn't mean you're an adult. You may be an adult by law but you sure don't act like one. I just find it so annoying when teenagers think they can do whatever they want because they're 18. One of the most foolish thinking out there.
You're not much older than them.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:50 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,467,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
What peeves me the most is these people who drive these loud, thumping boom cars in the neighborhood, blaring their music and lyrics from open car windows, for children to hear, merely walking down the street.

I live a half-block from a grade school, and astoundingly, I've seen fathers pick up their kids at school, and wheel down the street, with lots of kids present, blaring this music for all to hear.

Even though these kids' parents may not swear, use profanity, they can learn it just from a passing car today, walking on the sidewalk.
They're going to learn swears sooner or later. I don't know why parents are so paranoid over their kids learning swears.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:35 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
They're going to learn swears sooner or later. I don't know why parents are so paranoid over their kids learning swears.
I don't know why adults want to force children to grow up faster with the excuse that "they will be expose to (whatever) sooner or later so it might as well be sooner" Can't we just allow children to enjoy the innocence of youth without boorish adults trying to spoil it for them?

Old 02-14-2011, 09:29 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
What city_data said. And knowing how to swear doesn't automatically taint your innocence. I think the whole concept of children being innocent and the attempting to preserve that innocence is a load of crap. Children know more about sex, lying, swearing, and all the other "adult sins" than most adults allow themselves to believe, and they don't die knowing about those things. The greatest irony of all is that children often learn lying from adults who try to feed them some story instead of telling them the truth in order to preserve their "innocence."

Old 02-14-2011, 12:56 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

Quote:
I think the point is as much about poor values as language.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:23 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
When you're feeling calm and getting ready to go to bed and a long email from your abusive ex lands in your inbox and now you can't even think of going to sleep cause 9,000 emotions are running through your head at once.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:48 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,400,486 times
Quote:
One of my pet peeves is when fast food places don't get my order right.

Oh yes!!! Especially if I'm in the drive thru. they know folks most likely will NOT come back or even call to complain. GGrrrrrrr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics