Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 08:32 AM

591 posts, read 664,997 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
In honor of Statue of Liberty Day

How many of our QOTD family have been to see the Statue or Liberty ? We have. It was an emtional experience

Bonus Question:

Is there one thing or area around your home you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of ? My granite counter tops.

Extra Credit Question:

What is the first "switch" you turn on in the morning ?
Coffee maker
Computer THIS SECOND CITY DATA
Light THIS ONE

Just for Fun:

What is the "wildest food" you have ever eaten ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 08:40 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,549,905 times
Good morning Karla...

Your weather sounds about like ours...it was 97 degrees two days ago, then got up to 69 yesterday, with the same predicted for today, and they say it'll be up in the low 80's this coming weekend! It's crazy, but typical for Southern California!

I have never been to the Statue of Liberty, but have always wanted to see it.

I am constantly cleaning fingerprints off of the microwave oven.

Coffee maker...hubby does this!
Computer...I do this!

Rance & Sweden became husband & wife....Happy Anniversary!

Have a great Wednesday fellow QOTD'ers!!

Old 10-28-2009, 08:42 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,931,066 times

Today's Question(s):

How many of our QOTD family have been to see the Statue or Liberty ? ~yes,, back in the mid 60’s while I was in the service and stationed in N.J. nearby.

Bonus Question:

Is there one thing or area around your home you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of ? ~ We’re in the witness protection program and our fingerprints were removed.

Extra Credit Question:

What is the first "switch" you turn on in the morning ? ~ yes coffee!
Coffee maker
Computer
Light

Just for Fun:

What is the "wildest food" you have ever eaten ? ~ bear, elk, deer

Old 10-28-2009, 09:00 AM

16,806 posts, read 40,014,100 times
Today's Question(s):

How many of our QOTD family have been to see the Statue or Liberty? Not I.

Bonus Question:

Is there one thing or area around your home you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of? It's a toss-up between the swinging door to the kitchen and the icebox door.

Extra Credit Question:

Light

Just for Fun:

Braised pig intestine tacos

Today in History:

1961 - Brian Epstein, a record store owner in London, was asked by a customer for a copy of the record, "My Bonnie", by a group known as The Silver Beatles. He didn’t have it in stock so he went to the Cavern Club to check out the group. He signed to manage them in a matter of days and renamed them The Beatles. And the rest is history....

2008 - Rance & Sweden became husband & wife Congrats to them, but who are they? I assume he didn't marry Sweden the country. Is that even possible?

Old 10-28-2009, 09:06 AM

607 posts, read 1,335,754 times
Happy Wednesday morning everybody! And Happy Anniversary to Rance and Sweden!
How many of our QOTD family have been to see the Statue or Liberty ? Not me.

Bonus Question:

Is there one thing or area around your home you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of ?
The bathroom mirror, but it's mostly toothpaste, not fingerprints.

Extra Credit Question:

Coffee maker
Computer
Light
Light, then computer, then coffeemaker.

Just for Fun:

What is the "wildest food" you have ever eaten ? I'll try any game-type animal. Have had bison and *** burgers, alligator, snake, goat...the most unusual wild food I've had is salmon eggs, raw, in a kelp salad. That is an Alaskan Native dish, and it's very good! They also serve raw herring eggs, still attached to the branches they spawned on. I don't like this as much.

Last edited by seastar311; 10-28-2009 at 10:30 AM..

Old 10-28-2009, 09:10 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,651,820 times
Today's Question(s):

How many of our QOTD family have been to see the Statue or Liberty ? I haven't and hopefully I won't ever see it like this:

Oh my God, I was wrong, it was Earth all along
Well, you've finally made a monkey out of me

Bonus Question:

Is there one thing or area around your home you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of ? My cell phone

Extra Credit Question:

Coffee maker
Computer
Light

Just for Fun:

What is the "wildest food" you have ever eaten ? Pigs ears

Old 10-28-2009, 09:42 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,157,714 times
wow reading some of the "wild foods" you all have tried makes me realize that we have some very adventurous foodies in the QOTD family

Old 10-28-2009, 09:46 AM

24,541 posts, read 26,094,177 times
How many of our QOTD family have been to see the Statue or Liberty ?
I did back in the late 40's.

Bonus Question:

Is there one thing or area around your home you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of ?
Kitchen counter and appliance, which reminds me I gotta do it before The Super Chief gets home.

Extra Credit Question:

Coffee maker - 2
Computer - Always on
Light - 1 Bathroom

Just for Fun:

Old 10-28-2009, 09:50 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,548,688 times
Good morning to all my friends at the QOD thread..It is dark , damp and gloomy today so I am enjoying visiting some places I have not had time to for awhile

How many of our QOTD family have been to see the Statue or Liberty ?..
No, but I have always wanted to go to the crown, always thought that would be a challenge to my fear of heights

Bonus Question:

The glass doors..My great grandson is walking now and loves to stand at the doors and look outside at the cat who loves to sit outside and look inside

Extra Credit Question:
Coffee maker
Computer
Light
Light, computer and coffee pot...In that order

Just for Fun:

I tried squirrel..That tasted pretty wild to me

Today in History:
2008 - Rance & Sweden became husband & wife
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO cd'S "FIRST COUPLE"

Today is:
Internet Day[/quote]
I'll "post" to that

Old 10-28-2009, 10:16 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,650,969 times
Good Morning and a Happy Hump Day to all!! This will be the 2nd time I am posting. The first time I got done and went to hit submit and my connetion went down. Have I ever said how much I love dial up internet???? Anyways, today is my daughter's 11th birthday! I took her to Dutch Bros (the best coffee stand in the west!) and drove her to school, rather than having her take the bus. I rarely let my kids have caffeinated drinks, but a once in awhile treat is ok. She got a "Candy Cane Latte" - - I laughed to myself later thinking of what I may be putting her teacher through! She is high energy and talkative enough.... I can't imagine what she'll be like this morning! Oops!!!

How many of our QOTD family have been to see the Statue of Liberty?
Not I - I have pretty much stayed in the west.

Is there one thing or area around your home that you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of?
The sliding glass door. I don't think my kids know what that little handle thingy on the side of the door is for! They just smear their hands all over it and push it open...

What is the first switch you turn on in the morning?
Coffeemaker
Computer
Light - Since I get up at 4:30am, the light would have to be it. I would probably fall down the stairs if I didn't!

What is the "wildest" food you have ever eaten?
Nothing too weird, just deer and elk.

Wild Foods Day - Venison or elk salami is the best!
Statue of Liberty Day -
Fingerprint Day - How about handprints - like the little plaques you get from your kids or grandkids.... Those are so cute!
Internet Day - I am trying to honor this, but it keeps shutting down on me!

By the way, I got quite a few comments from people yesterday that didn't know what a DS was. I thought about it and had a good laugh, thinking that it could be taken as (dear son)! People were probably wondering about me tearing the house apart looking for "dear son", and even better, finding him under the seat of the truck!! It is a Nintendo DS, which is a portable game system. Have a great day!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics