Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 02:38 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,004,892 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
In honor of Statue of Liberty Day

How many of our QOTD family have been to see the Statue or Liberty ?
Not I !!

Bonus Question:

Is there one thing or area around your home you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of ?
Refrigerator!!
Extra Credit Question:

What is the first "switch" you turn on in the morning ?
Coffee maker
Computer
Light

Just for Fun:

What is the "wildest food" you have ever eaten ?

Javalina

Today in History:
1636 - The Massachusetts General Court provided 400 pounds to support a school or college, and so, Harvard University was founded in Cambridge, MA. How did they support the weight??
1886 - Statue of Liberty dedicated by President Grover Cleveland
1904 - Fingerprinting was first used by the St. Louis Police Department.
1922 - 1st coast-to-coast radio broadcast of a football game
1961 - Brian Epstein, a record store owner in London, was asked by a customer for a copy of the record, "My Bonnie", by a group known as The Silver Beatles. He didn’t have it in stock so he went to the Cavern Club to check out the group. He signed to manage them in a matter of days and renamed them The Beatles.
2008 - Rance & Sweden became husband & wife

Word of the Day:

conflate \kuhn-FLAYT\ , transitive verb;
1. To bring together; to fuse together; to join or meld.
2. To combine (as two readings of a text) into one whole.
Come together~Beatles

Today is:
Wild Foods Day
Statue of Liberty Day
Fingerprint Day
Internet Day Took two hours to get back on the internet this afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 02:46 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,469,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good Happy Wednesday Everybody!

Today's Question(s):

How many of our QOTD family have been to see the Statue or Liberty ? No, I haven't been to see it in person even though I lived about an hour away for 3 years. Because of 9/11, I never got up there from Ft. Dix.

Bonus Question:

Is there one thing or area around your home you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of ? Just dirty glasses is all I can think of.

Extra Credit Question:

Coffee maker
Computer
Light in the bathroom

Just for Fun:

What is the "wildest food" you have ever eaten ? Haggis or tofu. Didn't realize you might specifically mean wild game... if that's the case, I've only gone as wild as deer, Cape Cod duck, and Cape Cod geese.

Today in History:
1636 - The Massachusetts General Court provided 400 pounds to support a school or college, and so, Harvard University was founded in Cambridge, MA.
1961 - Brian Epstein, a record store owner in London, was asked by a customer for a copy of the record, "My Bonnie", by a group known as The Silver Beatles. He didn’t have it in stock so he went to the Cavern Club to check out the group. He signed to manage them in a matter of days and renamed them The Beatles.

Today is:
Wild Foods Day
Statue of Liberty Day
Fingerprint Day
Internet Day

Last edited by CoastalMaine; 10-28-2009 at 03:22 PM..

Old 10-28-2009, 02:58 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,349,192 times
Internet Day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2009, 03:16 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,624,715 times
Me. It was back when I was young and stupid (now I am left with just being stupid) and ran all the way to the top rather than ride the elevator.

What is the first "switch" you turn on in the morning ? Coffee maker
I cheat. i make a pot of coffee in the evening and put it in the fridge so all I have to do is pour a cup and microwave it for a minute.
Computer
This is second
Light
This is first

Domestic rat (raised for human consumption). Actually very tasty, just not much meat on them.

Cuy (pronounced coo-ee) or better known as Peruvian guinea pig. A very delicious and delicate meat. Tastes like a cross between beef tenderloin and venison ribs. It is widely raised for meat in Peru.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:27 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,229,562 times
Today's Question(s):

Yessireee! I've been there, done that! Didn't climb to the torch though...rode the elevator up to the observation deck.

Bonus Question:

Is there one thing or area around your home you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of ?
Absolutely not...I would be driven insane if I had that compulsion! Way too many hands in this house! LOL

Extra Credit Question:

Coffee maker - Nope, I buy mine out usually
Computer - Not generally...only if I have time
Light - This one!

Just for Fun:

Alligator...but I'm sure you Floridians wouldn't think this is very wild! Or are you looking in terms of venison! Wait! I ate moose once by accident...and won't repeat that mistake again!

Today in History:

1636 - The Massachusetts General Court provided 400 pounds to support a school or college, and so, Harvard University was founded in Cambridge, MA.

Word of the Day:

Today is:
Wild Foods Day - Why not! I'll try anything once! Just agreed to eat squirrel if my son gets one!
Statue of Liberty Day - YEAHHHHH
Fingerprint Day - Whatever!
Internet Day - I would be a total hypocrit if I didn't acknowledge this one! We all would be!

Old 10-28-2009, 03:31 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,465,311 times
How many of our QOTD family have been to see the Statue or Liberty ? I saw the Statue of Liberty in 1998.

Bonus Question:

Is there one thing or area around your home you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of ? The stainless steel refrigerator.

Extra Credit Question:

Coffee maker
Computer
Light Yep.

Just for Fun:

What is the "wildest food" you have ever eaten? Kangaroo Kabobs.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:52 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,681,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday

It is a cloudy morning here in NE FL heading to gasp 88 degrees
The weather folks are promising that we should be getting cooler weather by next week lol yeah we will see

Ok so lets get a start on "hump day" with

Today's Question(s):

How many of our QOTD family have been to see the Statue or Liberty ? Yes I've been there and had seen it.

Bonus Question:

Is there one thing or area around your home you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of ? No

Extra Credit Question:

Coffee maker
Computer
Light

Lightswitch first than the coffee maker....

Just for Fun:

What is the "wildest food" you have ever eaten ? hmmmm,let me see,I've had rattlesnake,groundhog,squirrel,rabbit,venison,bear ,elk,goat, squid, that's just to name a few...

Today in History:

Word of the Day:

Today is:
Wild Foods Day
Statue of Liberty Day
Fingerprint Day
Internet Day
Well y'all have a good day...

Old 10-28-2009, 03:59 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,597,934 times
Today's Question(s):
In honor of Statue of Liberty Day. How many of our QOTD family have been to see the Statue or Liberty ? Oh I wish that I had.

Bonus Question:
Is there one thing or area around your home you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of ? My cell phone for one thing.

Extra Credit Question: What is the first "switch" you turn on in the morning ?
Coffee maker
Computer
Light
Just for Fun: What is the "wildest food" you have ever eaten ?
Rocky Mountain Oysters
Would you believe me if I told you that I liked them?

Today in History:
1636 - The Massachusetts General Court provided 400 pounds to support a school or college, and so, Harvard University was founded in Cambridge, MA. ...Uh, 400 pounds of 'What'..??????
1904 - Fingerprinting was first used by the St. Louis Police Department. Yea, St. Louis!!!
2008 - Rance & Sweden became husband & wife . Happy Anniversary to them, Happy Anniversary to them, Happy Anniversary Rance and Sweden!

Word of the Day:

2. To combine (as two readings of a text) into one whole.[i][b] So, this is the anniversary of Rance and Sweden being 'conflated'????

Happy Wednesday to Karla and the QOTD followers everywhere!

Old 10-28-2009, 04:17 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,793,251 times
Today's Question(s):

How many of our QOTD family have been to see the Statue or Liberty ? many years ago when I was a little tike, went up inside but the arm was closed off to the public

Bonus Question:

Is there one thing or area around your home you are constantly cleaning fingerprints off of ? not really

Extra Credit Question:

Coffee maker
Computer
Light

Just for Fun:

What is the "wildest food" you have ever eaten ? just venison or partridge or calamari. Remember I'm as fussy as "Karla with a Yuck"

Old 10-28-2009, 05:22 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,624,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
What is the "wildest food" you have ever eaten ? just venison or partridge or calamari. Remember I'm as fussy as "Karla with a Yuck"
Karla is gonna get ya for that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics