Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2011, 10:38 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,481,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
mm: Your best bet is probably to rest it. Which means, sadly, lay off the Angry Birds for a while. Any repetitive motions are a killer. Have you tried the Icy Hot patches? There's another one - can't think of the name... You put them on the painful areas. They work very well for me. I feel for you. I've reached into the fridge for a gallon of milk...pain surge...milk on floor. (I now buy quarts, lol.)
I know....that and finding an alternate hair drying method or being okay with a more natural look for my hair for the time being...easier said than done, but that is really what needs to be done. sigh.

Hadn't thought of the IcyHot patches....thanks!

Old 08-09-2011, 10:49 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,210,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I know....that and finding an alternate hair drying method or being okay with a more natural look for my hair for the time being...easier said than done, but that is really what needs to be done. sigh.
I can't raise my arm for extended periods of time, especially if I'm lifting anything. So I can't use a blow dryer. I get body perms because my hair is so straight. When I wash it I let it air dry then use a curling iron to smooth out the tight curls and shape it the way I like it. Works for me.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:51 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,961,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I anticipate him driving it at least another 100K miles.
That's us too. We don't put many miles on the cars - especially now that he works 5 miles from the house. My car is a 2006 with only 32,000 miles on it. We really could almost have one car and really thought about it but have never followed through!

Old 08-09-2011, 10:52 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,961,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I get body perms
Okay - that threw me for a second.....

Old 08-09-2011, 10:58 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,481,058 times
I don't put too many miles on mine - it's a 2003 with about 80K on it (about 45k of which was on it when I bought it in 2007). I put a chunk on it when DD first went to college and had no car, and the year she was so sick and I was driving there on a semi regular basis. That has seemed to be semi calm lately so I just drive to work (only a handful of miles) and around town. I may upgrade in the next few years simply because I bought it when I really wasn't planning on having to buy a car. It's a pretty bottom of the line model of a very dependable car. No bells, no whistles. We'll have to see what happens....I don't really have a need for an upgrade and I have a hard time justifying it for a car I really do like for the most part.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:31 AM

13,447 posts, read 9,974,014 times
Hi all...

Saying hi - I'm in the middle of a massive house clean ahead of imminent arrival of the da da dah - in laws.

But it's all good - gives me impetus for a spring clean. I like the way I find out that someone spilled a drink between the couch sectionals 3 months after the fact. At least it's dry by now.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:05 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,577,445 times
Happy cleaning Fin!

"Someone" spills a lots in our house too. I have a sneaking suspicion that "someone" and "I didn't do it" may be the same person.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:14 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,117,463 times
I need you guys to talk some sense into me. I'm coming here since you all know everything. I don't need to rehash many details.

TK was to move out at the end of the month to be independent sharing an apartment with his friends. We were all excited at the prospect of his upcoming independence.

I can't believe I'm so upset about these latest developments.

I get a text from him today telling me that he's moving out today to live at his girlfriend's mother's house, the very house that kicked him out last November after he was only there for 2 weeks right after he had been kicked out of his mother's house. His girlfriend's mother hates how she can't control her daughter when TK is living there. She has a "friend" relationship with her daughter and doesn't know how to say no and has relied on my rules of how many nights TK is allowed to sleep over to keep her daughter on the right path. He lives rent free here.

Aside from this being a huge mistake because TK will undoubtedly be kicked out very quickly without notice, I feel like this is a slap in my face. No. No. He's not moving there at the end of the month. No. No. He's not moving out this weekend. No. No. He's not moving out in a couple of days. He's moving tonight with no warning whatsoever.

But worse of all is that my son recently started reaching out to TK to rebuild their friendship. A month ago, they had a good talk and they were getting along very well as housemates. That's quite something considering TK stole from him. Just this past weekend, my son wanted to hang out with TK---go places with him, etc. TK has been polite but not super receptive. On Friday, he says, "Yeah, I'll let you know what's going on this weekend" and then blew DS off with an apology on Sunday for not contacting him.

Then yesterday my son asked if he could join them when a group of them were going to McDonalds. I saw the negative look on TK's face. He clearly wasn't thrilled but he said okay. (DS didn't see the negative look on TK's face). While they were out, he heard they were going to the movies. DS asked if he could join them. In the past, when they were good friends, TK would have been thrilled. Instead of saying, "Sure, dude, that would be awesome" he was responding with "Uh, well, I don't know if there will be room for another person." Nothing negative came of this. I'm just sharing what happened. It wasn't like there were words or anything.

That was last night. Now today he TEXTS me from work saying he's moving out and into his girlfriend's mother's house.

I'm PISSED!

Here I have a depressed DS who is reaching out to this person who basically caused his depression to begin with. And TK can't even be a half assed friend. He's so selfish.

I know DS is better off without friends like him, but I fear DS might not be able to handle this when his depression is making him feel lonely to begin with.

Hubby's attitude is "problem solved." He doesn't understand why I'm hurt. Heck, I don't understand it either.

Logically, my mind says "good riddance." Emotionally, I'm shocked.

Last edited by Hopes; 08-09-2011 at 12:22 PM..

Old 08-09-2011, 12:26 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,198,006 times
listen to the logic talking! Maybe it's for the best. Whatever you do, don't let him come back if he gets kicked out again. You did your good deed. I don't think you need to wreck you emotional health or your son's to help this kid anymore.

num- sorry about the car. It always happens at the worst time.

MM- sorry about the wrist!

This has to be some kind of record for me - 1st time I've turned on the computer and it is after noon!

I'm really going to try to get a couple CE units done today, so slap my hand if I come back to C-D and don't have any done!

Old 08-09-2011, 12:50 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,117,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
listen to the logic talking! Maybe it's for the best. Whatever you do, don't let him come back if he gets kicked out again. You did your good deed. I don't think you need to wreck you emotional health or your son's to help this kid anymore.
Oh, I'll never let him come back. I truly am listening to the logic. I know it's for the best overall. I'm just so worried about DS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting