Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2017, 10:52 AM

158 posts, read 660,040 times

Advertisements

Not overly religious or superstitious but had a bad experience with one as a teen with three friends. Have no explanation for it, but wouldn't play with one since and don't want one in my home. If you want to let your kids use it, advise having an adult around to keep an eye on things; if one kid freaks out, they all freak out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 11:00 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,496,212 times
So, to the "no Ouija boards" folks, what about ghost stories? Sitting in a tent with a flashlight .."A young couple was hitchhiking, on a lonely road.....".

Then there was the "light as a feather" thing. That freaked me out as a child more than a Ouija board ever did.

Good times.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:24 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,018,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
So, to the "no Ouija boards" folks, what about ghost stories? Sitting in a tent with a flashlight .."A young couple was hitchhiking, on a lonely road.....".

Then there was the "light as a feather" thing. That freaked me out as a child more than a Ouija board ever did.

Good times.
"What about ghost stories?" as in, do I (we) have any? Or are we against people telling them?

Old 03-06-2017, 02:35 PM

14,551 posts, read 12,209,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post

Good times.
I think the fact that parents would be bothered if they found out, is half the appeal for a kid. It's a little taboo. That's why kids want to do things like this at slumber parties.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:16 PM

8,111 posts, read 7,485,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kejeey View Post
So..I know this is going to sound crazy but night before last our 15 year old daughter had some of her friends over, one of them brought an Ouija board.

LOL I have sons, not daughters, so no problems with Ouija boards at our house!

Old 03-06-2017, 03:16 PM

11,762 posts, read 14,680,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
My kids would be in big trouble with me if I ever found out they played with one of those.I am a Christian.
Wait, you're a Christian? That means that you're pretty sure there's exactly one god, right? Don't you realize that believing in the other evil spirits that can supposedly be summoned by the Ouija board is idolatry?

Old 03-06-2017, 03:48 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,929,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Nothing to do with being religious the things are dangerous..
They are. I stepped on the pointer thingy and cut my foot.

Better play it safe, have your kids play Cards against Humanity instead.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:06 PM

2,535 posts, read 1,875,322 times
Yes ouija boards are dangerous. It's a portal for demons and Satan to communicate with us. The movie the Exorcist was based off a true story. My grandma and uncle also had a bad experience with it.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:15 PM

792 posts, read 498,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Yes ouija boards are dangerous. It's a portal for demons and Satan to communicate with us. The movie the Exorcist was based off a true story. My grandma and uncle also had a bad experience with it.
I've been trying to get Satan to talk to me for weeks with this damn thing and it isn't working.

Suggestions?

Old 03-06-2017, 08:15 PM

919 posts, read 611,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliblue View Post
Well, you are pretty rude and obnoxious, aren't you? Who taught you your manners?

I called nobody a liar. I didn't even read anyone's post except the OP. I voiced my opinion, which is my right.

But if you wanna believe in ouija boards and magic and talking with the dead, go right ahead. Nothing I can say will change your mind, that is for sure.
I'm "rude & obnoxious" because I called you out on your ignorance? (I learnt my manners from my preacher father & Scripture teacher mother, thanks for asking) Bit of a drama queen then are we?

Your opinion is typical of those who can't consider any possibility outside of their own limited experience.
If you don't like to have your ignorance exposed for all to see, then maybe you should heed my grandfathers advice; "It's better to have others think that you're ignorant, than to open your mouth & remove all doubt."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting