Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2013, 01:01 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,951,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Good news. Realen Properties is planing to build phase two of the Edgewater Apartments at the corner of 23rd and Summer Streets in the Logan Square neighborhood. The development will go on the surface lot on the corner and will contain 250 units in what looks like a 24 floor tower.

Here is a preliminary mock up of what the tower could look like:

Realen is meeting with the LSNA tomorrow to discuss the project:
Edgewater II Tower Construction - lsnaphilly

Another surface lot bites the dust :cheers::rock:
this has speculated for some time, glad to see it coming to fruition potentially.

On the other point, this is not a surface lot. This tower would be on top of the existing parking structure there now. I believe original discussion included a pool on top as well though based on the render maybe that would be on top of the parking deck if included at all

This is current structure where this would built on top of

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Phila...248.87,,0,3.15

^^ Actually maybe not, I forgot there is the lot there, which upon further review would look to be the location
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 01:05 PM

8,701 posts, read 14,706,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
this has speculated for some time, glad to see it coming to fruition potentially.

On the other point, this is not a surface lot. This tower would be on top of the existing parking structure there now. I believe original discussion included a pool on top as well though based on the render maybe that would be on top of the parking deck if included at all

This is current structure where this would built on top of

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Phila...248.87,,0,3.15

^^ Actually maybe not, I forgot there is the lot there, which upon further review would look to be the location
The link to the LSNA Philly meeting for tomorrow, suggests that the developer is looking to build this tower on the surface lot on the corner. I would prefer it be built on the surface lot since the parking garage has rowhomes built in front of it to obscure it from view.

Quote:
The owner of the Edgewater Apartments, 23rd and Race, is planning to add an additional tower on the location of the current parking lot at the Southwest corner of 23rd and Summer streets.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
The link to the LSNA Philly meeting for tomorrow, suggests that the developer is looking to build this tower on the surface lot on the corner. I would prefer it be built on the surface lot since the parking garage has rowhomes built in front of it to obscure it from view.

Yes, my bad on the garage

It also says a townhouse faced (not sure if faux) at the street level, assume this owuld include more parking (new structure) but I wonder if there any retail space - that area could some stuff but is a funky location at the botoom of the 23rd street 676 exit

Old 04-15-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Yes, my bad on the garage

It also says a townhouse faced (not sure if faux) at the street level, assume this owuld include more parking (new structure) but I wonder if there any retail space - that area could some stuff but is a funky location at the botoom of the 23rd street 676 exit
In the preliminary render, it looks like there is going to be a 2 or 3 story parking garage at the base of the tower. I assume the townhomes would be built facing 23rd street to cover up the garage. The tower will also probably be set back from the street, to appease the neighbors in the area... but yeah this is sort of funky location to have retail. Could possibly work for one retail space for a restaurant or something, but IDK guess we'll see what the developer proposes.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
In the preliminary render, it looks like there is going to be a 2 or 3 story parking garage at the base of the tower. I assume the townhomes would be built facing 23rd street to cover up the garage. The tower will also probably be set back from the street, to appease the neighbors in the area... but yeah this is sort of funky location to have retail. Could possibly work for one retail space for a restaurant or something, but IDK guess we'll see what the developer proposes.
That area needs a local bar

Would love to see development at the large (huge) lot at 23rd and Cherry along the river and the large (basically a block) at 23rd and Market

Old 04-15-2013, 02:59 PM

KlingStubbins has moved the Castleway Tower development back into their In Design/Current Work page

Current Work of KlingStubbins :: Architecture Engineering Planning Interiors

Old 04-16-2013, 08:32 AM

2,940 posts, read 4,130,903 times
Quote:
Regional rail would be cheaper and make more sense since there are regional rail lines already there.
I thought about this everytime I went to the zoo or took a train past the zoo. Build the station close to Girard Ave. so it's close to the main entrance and to connect with the 15 trolley.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:46 AM

3 posts, read 4,124 times
I would like to see the train station near Girard too. Heck if they built a station near the zoo i would go, parking is such a pain there which has deterred many people from going. I'm just not sure if SEPTA has the guts to go through with this and I doubt the Fed will cough the $$ up too.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:37 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,231,385 times
Quote:
That area needs a local bar .................. 23rd and Cherry
That area has what was my favorite local bar when I was living there - just a short stroll over to 22nd & Cherry - Cherry Street Tavern

Excellent roast pork and roast beef sandwiches, amazing horseradish to put on them, moderately priced beer with a pretty decent selection ...... it was the epitome of a locals place

They would run bar trips to the phillies games and had a really strong mix of people indicative of what that area pulls in

Type of place that it takes a while for them to know you, but once established your set .... I remember the first time my roomate and I "met" the bartender .... he comped us a pitcher and stated that he's seen us in there a bit and asked our names - I had a buddy from out of town who chimed in "don't you want to know me" and in typical philly fashion stated "not really, i've never seen you before in my life" .... from then on we were set .... we showed up once when Coke was having a conference nearby and the bar was packed, we walked into a huge crowd and he yelled across the bar to us that he had a spot for us in the back room, game on the TV and a pitcher would be waiting by the time we made it there ..... a couple times my roomate would need an bit to get his head right before heading back home, so they would feed us waters while cleaning up and BSing ..... just so different from the "college bar", "city lounge" or "dive bar" options that seemed to be the most prevelant - nothing fancy, just a real comfortable place where you'd get friendly service, fellow patrons that were engaging but not obnoxious along with simple yet good food & drink

A little over a year after graduation I came back for a buddies wedding .... of course I met my old roomate for a drink ... he shaved his beard, I shaved over 60 lbs (some of which he apparently found) and we looked a lot different ..... by our second round the bartender was at our table with a "hey, I swear I know you guys" and he figured it out pretty quick despite us not being there in over a year

We were there typically 1x - maybe 2x per week and a ton of great memories

A little OT bar reminiscing that your post prompted

Old 04-16-2013, 11:54 AM

^^ Need to check that out, or better yet go with you for speedy service...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia