Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2022, 06:36 AM

10,642 posts, read 12,212,342 times

Advertisements

And there are whites who speak AAVE.......who say: axed, and baffroom, and s/he.they be doing whatever...not that I even agree with giving that a name OTHER THAN non-proper/correct English....

IF we want to discuss lack of education as a crime factor -- and I presume that's why we're even talking about Ebonics in a crime thread in the first place -- can we leave race out of it please?

I'll explore possible "social" reasons for crime just as much as the next person. But sometimes people just make unfounded excuses and people don't get the difference between correlations and causations.

The victimhood mentality is just too much to listen to sometimes.

I liked the other thread better where we just talked about the crimes themselves, and criminals being hoodlums and animals. Where's that thread? Can someone bring that back please? I want that back.

Old 12-29-2022, 02:25 PM

1,036 posts, read 455,370 times
Krasner had a new ''tough on crime'' minute: announcing a new carjacking unit in the DAs office.

Looks like Philly carjackings are 1,300+ in 2022 (wonder what the actual number is?).

None of this tough on crime/crackdown from the DA has to do with his impeachment proceedings..lol.

So Larry serves up distractions as if he's a tough on crime dude and, of course, has to tie his local impeachment efforts in a local office into the national issue of the general GOP ''authoritarian attack'' on democracy...lol.

Has nothing to do with the fact that, for example, homicides have increased 2017-2021 about 79% during Larry's time in office...smh (2017: 315 homicides, Krasner's 1st year in office 2018, through 2021: 562 homicides)

What's up with local pols always bringing in the national ''emotional button'' issues like global warming, abortion, and the GOP general authoritarion attack democracy...lol...because Larry is a victim of the GOP attack on democracy after all..lol...you can't make this stuff up and he says this all with a straight face like all well practiced deceivers can).

Of course people will buy into Larry's b.s. sideshow and the GOP authoritarian attack that is supposedly after him personally (there's that ego again) and not his criminal reform baloney that is costing 100s of lives in the black community that all this ''reform'' is supposed to be helping.

Better to always have a democrat DA over the ''never a Republican in Philly'' for any office mentality here.

Old 12-29-2022, 04:03 PM

843 posts, read 704,074 times
I liked that thread also, the only thing was it was all doom and gloom with no thought as to cause/solutions.
With groupthink in mind I would like to think this thread (and other conversations on social media) will help by offering solutions for some of these issues.

I've always said its really too bad that Philly has seen such a spike, and that its moved to the tourist/CC areas. Philly is such a cool town with interesting neighborhoods and its charm is fading with these crime trends and I'd like to hope that whether it be a new commish or DA that someone could come in and tuurn things back around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
And there are whites who speak AAVE.......who say: axed, and baffroom, and s/he.they be doing whatever...not that I even agree with giving that a name OTHER THAN non-proper/correct English....

IF we want to discuss lack of education as a crime factor -- and I presume that's why we're even talking about Ebonics in a crime thread in the first place -- can we leave race out of it please?

I'll explore possible "social" reasons for crime just as much as the next person. But sometimes people just make unfounded excuses and people don't get the difference between correlations and causations.

I liked the other thread better where we just talked about the crimes themselves, and criminals being hoodlums and animals. Where's that thread? Can someone bring that back please? I want that back.

Old 12-31-2022, 11:28 PM

2,242 posts, read 1,142,059 times
Ended the year with 516

*192 marked as 'S'. 60%-70% of suspicious deaths should be 'M', bringing the total to 631-650.
https://twitter.com/MarkFusetti/stat...todli62Ej5y8BQ

Remarkably, still down from last year with either total.

Old 01-03-2023, 07:52 AM

13,255 posts, read 33,622,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post

THAT thread was hi-jacked so many times that it was closed. https://www.city-data.com/forum/phil...hread-547.html

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 01-27-2023, 08:58 AM

1,705 posts, read 987,032 times
Is it me or does it seem like Philly cops are on a roll with catching some bad guys?

Old 01-27-2023, 09:02 AM

7,745 posts, read 5,557,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Is it me or does it seem like Philly cops are on a roll with catching some bad guys?

I have been wondering if it's a reaction to all the people being moved off desk-duty to patrols again

Number of Philly cops out injured drops 31% after Inquirer investigation uncovers abuse

Old 01-30-2023, 08:51 AM

1,705 posts, read 987,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
I have been wondering if it's a reaction to all the people being moved off desk-duty to patrols again

Number of Philly cops out injured drops 31% after Inquirer investigation uncovers abuse
That's encouraging.

Old 02-01-2023, 02:20 PM

7,745 posts, read 5,557,972 times
DeepZero AI is about to be rolled out on SEPTA next week. It's a gun detection system that alerts authorities 24/7. Timely after the triple shooting (1 dead) on a platform in Washington DC earlier today.

https://zeroeyes.com/

Old 02-01-2023, 02:30 PM

14,351 posts, read 9,234,499 times
Hoping DeepZero AI earns its keep!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia