Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 05:13 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,810,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
1. That IS debatable. 2. It doesn't explain why countries with strict gun control have considerable lower crime rates then the US. 3. You can't compare areas of the US, with other areas if the US, because once a gun is bought it can be taken almost anywhere in the US. 4. The only areas in the US that have gun restriction are Airports, public buildings, and the NRA headquarters. The restrictions are close to 100% effective at stopping gun crime in those areas.

You cannot take a gun anywhere in the US! You can take a gun anywhere in the state your CCW is registered to or reciprocal states but there is no federal gun license where you can legally carry in all 50 states.

Close to 100% effective huh. Well schools are a gun free zone yet that's where these wackos tend to go first because they know no one will be carrying! Sure it's debatable if you have your facts right.

Old 01-18-2019, 06:13 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,882,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
Earlier this week, a 14 year old boy was shot and killed by a Tempe police officer. The boy was a burglary suspect that the officer was chasing.
When the boy stopped he pulled an airsoft gun (they look real in most cases) and the officer shot him in fear of his own life.
Now protesters with signs that say "stop cop killers" and other crap are on the streets.
I will assume that in this case it would have been OK for the cop to have risk his life and take a chance that the gun was not real?
LEO types have a right to live and go home at night too.
Perhaps the parents of the boy should have taught him better.
The protests are embarrassing.
Look at the video which was released, and you'll see most everything you wrote turned out to be flat out wrong. Try using some facts next time.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ir/2617957002/

Old 01-19-2019, 09:13 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,524,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
1. That IS debatable. 2. It doesn't explain why countries with strict gun control have considerable lower crime rates then the US. 3. You can't compare areas of the US, with other areas if the US, because once a gun is bought it can be taken almost anywhere in the US. 4. The only areas in the US that have gun restriction are Airports, public buildings, and the NRA headquarters. The restrictions are close to 100% effective at stopping gun crime in those areas.

Debatable...Well sure it is

Enlighten me on the Chicago equation

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.

Old 01-19-2019, 09:19 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,647,404 times
I was on the cops' side until I saw the video. What the hell was that? Did he shoot the kid in the back as he was running away? If that's the case, the protests are valid.

Old 01-19-2019, 09:35 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,220,137 times
Look at it this way - the cop may have just nipped a career criminal in the bud. Nice shooting.

Old 01-19-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Look at it this way - the cop may have just nipped a career criminal in the bud. Nice shooting.
It appears that he shot a child in the back that was running away from him. You’re really depraved if you condone that.

The only “career” that is certainly over is his own.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:42 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,279,370 times
I couldn't see a damn thing from the video because it was shaking like crazy so I can't determine if he turned towards the officer or not. Maybe others can see it more clearly but the officer said he turned. Dude broke into a vehicle, stole a gun and ignored officers commands so that's the way the cookie crumbles unless the video shows proof I can't see.

Old 01-19-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
I couldn't see a damn thing from the video because it was shaking like crazy so I can't determine if he turned towards the officer or not. Maybe others can see it more clearly but the officer said he turned. Dude broke into a vehicle, stole a gun and ignored officers commands so that's the way the cookie crumbles unless the video shows proof I can't see.
Of course the cop said that he turned. I’m sure going to prison isn’t on the officer’s to-do list, so he’ll say and do anything to protect his interests. Apparently that needs to be pointed out. I don’t see a turn and it looks like the kid was just fleeing, but I guess we’ll have to wait to see what the investigation uncovers.

Old 01-19-2019, 12:05 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,279,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Of course the cop said that he turned. I’m sure going to prison isn’t on the officer’s to-do list, so he’ll say and do anything to protect his interests. Apparently that needs to be pointed out. I don’t see a turn and it looks like the kid was just fleeing, but I guess we’ll have to wait to see what the investigation uncovers.
You said it looks like the kid wasn't turning, but in the post above mine you said "what was that?" and admitted you couldn't tell what happened. You know what they say about assumptions, and that's what you're doing.

I feel bad for the kid because his brain isn't mature and probably didn't understand the consequences, but if you ignore officers commands with a gun in your hand, getting shot is a high probability.

Old 01-19-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
You said it looks like the kid wasn't turning, but in the post above mine you said "what was that?" and admitted you couldn't tell what happened. You know what they say about assumptions, and that's what you're doing.

I feel bad for the kid because his brain isn't mature and probably didn't understand the consequences, but if you ignore officers commands with a gun in your hand, getting shot is a high probability.
My comment was meant to show astonishment for what I saw, not a questioning of the actual situation. To me, it looks like his back was to the officer the entire time, but to your point, it’s not exactly shot in 4K. I just don’t at all consider the officer’s statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area