Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 03:31 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,954,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
It's a little more complicated than that. Interestingly enough, the crime was based off of an airsoft gun that the 14 year old was stealing.

Originally, after the truck owner looked at what was missing, he said he had both of his airsoft guns. Now he isn't sure. Of course he shouldn't be. After all, what are the odds that a 14 year old is stealing with a airsoft gun(s) inside of it WITH an airsoft gun already in his possession? I'm thinking 0.1%.

Anyways, this explains this very unfortunate even better. I'm very sure people assumed he is a black troubled 14 year old and he was robbing with the assist of an airsoft gun as a burglarizing tool. WRONG! See https://www.abc15.com/news/region-so...ing-speaks-out

So in short, no one deserves to die over stealing an airsoft gun. If you disagree then I sentence you to death if you "steal" on your taxes or steal some grapes at the store (like I did at Winco yesterday as I grabbed a few and popped them in my mouth). Maybe thieves need to learn by sentencing them to death. You know, it happens in places like Durban for stealing some washing powder. https://www.iol.co.za/dailynews/news...owder-16711509
First of all, race has **** to do with it so just stop. You've already lost most of your credibility.

Second, this is not the same as lying on taxes or stealing grapes from a store. If this has to explained to you then you shouldn't be allowed out in public unsupervised.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:43 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,651,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
If you're as stupid as he was I have no sympathy. It all goes back the very simple acts of not breaking the law and don't me what the officer tells you.
Sympathy or not, I don’t think you have a very good grasp of how the law and associated punishment works.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:48 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,692,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
You're leaving out the fact that this kid was committing a crime (breaking into a vehicle), which is why the police were involved. He ran away from the cops, which led to the ending of his life. If he had cooperated, he would have still been alive. I realize there are cops who are trigger happy and make bad decisions, but in the big picture I think we need to give them a break. They're out there responding to crime scenes and having to confront violent criminals on a regular basis. Put yourself in this officer's situation. Would you have handled it any better?
I don't think we need to "give them a break" - part of this cop's resume includes a tour in the service, where he was under supervision and strict rules of engagement not to shoot people in the back. The military actually puts people in jail for that. Why would we hold civilian "peace officers" to a lower standard than those in an active war zone? When was the last time you heard "peace officer", btw?

The reason there are protests is because the public already knows the script in this case - read up on the Daniel Shaver murder for a preview..

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-so...ot-unarmed-man

Same crew of "peace officers" who wanted to "clarify" their statements to help get a murderer in a cop-costume acquitted. The officer gets fired, then a half-baked "prosecution" that results in a hung jury.

The public is kinda getting tired of it. Cops already get the benefit of the doubt in shootings, just not when they're shooting people in the back. There are limits. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:15 PM

105 posts, read 84,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
The officer gets fired, then a half-baked "prosecution" that results in a hung jury.

I think you mean acquittal and not a hung jury. I don't dispute anything else you said on the matter.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:03 PM

9,746 posts, read 11,169,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
First of all, race has **** to do with it so just stop. You've already lost most of your credibility.

Second, this is not the same as lying on taxes or stealing grapes from a store. If this has to explained to you then you shouldn't be allowed out in public unsupervised.
Don't get your frozen North Dakota underwear in a bundle. So we are clear, I wasn't referring to the cop. I wasn't in his head so I have no idea. I was referring to a subset of people that will associate someones self worth based off of their race or wealth. I'll admit it, it crossed my mind that he was black when I read the title (14 year old shot..). Sad but true. As sure as I am sitting here, I wasn't alone. Do you have the courage to admit that?

Like it or not, we all prejudge. Even you. Therefore, a subset of people subconsciously are not going to have a lot of sympathy for the kid. One reason is the color of his skin and the other based off of his income background. That's a fact. Please tell me understand that this happens way too often.

Next up, "thou shall not steal." So yea, stealing out of a car out or grapes or stealing money from the government are all stealing. No? I'm sorry I had to explain that to you.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:26 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,558,397 times
Cops are held to such a nearly impossible standard for juries to find guilty, he'll get away with it. Btw, not that it matters, but there is absolutely no way this cop can justify this shooting because he felt he or bystanders were in danger. The only one creating a danger to bystanders was the cop shooting at a fleeing suspect's back in an alley - he could easily have missed and hit someone else. This is a horrific example of a cop doing his job badly, but far from the worst I've seen.
When you think about it, what this cop did was execute someone for burglery. Now, we all know that burglery doesn't get the death penalty, but that's exactly what this kid got. All because this cop was too lazy to chase him.

Last edited by duke944; 01-24-2019 at 06:34 PM..

Old 01-24-2019, 07:30 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,811,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Cops are held to such a nearly impossible standard for juries to find guilty, he'll get away with it. Btw, not that it matters, but there is absolutely no way this cop can justify this shooting because he felt he or bystanders were in danger. The only one creating a danger to bystanders was the cop shooting at a fleeing suspect's back in an alley - he could easily have missed and hit someone else. This is a horrific example of a cop doing his job badly, but far from the worst I've seen.
When you think about it, what this cop did was execute someone for burglery. Now, we all know that burglery doesn't get the death penalty, but that's exactly what this kid got. All because this cop was too lazy to chase him.
Maybe the kid should've STOPPED when told to!

Everyone wants to play judge and jury here,woulda...coulda...shoulda, The point is if these dirt bags (yes he's a 14 year old dirt bag) want to go out and steal from someone else then be prepared to suffer the consequences! I have no remorse for someone who commits a crime and is then shot,especially a thief! They're very high on my list of scum. I along with I'm sure everyone else here works very hard for what they have and if someone thinks they're going to just help themselves to my stuff they'll suffer them safe consequences as this little dirt bag! Rant over....Flame away!

Old 01-24-2019, 08:35 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,558,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post

Everyone wants to play judge and jury here,woulda...coulda...shoulda, The point is if these dirt bags (yes he's a 14 year old dirt bag) want to go out and steal from someone else then be prepared to suffer the consequences! I have no remorse for someone who commits a crime and is then shot,especially a thief! They're very high on my list of scum. I along with I'm sure everyone else here works very hard for what they have and if someone thinks they're going to just help themselves to my stuff they'll suffer them safe consequences as this little dirt bag! Rant over....Flame away!
Yes, let's give cops the power to kill those who don't obey their commands -that's the country I want to live in. He was being a punk, it's not a reason to kill him.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:20 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,882,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post

Innocent. Until. Proven. Guilty.

That doesn't mean "Innocent until some armed government goon shoots him in the back."

Old 01-24-2019, 09:20 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,811,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Yes, let's give cops the power to kill those who don't obey their commands -that's the country I want to live in. He was being a punk, it's not a reason to kill him.

Wrong! He was being a THIEF!

But I'm sure if this were your truck and he was stealing from you,you'd have invited him inside for a meal and sing kumbaya with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area