Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 04:22 PM

9,746 posts, read 11,171,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
???
Yes. People have prejudices and judge. Nobody is arguing that.
You were. You said being black didn't have "****" to do with it. Well I think SOME people's reactions are related to being prejudice. Maybe even yours.

Quote:
???
But are you really telling me you see NO difference between stealing grapes and doing what this little criminal did?
Yea, there is a difference. In one example, someone is stealing grapes. And the other an airsoft. Both are wrong.

What they have in common is that both perps have been desensitized to knowingly commit a crime.

Being white, well dressed, and 54 will make a cop think twice from shooting me. He didn't think once before he pegged off that 14 year old black kid. Maybe subconsciously he didn't feel the same self-worth?? I don't know. But it wouldn't be the first time this has happened.

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 01-25-2019 at 04:32 PM..

Old 01-25-2019, 09:02 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,954,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
You were. You said being black didn't have "****" to do with it. Well I think SOME people's reactions are related to being prejudice. Maybe even yours.

Yea, there is a difference. In one example, someone is stealing grapes. And the other an airsoft. Both are wrong.

What they have in common is that both perps have been desensitized to knowingly commit a crime.

Being white, well dressed, and 54 will make a cop think twice from shooting me. He didn't think once before he pegged off that 14 year old black kid. Maybe subconsciously he didn't feel the same self-worth?? I don't know. But it wouldn't be the first time this has happened.
The cop won't shoot you if you're not stealing, not fleeing, and doing what he says. Enough with the race baiting already.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:08 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,883,088 times
Quote:
The cop won't shoot you if you're not stealing, not fleeing, and doing what he says. Enough with the race baiting already.
So not doing what a government cop says means you get SHOT?

Damn, when did I wake up and find myself in East Germany?

Old 01-26-2019, 03:25 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,692,884 times
Quote:

You might want to watch this before you comment about "doing what a cop says" saving your life.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...2d0_video.html

Old 01-26-2019, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
You might want to watch this before you comment about "doing what a cop says" saving your life.

Everyone needs to watch that video. The cop was on a massive power trip! To my eyes and ears, it was a police execution. He was acquitted.

As I have said a few times before, I personal know some PHX police that are extremely racist. Rest assured there are some on the police force that would find a distorted pleasure finding a time and a place to "get rid of scum". So while most police are good, there are a lot of bad ones. But this police was seemingly drunk with power. It was if the suspect (on a business trip from TX and going to a Pest Control Convention) was the officers prey. It's obvious. At (0:49) "Shut up! I'm not here to be tactful or diplomatic with you. You listen. You obey." The list goes on and on. Like "(4:10) (YELLING at the top of his voice "You think you're going to fall, you better fall on your face.". What a power hungry ass.

Oh. The executed man was holding a pellet gun that he used for work (pest control) and a lady called the police that she saw a gun in the window.

In this thread, there are more than a few people who seemingly found some pleasure with the 14 year old shooting. Later in a logical headlock, came back to say "how sad and terrible" it is. I have my doubts I propose their 1st reaction are more reflective of their true feelings.

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 01-26-2019 at 04:19 AM..

Old 01-26-2019, 06:09 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,876,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post

Un freaking believable......goes to show cops like to kill white people as well.

Old 01-26-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Un freaking believable......goes to show cops like to kill white people as well.
His attorney:
""There are no winners in this case," Piccarreta said, "but Mitch Brailsford (the cop) had to make a split-second decision on a situation that he was trained to recognize as someone drawing a weapon and had one second to react."

Yep. IMO, he patiently waited for him the screw up so he could take a shot at his prey. So that well trained officer did what he was trained to do.

"According to the prosecution, Shaver showed them an air rifle used to exterminate birds and at one point waved it outside of his fifth-floor window — prompting a witness to notify the hotel front desk, which led to police to being called. Police said he had been drinking at the time." https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...murder-n827641

So using the logic of others, the unfortunate event "would have never happened" if Daniel Shaver would listened perfectly to the cop playing "Simon Says". And it was Shavers fault for waving the pellet gun out the window and being drunk. Later, police asked if he was drunk and he lied to the police. I guess the lesson is don't have a pellet gun in your room that you bring out, don't drink, don't lie, and follow "Simon Says" to the letter of the law. Because when crawling and your pants come down, you better not let your instincts pull them up. After all, you were warned multiple times that you would be shot dead. In summary, like other peoples words of (lousy) wisdom, "play stupid games,win stupid prizes".

What's next, the pigeon lovers are going to say "he got what he deserved" because he was a pigeon murderer?

Old 01-26-2019, 07:27 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,664,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
So, it's your contention that a well-dressed white 54-year-old can point what appears to be a deadly weapon at police and not get "pegged off"?

Interesting.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
So, it's your contention that a well-dressed white 54-year-old can point what appears to be a deadly weapon at police and not get "pegged off"?

Interesting.
I said he would think twice because I don't fit the profile. Surely I could be shot. All I am saying is add long hair, and the odds of getting shot goes up. Add in a scruffy look, and the odds go up again. Take off 30 years and the odds go up again. As I said, we all prejudge. It's a self defense mechanism. I'm the 1st one to admit I also profile.

That doesn't mean I won't run into a police who wants to shoot prey (and me) like the above example ^^. Statistically, I'm safer because of the way I look. I'm simply discussing averages (correlations). You realize that I'm right, don't you?

According to the Pew Research, only 1/4 of police ever fire their gun http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...eapon-on-duty/ . It's my contention that SOME police yearn for the opportunity. No different that SOME epidemiologists rubbed their hands together because they are FINALLY able to put to use their training for a massive out break like the Swine Flu or ___________. Or folks in the armed forces looking forward to "kick some arse" (a.k.a. kill). Not all but some (some == minority).

So my POV is there are some police that error on using their weapon when they shouldn't. Consciously or subconsciously because they want to be a "bada$s".

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 01-26-2019 at 08:00 AM..

Old 01-26-2019, 10:32 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,954,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson520 View Post
So not doing what a government cop says means you get SHOT?

Damn, when did I wake up and find myself in East Germany?
Are you ****ing kidding me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area