Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 10:37 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,649,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Are you ****ing kidding me?
I don’t think the comment is that far off. You seem to be in full support of some sort of an authoritarian regime where getting killed is an acceptable outcome when disobeying a cop. That’s not how things are supposed to work in the country.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:57 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,882,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Are you ****ing kidding me?
I could say the same thing about your constant "Police Uber Alles" posts. Glad I can activate the "ignore" feature!

Old 01-26-2019, 03:55 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,810,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Jeez, assuming a kid does something dumb like steal some junk out of a vehicle means he will grow up to be a career criminal and it's a good thing he was shot is about as sick as it gets. Most likely if he had escaped he would have been scared sh$tless and not done it again.
Or he might have thought "Geeze that was a rush and I got away with it,let try it again"

You nor I have any idea what went through his mind or if he's been in trouble before. Odds are he has because I don't think you wake up one day and say "hey I'm going to start breaking into cars today".

Again,I'm not condoning the cop shooting him in the back but the little dirt bag was stealing something from a truck that wasn't his! Sad but true if he wants to play big boy games then be prepared to suffer the consequences. This wasn't just taking a few grapes off the shelf (which is still wrong ) he was B/E in someones truck.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:40 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,649,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Or he might have thought "Geeze that was a rush and I got away with it,let try it again"

You nor I have any idea what went through his mind or if he's been in trouble before. Odds are he has because I don't think you wake up one day and say "hey I'm going to start breaking into cars today".

Again,I'm not condoning the cop shooting him in the back but the little dirt bag was stealing something from a truck that wasn't his! Sad but true if he wants to play big boy games then be prepared to suffer the consequences. This wasn't just taking a few grapes off the shelf (which is still wrong ) he was B/E in someones truck.
You keep mentioning how he was doing something wrong. I think we can all agree on that. No one has said that his crime was acceptable. The point is that the consequence wasn’t at all appropriate to the crime. So yes, he should have suffered the consequences - maybe some light time in juvie, a fine, court fees and probation; not death. What is there to argue about here?

Old 01-26-2019, 05:44 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,557,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
You keep mentioning how he was doing something wrong. I think we can all agree on that. No one has said that his crime was acceptable. The point is that the consequence wasn’t at all appropriate to the crime. So yes, he should have suffered the consequences - maybe some light time in juvie, a fine, court fees and probation; not death. What is there to argue about here?
Some blood thirsty posters here who want every thief shot on sight. We should stop arguing with them because they are off the rails and have little humanity left.

Last edited by duke944; 01-26-2019 at 05:55 PM..

Old 01-26-2019, 07:46 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
It was a sad case. Stupid kid should have not been stealing especially armed. No way the cop could know it was a pellet gun or real. And the cop should have never shot the kid in the back
At least we don't have to hear the media saying "white cop, black victim" in the headlines

Old 01-26-2019, 10:36 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,557,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
It was a sad case. Stupid kid should have not been stealing especially armed. No way the cop could know it was a pellet gun or real. And the cop should have never shot the kid in the back
At least we don't have to hear the media saying "white cop, black victim" in the headlines
Yes he was stupid, but he wasn't "armed." he had an airsoft gun - do you know what this is? it shoots plastic bbs, I doubt it would take an eye out with a direct hit. He probably found it in the van as he was rooting around, if he even ever had it at all. In the video I can't make out any gun, in that pause or otherwise. All I saw was someone bolting and getting shot at, that's it. For all we know the cop planted it on him to cover his murdering ass.

Old 01-27-2019, 01:34 AM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Yes he was stupid, but he wasn't "armed." he had an airsoft gun - do you know what this is? it shoots plastic bbs, I doubt it would take an eye out with a direct hit. He probably found it in the van as he was rooting around, if he even ever had it at all. In the video I can't make out any gun, in that pause or otherwise. All I saw was someone bolting and getting shot at, that's it. For all we know the cop planted it on him to cover his murdering ass.
Like I said "cop never should have shot kid in the back" thats all. As for as the cop knowing it was an airsoft gun, it would be impossible for the cop to know unless it had the orange tip. My nephews has airsoft guns that look identicle to the real thing. How was the cop supossed to know. As far as the cop planting a gun on the kid , that is pure conjecture.

Old 01-27-2019, 04:43 AM

9,744 posts, read 11,167,720 times
Quote:
Like I said "cop never should have shot kid in the back" thats all. As for as the cop knowing it was an airsoft gun, it would be impossible for the cop to know unless it had the orange tip. My nephews has airsoft guns that look identicle to the real thing. How was the cop supossed to know. As far as the cop planting a gun on the kid , that is pure conjecture.
The truck owner verified that he had an airsoft guns in the car.
https://www.abc15.com/news/region-so...ing-speaks-out

Old 01-27-2019, 05:43 AM

9,744 posts, read 11,167,720 times
Quote:
Because the officer was black is why it missed the "white cop shoots black victim" headline. But anybody who has dug deeper into this topic understands what is going on. Implicit and unconscious bias factually enters into police shootings. So it should come as no surprise that black cops shoot blacks in disproportionate levels. So you don't have to be white to take on an implicit bias. Black cops are also programmed by society. And no matter how hard I try to shake it, I too have some of that bias.

As an aggregate, blacks as well as other minorities "are where they are" for a reason. And it is because of systemic inequities that still go on today (in combination with horrific inequalities not so long ago). So being critical of police alone doesn't excuse the gross inequities of the entire criminal justice system. I'm talking about the prosecutors and judges and the prison systems (ESPECIALLY private prisons in AZ). Here is a well written link that that gives the stats to back up their point. https://www.vox.com/identities/2016/...al-disparities .

The article linked to above also had a active study that you are welcome to try. See Shooter Task -- Consent Form . Your task is to shoot the bad guy with the gun. Yep, I was trigger happy with a black man drinking a can of soda and I found myself delaying some before I shot a white armed man or women.

The reality is there are some people on this thread that have selective ignorance. They want to explain away the problems in society as a 14 year old should know better and ignore that at least that kids partial poor parenting is because of societies racism and bias. To me at least, even in 2019, society biases help cause obvious inequities. I'm part of the problem too. I'm rounded up by society and never judged as harsh because I am a white male. And since I have a buck in my pocket, it is now much easier to win the game called life. No, I'm not a "liberal" (I've never voted for a Dem... yet). I don't have "white guilt" either. But the odds are now stacked in our families favor.

So if I have a soft spot for the "thug" as some people have called the dead 14 year old, that's why. Because I have money, I made damn sure I lived in one of the safest cities and in a great neighborhood. Therefore we don't have police circling around our hood looking for problems and by definition, would reduce the kids in our neighborhood who might do something stupid from getting shot. So like always, follow the money. And like always, there is reason people "rise to the top" and it isn't exclusively because of hard work.

The bottom line is in order for police and society to reconcile, it only can begin by starting with the truth ^^. Often, the truth hurts. But more often, people don't want to admit they are part of the problem and the cycle of being selectively ignorant to get yourself off the hook begins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area