Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 05:45 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,951,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
If that's all you can say after watching a kid get gunned down, there's something seriously wrong.
You mean someone caught in the act of burglary and then attempting to flee?

Old 01-24-2019, 05:49 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,963,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
That justifies their death?

Old 01-24-2019, 06:17 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,871,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
Earlier this week, a 14 year old boy was shot and killed by a Tempe police officer. The boy was a burglary suspect that the officer was chasing.
When the boy stopped he pulled an airsoft gun (they look real in most cases) and the officer shot him in fear of his own life.
Now protesters with signs that say "stop cop killers" and other crap are on the streets.
I will assume that in this case it would have been OK for the cop to have risk his life and take a chance that the gun was not real?
LEO types have a right to live and go home at night too.
Perhaps the parents of the boy should have taught him better.
The protests are embarrassing.
Before protesting, maybe those people should put themselves in the same situation the police officer was in and see what they would have done if the suspect pointed something at them that looked like a real weapon.

14 years old and a burglary suspect, it is sad but it didn't seem like this kid had a bright future ahead.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:06 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,871,660 times
I'm not sure if the Tempe Police body cam video was posted here, but.. play it and watch what happens around the time the officer asks the suspect "Let me see your hands", after frame 1:12, when the foot chase started, you can hear noise that sounded like gun fire at frame 1:13-1:14, and it wasn't from the officer's weapon. Also, play the video by clicking on the link below so that you can watch it directly on youtube.com, which also gives you the ability to play it in full screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVBO...ature=youtu.be

Old 01-24-2019, 07:20 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,920,834 times
yep, that first gunshot definately was NOT from the officers weapon...

Old 01-24-2019, 07:24 AM

9,744 posts, read 11,167,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Before protesting, maybe those people should put themselves in the same situation the police officer was in and see what they would have done if the suspect pointed something at them that looked like a real weapon.

14 years old and a burglary suspect, it is sad but it didn't seem like this kid had a bright future ahead.
He should have been in track. He made a lot of ground, fast.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:57 AM

9,744 posts, read 11,167,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
It's a little more complicated than that. Interestingly enough, the crime was based off of an airsoft gun that the 14 year old was stealing.

Originally, after the truck owner looked at what was missing, he said he had both of his airsoft guns. Now he isn't sure. Of course he shouldn't be. After all, what are the odds that a 14 year old is stealing with a airsoft gun(s) inside of it WITH an airsoft gun already in his possession? I'm thinking 0.1%.

Anyways, this explains this very unfortunate even better. I'm very sure people assumed he is a black troubled 14 year old and he was robbing with the assist of an airsoft gun as a burglarizing tool. WRONG! See https://www.abc15.com/news/region-so...ing-speaks-out

So in short, no one deserves to die over stealing an airsoft gun. If you disagree then I sentence you to death if you "steal" on your taxes or steal some grapes at the store (like I did at Winco yesterday as I grabbed a few and popped them in my mouth). Maybe thieves need to learn by sentencing them to death. You know, it happens in places like Durban for stealing some washing powder. https://www.iol.co.za/dailynews/news...owder-16711509

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 01-24-2019 at 08:51 AM..

Old 01-24-2019, 07:57 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,141,061 times
Quote:
I'm not sure if the Tempe Police body cam video was posted here, but.. play it and watch what happens around the time the officer asks the suspect "Let me see your hands", after frame 1:12, when the foot chase started, you can hear noise that sounded like gun fire at frame 1:13-1:14, and it wasn't from the officer's weapon. Also, play the video by clicking on the link below so that you can watch it directly on youtube.com, which also gives you the ability to play it in full screen.

That noise is so clearly not gun fire.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:59 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,649,426 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
yep, that first gunshot definately was NOT from the officers weapon...
The kid had an airsoft gun. That wasn't a gunshot at 1:13.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:20 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,150,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
So in short, no one deserves to die over stealing an airsoft gun.
True...this goes back to that "Hindsight" comment. The Officer didn't know it was an Airsoft gun. In the moment, he was facing a fleeing armed suspect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area