Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 12:28 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times

Advertisements

That's because security was paid for (around $2 MILLION) by the US taxpayer.
You complain about what the Clinton's are spending out of their personal coffers yet there is no criticism of the $2 MILLION that taxpayers spent on Jenna.

Link posted upthread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 12:33 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,786,073 times
Is anyone on this forum paying for it?

Yup thought so. So those of you who hate this idea....GET A LIFE.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:34 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,786,073 times
That's because she was probably married down on the ranch. Then they served bbq and coors at the reception....oops... I mean hoe-down.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
I realy could care if they pay for it. Ever look at what clinton gets for a speakig engagement? I the end it will be tranferred to alot of normal workig people most likely to pay the salaries.Not really unusual for a wedding of this type of a famous person that has the money.Are we going to say that the rich can not spend their money as they like now?

Old 07-28-2010, 12:46 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,595 times
It's hilarious watching some of these righties contort themselves on this manufactured "issue". One in a LONG line of manufactured issues streaming from the fringers on the Right.

We're told only "commies" complain about how people spend their private wealth... until it's a Democrat spending it. You can't write this stuff -- it's that comical -- in the tragic sense.

Come on y'all. Y'all aren't even trying hard any more. Have these mountains built from molehills become so commonplace for you that they have become a rote ritual? What else could explain The Mustard Incident, this current Clinton "outrage", and all the rest of the hare-brained gotchas spewing out of the "conservative" hate-machine?

Old 07-28-2010, 12:49 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
I wish I could go, it sounds like it would be fun!

Old 07-28-2010, 12:50 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,646,366 times
First who cares what the Clintons do for their daughter.

Second let's leave all the kids out of this. They didn't pick their parents.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:52 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Hello; it is a one day event. They hired help or will for a one day or maybe a few days events. These are people that are probably not unemployed to begin with, the same with the floral shops they are using, the caterers, etc. I agree it is their money, I don't care how they spend it, but to say, it is helping the economy is CRAP and total dumb remark.

Nita
Arkansas Razorbacks's Homecoming--one day event, and a boon to the local economy in Northwest Arkansas. This is the same kind of thing. People will be staying at hotels. Restaurant receipts will be way up. People will run into the drugstore to replace the toothbrush they forgot, or to pick up shampoo, or visit local stores to buy a souvenir of their weekend and the wedding. It is illogical for you to not recognize this.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:55 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,796,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Chelsea Clinton's lavish, star-studded wedding ceremony will cost between $3 million and $5 million

Here comes the bride. There goes the cash.

On Saturday Chelsea Clinton is set to marry her investment-banker boyfriend Marc Mezvinsky at a posh private estate 90 miles north of Manhattan.

The hotly anticipated, highly secretive affair has been called the Wedding of the Decade and of the Century.

Extravagant and notable events like that don't come cheap.

Experts in all things nuptial ballpark the cost of Bill and Hillary Clinton's little girl's big day at anywhere from $3 million to $5 million.

That's a lotta lettuce. And wedding cake.

"I don't think we've seen a wedding with this much attention since Patricia Nixon," says Donnie Brown, a wedding planner featured in "Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?" on the Style Network.

"This will definitely be the biggest wedding of the year."

At the more conservative cost of $3 million, that's a half-million behind Liza Minnelli and David Gest and a cool $1 million ahead of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.

But this is different from your garden-variety superstar wedding, experts concur. This union includes world leaders and, well, Oprah

Read more: Chelsea Clinton's lavish, star-studded wedding ceremony will cost between $3 million and $5 million

click on the link to read more...

And Hillary wants us to believe that this is a small wedding...just for Chelsey's friends...

Democrates really believe we are stupid and believe everything they say...do they even believe them self?

Don't get me wrong...I'm for free markets and Capitalism and if they have the money why not spent it so others can make some money....the thing that is bothering me is that the people in the government not seem to get that so many hardly have food, are standing in line for food banks, lost their job or had pay cuts.

$ 500 K for flowers....wow, nice for the shop that is selling them..if they get paid!
Sounds like the rantings of a commie lib or something. Why would someone pumping $3-5 million into the economy be bad from a conservative point of view? Isn't this just Bill and Hillary "trickling down" some of their wealth to us little people. Isn't this what Reagan told us should happen in America?

Old 07-28-2010, 01:00 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,796,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Hello; it is a one day event. They hired help or will for a one day or maybe a few days events. These are people that are probably not unemployed to begin with, the same with the floral shops they are using, the caterers, etc. I agree it is their money, I don't care how they spend it, but to say, it is helping the economy is CRAP and total dumb remark.

Nita
To put it very simply, there are a bunch of people who will now have $3-5 million that used to belong to 2 people. Not to mention all the (rich) guests and the money they will spend. Those bunch of people that make the money off of this wedding can then spend that money on other things, in effect multiplying that original $3-5 million. It's econ 101...on the first day of class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies