Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 05:07 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
No, we shouldn't legislate how much they spend. But, perhaps we should look at what is on the menu, and whether it's healthy for everyone, and how much fat and sugar will be served...after all, the food police is already forming, getting ready to go after all of us, once Michelle gives the word.

hahahahaaa And to think Bill was so close to dying from heart attack-- McDonalds junkie! I think he knows a thing about personal accountability and a few spanks from his doctor.

Will he stick with crudites and low fat dressing, or will he pig out? At least he knows better now (and can afford to know better). Can he afford to eat healthy? YES he CAN! Can poor people? Middle class with no time left for dinner, here's your quickie meal? The cooking lessons and nutrition cop used to be mom. America only wants the mom that feeds them cookies, and to heck with the mom giving them grapes for a snack. Too many moms raised on cookies yields too many kids raised on cookies. I'm thinking the 'heck with you mom' needs a soapbox on national stage. The virtues of self discipline needs a comeback.

As much ragging done on Michelle about this issue claiming control freak-- I really don't know how you can look around the country as it is today with madison avenue putting up billboards on the Popes behind thinking parents can teach kids right & protect them from a million disinformation campaigns. Parents (and dick chenney, and bill clinton) can barely defend themselves from the sheer volume of noise (lies) permitted in the name of legit commerce. Quite frankly when choices have been so over processed or void of nutritional value, I think it ought to have it's own aisle labeled "non food". Same goes for that mutant frankenfood they hide in the produce section. Do cheese doodles grow in your state? Do you really like that a fish mated with a tomato in a test tube, or do you prefer mother natures brand?

Big pharma & psychiatrists peddling legal drugs to children are obvious to some, but no one questions the moral degeneracy of madison ave preying on kids. When that same moral bankruptsy of madison ave marketing infiltrates academics the source of legit information keeps america stuck on stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 06:07 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,834,015 times
Funded by new world order-er Soros?

Old 07-28-2010, 06:44 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
People would be complaining if she went to Vegas. Sheesh.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:52 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Jealousy, envy, anger, and bitterness? Why am I not surprised?

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 07-28-2010 at 10:09 PM..

Old 07-28-2010, 10:04 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
So let me guess you probably think the Clintons worked a million times harder and are a million times smarter than everyone else and that's the reason why they "deserve it and "it's their money to spend". My god take off your rose colored glasses and wake up. America is being drained of it's wealth and prosperity by people like the Clintons and other elites and all Americans like you can sit back and do is justify it? In an age when the average American is trying to make ends meet they Clintons are putting on a wedding for their ugly mug of a daughter to the tune of $5 million dollars? The Clintons are some of the most corrupt people to have ever served this country. Whitewater, The MENA drug scandal. You are a mindless American so parroting irrational support for people that are destroying your country. Under Bill Clinton's Presidency more Americans lost a greater amount of wealth than under any other President that has ever served this country. Sure he balanced the budget and many people became quite wealthy under his reign.....but overall Americans became poorer because of him. Do the research!
Quit making up bizarre stuff in your head and attributing it to me.
What is with so many posts that do this?
You're making a family's private spending into something to suit your political agenda.
Have at it, but don't attribute your hallucinations to me.
Own what you say, keep me out of it.

Last edited by chielgirl; 07-28-2010 at 10:28 PM..

Old 07-28-2010, 10:17 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
Seriously...who cares? Why is it that the right doesn't pay attention to spending until it's Democrats doing the spending? This is a private affair paid for with private money. In case you haven't noticed, there are millionaires in both parties. Don't hate because this doesn't fall in line with the usual lies and stereotypes about liberals being welfare recipients. Next time a Conservative drops a couple of mil on a PRIVATE affair, will you be just as outraged? We all know the answer to that.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
I am off to bed but must tell you people that my wife came running from her CBS news watching this evening to report that the porta potties for this thing cost $18,000. They must be getting ready for some heavy imbibing of liquid refreshments. How can such a shindig need porta potties? I guess liberals have more calls of nature than the rest of us when they are drinking.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:38 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Default Obama's not invited to wedding

I guess they are not friends of Chelsey....

Perhaps Obama now has time to focus on jobs!

Old 07-29-2010, 04:50 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I guess they are not friends of Chelsey....

Perhaps Obama now has time to focus on jobs!
I wondered about that myself, but then remembered that the guests are those who are meaningful to the bride (not the family as a whole).

Come to think of it, I doubt that the Obamas are "meaningful" in that sense to Hillary either.

I think they're still political rivals.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:48 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I wondered about that myself, but then remembered that the guests are those who are meaningful to the bride (not the family as a whole).

Come to think of it, I doubt that the Obamas are "meaningful" in that sense to Hillary either.

I think they're still political rivals.
I heard Obammy tell the View ladies this morning that the Clintons wouldn't be invited to his daughter's weddings. I wonder if it has anything to do with race. Bet it does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies