Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 02:34 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times

Advertisements

Okay.

And?

What's the problem here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 02:48 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Rich people throwing an extravagant wedding what's next? Rich people throwing extravagant parties?

Old 07-28-2010, 02:48 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,535,122 times
Who cares? I'm sure if any one of us had that money, we would also spend it - maybe not on a wedding; but on houses, cars, entertainment, vacation, kids, etc. I hate when people ***** for no reason... Get your own life instead of commenting on how other's are living theirs.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:52 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Have to wait and see how it pans out. I wish them well, but I have been to a few weddings where the ceremony lasted longer than the marriage.
I, too, wish them well. I hope their marriage is one of true and lasting happiness.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:06 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Back to the thread...

What in the hell do you get for 3 million dollars, vows that guarantee healthy children and life long fidelity? I mean its their money but geez! That's a lot of flowers and canapes.
^5. I can't believe how shallow self absorbed people can be obsessing over this nonsense. Shall we legislate how much can be spent on a wedding? Nuts!

Yes, there are wealthy democrats. Yes there are wealthy republicans. How they go about making their money and 'helping' is what defines them. Spinning this into a story about how the Clintons ought to take a vow of poverty to prove themselves 'good democrats' is BS. That isn't the objective of Dems anymore than it is Repubs.

Frankly I think our American culture is officially FOS because of this tabloid mentality running amok dragging national dialog into the gutter. Monkey see monkey do. Why any human being would feel compelled to spend whatever million on a wedding is beyond my comprehension. I didn't hear anyone screaming at the price tag for Princess Di when there are starving kids in India. I can only hope the real commitment of marriage, the love they feel for each other, isn't lost to them in the circus life of materialist American culture.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:25 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
^5. I can't believe how shallow self absorbed people can be obsessing over this nonsense. Shall we legislate how much can be spent on a wedding? Nuts!
No, we shouldn't legislate how much they spend. But, perhaps we should look at what is on the menu, and whether it's healthy for everyone, and how much fat and sugar will be served...after all, the food police is already forming, getting ready to go after all of us, once Michelle gives the word.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:03 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
the Clintons have the money to spend and they are celebrating their daughter's union. Who are we to judge them because they are spending millions on a occasion that most people treasure forever?
On the positive side this wedding will bring in tons of money for the local economy. Let's stop hating and wish them well!

Old 07-28-2010, 04:06 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
A. They can afford it; it is their money to spend as they please.
B. I would imagine that numerous people were employed for this event.
C. It's a bonus to the local economy to have people spend lots of money.

So let me guess you probably think the Clintons worked a million times harder and are a million times smarter than everyone else and that's the reason why they "deserve it and "it's their money to spend". My god take off your rose colored glasses and wake up. America is being drained of it's wealth and prosperity by people like the Clintons and other elites and all Americans like you can sit back and do is justify it? In an age when the average American is trying to make ends meet they Clintons are putting on a wedding for their ugly mug of a daughter to the tune of $5 million dollars? The Clintons are some of the most corrupt people to have ever served this country. Whitewater, The MENA drug scandal. You are a mindless American so parroting irrational support for people that are destroying your country. Under Bill Clinton's Presidency more Americans lost a greater amount of wealth than under any other President that has ever served this country. Sure he balanced the budget and many people became quite wealthy under his reign.....but overall Americans became poorer because of him. Do the research!

Old 07-28-2010, 04:08 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
oh.my.
a lot of people have lost the plot.
puppets of the party they support. Petty political point scoring.

if they can afford it, WHO CARES what they spend on their daughters wedding.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:16 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times

At least the CLINTON'S can AFFORD it!

Think of all the dumb [MOD CUT] who CAN'T afford luxurious weddings BUT HAVE THEM ANYWAY.

I LOVE thinking of them then losing their homes because they can't pay the mortgage but little Princess Daughter Goddess got a her wedding.....which is usually not paid off before the divorce...

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-29-2010 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: bypassing the filter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies