Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 01:26 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Why don't you try Beck's "Common Sense" where you can also read the other "Common Sense" pamphlet. You may find that one to be as good as I did.

Stop reading his transcripts to the radio show and find some way to see or hear the TV show. I never listen to the radio show unless I am on the road at the proper time of day because I don't care for it or to read its transcripts. I get his daily transcripts to see what he will be talking about that evening on TV. Try it sometime, you might like it.
Have YOU listened to Thom Hartmann or Ed Schultz YET?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 01:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
How wide do you think the field is where Woodstock was held? That looks like a "small area" to you?

I know the Beck rally was in a large area, but maybe you noticed the enormous pool in the middle of it. There's nobody in that pool. If the pool area was a lawn, and it too was full of people, then you'd easily have 500,000+.

I'd say Beck's crowd was in the 300,000 range. In most of the close up photos of the crowd, the crowd is spread out rather than shoulder to shoulder like is common at a concert. 300,000 is an impressive number, which anyone would have to admit regardless of political leanings.
In most of the pictures I saw at the time of Woodstock people were spread out lying around smoking and drinking ( wonder what in both cases) and sure as hell weren't like at that opening or closing so I just didn't know. Well, actually I did but they were also spread out, too.

Were you here when Woodstock took place?

Old 08-31-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
How many smart people under the trees? None if they were listening to Beck.

Hey, any newspapers show those Galivanting Geese of God flying over...the ones spreading Beck's "message"..all over the ground...????
For some reason all of the goose crap near our city lake in the fall while hundreds of geese are feeding on crops in the area is mostly at the lake and not on the ground in town where they fly over to get to their fields. I have never been crapped on by a goose. Can't say the same thing about pigeons though.

I have been looking closer since all this crap started and there sure are lots of people standing in the shade of those trees. Of course, not one of them is as smart as you think you are, as you said.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:32 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
In most of the pictures I saw at the time of Woodstock people were spread out lying around smoking and drinking ( wonder what in both cases) and sure as hell weren't like at that opening or closing so I just didn't know. Well, actually I did but they were also spread out, too.

FYI: Southern Comfort and Panama Red.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I have done that but only once each. There is so little coming out of their mouths that I want in my ears. At least I tried them.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
FYI: Southern Comfort and Panama Red.
That sounds likely. They were certainly smoking something other than tobacco.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:38 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
I didn't know you were a psychologist along with all the other things but I refuse to accept your words when it is obvious you have heard, over and over, that little performance when he was screaming at that fool on his radio show.
I have no idea what you are talking about. I can honestly say I have heard him cry, I have heard him say things that were so over the top insane that they made me laugh, and I have heard him lie through his teeth. But I have thankfully never heard him scream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy
Why don't you just watch his show today.
Because he is insane.

I already know that.

Why join him in his insanity by doing something over and over again and expecting a different outcome?

Old 08-31-2010, 01:40 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
These are two of the most "honorable" guys in the media. They are so in the corner of the average American. Thom Hartmann has more historical knowledge than Beck could ever dream to know. Hartmann is not only brilliant, but a really nice and fair guy. Hartmann is like the anti-Beck in "honesty, integrity and values.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:45 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,302,470 times
Quote:

In aereal photos of the Woodstock audience, you can only see tiny spaces that aren't occupied by people. The entire area was very densely packed, as you can see for yourself by looking at photos taken from above, or from the stage, or from any number of vantage points.

In aereal photos of "the Beck triumph" you can see large areas of grass. The audience in some areas appears to be very dense, such as the area alongside of the pool. But in most areas the density is much lower, and that is what leads me to believe the audience is in the 300,000 range.

I was born a few years after Woodstock. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:50 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
The link will have to be from Daily Kos or Media Matters, I bet.

Not one of these lefties was in attendance the other day and I bet all of them will call you a Beckian liar if you tell them anything about what it was like. I guess you better not do it or you will be called all kinds of names with liar being the main one.
heck, i doubt i'll even get a daily kossack/media morons link. at least i could laugh at those
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies