Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 12:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I for one am feeling completely let down by the rally. It's as if once Beck got all those people together, he hadn't really thought of anything worthwhile to say.
How much of his personal words did you hear? I say darned little, if any. You are taking your knowledge from the MSM and left leaning websites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 12:20 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are you fishing for the $100,000 reward offered for anything bad on Beck? As he said himself you won't find much in the last 10 years but in the preceding yours you may find much.

I see that you are comparing the kind of experience of two men but it is not important that Obama had no experience running anything other than campaigns.

For some reason I didn't hear Beck trying to outdo King and little about King at all. Of course, you watched on TV with bated breath, didn't you?
If there was a reward offered for finding things that are 'bad' with Beck, there would be a lot more millionaires out there.

I'm just pointing out that I would trust and believe in MLK long before I'd even give Beck a snippet of my time and energy.

I'm not comparing Obama to anyone, or anything. You're the one doing that.

And no, I didn't watch. I don't have cable or anything along those lines and I don't waste my time with talk show hosts that think they know what they're talking about.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:24 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
If there was a reward offered for finding things that are 'bad' with Beck, there would be a lot more millionaires out there.

I'm just pointing out that I would trust and believe in MLK long before I'd even give Beck a snippet of my time and energy.

And no, I didn't watch. I don't have cable or anything along those lines and I don't waste my time with talk show hosts that think they know what they're talking about.
I beg to differ. Beck knows full well that he is preaching gibberish. Sadly, his fans do not.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:

Think they know what they're talking about? Can you throw out something other than your word to prove that he doesn't know what he is talking about? Why has he not been sued by Obama and his people for all the lies you and others charge him with? Somehow it seems to me that he knows a lot more than most of you haters really know.

I don't agree with all that Beck says but I see a lot more truth in most of it than untruth. Oh my, I just lumped myself with him as an unknowing fool or whatever feels good to you as a name for Beck and me.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:27 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Why would anyone expect the major media outlets to over-report a competing network's event? It was organized by Fox
link please

Quote:
paid for by Fox
link please

Quote:
and executed by Fox
link please

Old 08-31-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I beg to differ. Beck knows full well that he is preaching gibberish. Sadly, his fans do not.
Atheists and other secular progressives can talk like that when they don't know what he is saying except for what they read from Media Matters, ThinkProgress and other sites that were created to destroy him, if they could. So far they haven't been able to hurt him a lot but they keep on spinning.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:28 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Think they know what they're talking about? Can you throw out something other than your word to prove that he doesn't know what he is talking about? Why has he not been sued by Obama and his people for all the lies you and others charge him with? Somehow it seems to me that he knows a lot more than most of you haters really know.

I don't agree with all that Beck says but I see a lot more truth in most of it than untruth. Oh my, I just lumped myself with him as an unknowing fool or whatever feels good to you as a name for Beck and me.
Sheesh. Seriously. Quit drinking your Messiah Beck's kool aid.

He can lie all he wants...he a freakin TALK SHOW HOST. That's what they do! They lie, they slander, they misinform to get HIGHER RATINGS, do you not get that? And it's not the 'untruth', but rather the sprinkling of untruths in a talk about the truth. By sneaking in the lies, and then padding them with truth it makes it easier for people to believe what he's saying.

No, I don't trust ANY talk show hosts, left right or otherwise.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
link please

link please

link please
The link will have to be from Daily Kos or Media Matters, I bet.

Not one of these lefties was in attendance the other day and I bet all of them will call you a Beckian liar if you tell them anything about what it was like. I guess you better not do it or you will be called all kinds of names with liar being the main one.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:29 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
How much of his personal words did you hear? I say darned little, if any. You are taking your knowledge from the MSM and left leaning websites.
As much as I was able to stand without my mind wandering to more interesting and original subjects, like whether or not Sookie Stackhouse really is a fairy.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Sheesh. Seriously. Quit drinking your Messiah Beck's kool aid.

He can lie all he wants...he a freakin TALK SHOW HOST. That's what they do! They lie, they slander, they misinform to get HIGHER RATINGS, do you not get that? And it's not the 'untruth', but rather the sprinkling of untruths in a talk about the truth. By sneaking in the lies, and then padding them with truth it makes it easier for people to believe what he's saying.

No, I don't trust ANY talk show hosts, left right or otherwise.
Why is it that you people throw the lie word around all the time and never manage to show any examples of the lies? Yes, I know you get you info from the left websites since to hear him talk would be a horrible sin and, anyway, your sources are so much more truthful than he is.

Go ahead shouting lies, without examples and rest assured that there are many who think you are doing it just as it should be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies