Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2010, 05:08 AM

783 posts, read 814,912 times

Advertisements

The left is anti Christian conservatives and the intolerant bigoted and reactionary mammon worshiping belifs that Christian conservatives espouces.
Being Christian is about being oppenminded and speaking out for the rights of the poor and the social outcasts and take their intressts and wellbeing att heart above that of mammon but instead right wing chrisitians condems the outcasts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 07:19 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheLookout View Post
Separation of Church and State means that the government cannot set up a national church or religion. It doesn't mean that people cannot share their religion with others.
There is a huge difference between 'sharing' one's beliefs and attempting to force others to live by YOUR beliefs by enacting them into law.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:27 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I consider Religion to be between a person and their God, or not. I object to using politics to enhance ANY religion by using the secular power and money of the state.

Religion does not need Caesar and Caesar does not need religion. Keep them separate at all times.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:06 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
They sure seem to LOVE Islam though.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:07 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
There is a huge difference between 'sharing' one's beliefs and attempting to force others to live by YOUR beliefs by enacting them into law.
Like Sharia? Like that? Why does the left wholeheartedly support Islam when that's what they do? They bring their laws to other country's cultures.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:11 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Like Sharia? Like that? Why does the left wholeheartedly support Islam when that's what they do? They bring their laws to other country's cultures.
Liberals are in a Catch 22 when it comes to Islam. First, they don't want a religious system (especially a rigid one like Sharia) to be imposed on a secular society. Second, being good liberals, opposing Islam also means you're a racist, and we know how liberals try very very hard to be as anti-racist as humanly possible. I had enough conversations with Europeans living in my area and they tell me that they hate the fact the Muslims want Sharia in their countires but they can't do anything about it because opposing it is classed as racism because almost all the Muslims are non-European so you're a racist if you contradict them Talk about a conundrum but hey, they dug themselves into that mess

Old 09-07-2010, 09:15 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,163 times
There is all sorts of recurring ignorance in this thread.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I would also be objecting to Sharia laws were I aware it were happening where it would affect me. In this country, laws and religion are to remain totally separate. However, I've yet to see anything reliable indicating that. And I object to being characterized as 'accepting' it.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:27 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
The ultra left make up a very small minority and hold few positions of power. You are seriously going to gripe about them when the majority of people in positions of power and influence are very conservative. Get a reality check please! Even President Obama is conservative for a Democrat.
Complete garbage.

The ultra left have a great amount of power. California for instance is filled with extremist who have continuously removed property rights and individual rights in the name of their crusades.

And Obama being "conservative", that is laughable. His entire HC bill is radical left, his continued push for cap and trade is far left, his bailing out and ownership of GM is far left (notice while Bush was wrong to bail out the companies, his actions were loans, not essentially a buyout and ownership of the company).

Obama's stimulus was nothing short of a massive increase in government projects, putting the majority of its money into government ran facilities.

Obama consistently pushes for heavy taxes on private business and demands for conformity from them through HC and like programs.

Obama has consistently stated that some people make too much and should be capped.

Obama has stated the constitution is flawed, that it restricts the government too much from what it can do for the people. If that isn't radical left, then up is down and stupid just became smart.

Seriously, your claim would be hilarious if you were not so confused and believed it to be truth.

You can't spin that garbage to the self educated, only to the programed elite who suckle at the teet of government expansion.

The left is radical and demands conformity, infringes on individual liberties and has its ultimate goal to disregard this nations constitutional protections so it can rewrite them to serve its ideal of what society should be.

Now I am not saying that the far right can not be just as oppressive, but to believe the far left has no power, has had no influence and has had no effect on our society, is not simply misinformed, it is completely delusional.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Liberals are in a Catch 22 when it comes to Islam. First, they don't want a religious system (especially a rigid one like Sharia) to be imposed on a secular society. Second, being good liberals, opposing Islam also means you're a racist, and we know how liberals try very very hard to be as anti-racist as humanly possible. I had enough conversations with Europeans living in my area and they tell me that they hate the fact the Muslims want Sharia in their countires but they can't do anything about it because opposing it is classed as racism because almost all the Muslims are non-European so you're a racist if you contradict them Talk about a conundrum but hey, they dug themselves into that mess
Most ridiculous, stereotypical post in this whole thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies