Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2010, 03:16 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,536,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I personally do not believe that people are "born" homosexual, it's just a feeling I have, I believe that there is a cause for homosexuality. If people are born gay, does that mean that pedophiles are born to be pedophiles? Does this also mean that people who are sexually attracted to their blood related members are born to have incest or are people born to be sexually attracted to animals or corpses? If people start thinking that, does this mean we'll have to accept people who molest children or people who have sex with animals? Right now those sexual thoughts except for homosexuality are considered to be mental disorders, sexual disorders and deviant. Homosexuality used to be considered sick and deviant as well, why isn't it anymore?

Give me an explanation as to WHY you think homosexuals are born homosexual and why you are so certain that people are born as homosexuals.
First thing: Do you really think anyone would choose to be gay? To be teased, not considered "normal", etc?

Second: Pedophiles, and people who commit incest are most likely victims themselves - that's how the cycle continues. Also, I find it disturbing you are trying to compare being gay to being a pedophile. There is a BIG difference and the two are in no way related.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 03:45 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,373,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx
I think I get it now. From your perspective, people who are hetro are born that way but people who are homosexual are made that way. Uh.....I think I got it......Uh.

Now if you could prove that theory you'd be doing something.

Good luck with that. You're talking to the poster who 3 pages ago on this thread said:

"I don't need evidence to know the truth."

I find this to be personal but I didn't need to cry about it. That was YOU talking down about me

Old 10-19-2010, 03:59 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,124,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx
I think I get it now. From your perspective, people who are hetro are born that way but people who are homosexual are made that way. Uh.....I think I got it......Uh.

Now if you could prove that theory you'd be doing something.

Good luck with that. You're talking to the poster who 3 pages ago on this thread said:

"I don't need evidence to know the truth."

I find this to be personal but I didn't need to cry about it. That was YOU talking down about me
Attacking your argument, your assumptions, your approaches to obtaining knowledge, your conclusions, etc is NOT a personal attack. That's argumentative dialog.

Calling me an anti-gay pejorative is UNEQUIVOCALLY a personal attack.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Attacking your argument, your assumptions, your approaches to obtaining knowledge, your conclusions, etc is NOT a personal attack. That's argumentative dialog.

Calling me an anti-gay pejorative is UNEQUIVOCALLY a personal attack.
Oh god your so emotional, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, is that better?

Old 10-19-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I'm not a very emotional person. If anything, my friends accuse me of being coldly analytical.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
And sure, I appreciate the apology.

I just don't understand the use of the slur in the first place. If I were debating a black guy about races issues, I'd never resort to calling him the N-word. I don't know why you thought it was appropriate or funny to call a gay guy an anti-gay slur in a debate.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:40 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,065,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
And sure, I appreciate the apology.

I just don't understand the use of the slur in the first place. If I were debating a black guy about races issues, I'd never resort to calling him the N-word. I don't know why you thought it was appropriate or funny to call a gay guy an anti-gay slur in a debate.
Please, its because thats all he can bring to the table.
He has no game, so he has to stoop to name-calling.
Innuendos and tired stereotyping....sad, isnt it?

Old 10-19-2010, 04:44 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,716,615 times
Quote:
No your the one trying to put words in my mouth, if you want to think your born homosexual thats fine with me.
I'm asking you a direct question: were you BORN straight, or did you make a CHOICE to be straight? Which? Either answer the question or step out of the ring.

As for myself, I was BORN straight, it wasn't a choice I made. It just was. That's why I'm so certain that we do not choose our sexual preferences, they are innate.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I'm asking you a direct question: were you BORN straight, or did you make a CHOICE to be straight? Which? Either answer the question or step out of the ring.

As for myself, I was BORN straight, it wasn't a choice I made. It just was. That's why I'm so certain that we do not choose our sexual preferences, they are innate.
If your straight of course you were born that way, it's just common sense that you would be, nature produces a male and female so the species will survive, you see a man has a penis and a woman has a vagina, these are there for a reason if not we would all be extinct. There would be no purpose in being born homosexual, a mans penis is not meant to go into a mans butt, You see that would make no sense and it is illogical, we are not black flamingos we are not monkeys we are humans and we know better if you don't then your very confused, it's a simple concept.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
If your straight of course you were born that way, it's just common sense that you would be, nature produces a male and female so the species will survive, you see a man has a penis and a woman has a vagina, these are there for a reason if not we would all be extinct. There would be no purpose in being born homosexual, a mans penis is not meant to go into a mans butt, You see that would make no sense and it is illogical, we are not black flamingos we are not monkeys we are humans and we know better if you don't then your very confused, it's a simple concept.
Ahh, the old "common sense, how could anything else be the case" proof for an incredibly complex issue involving evolutionary genetics, population biology, gene expression, cultural attitudes, religion, psychology, etc, etc, etc.

It's the "argument" of a completely closed mind.

As a gay man, sometimes I wish we hadn't slaughtered the Indians and their culture had been allowed to dominate our land.

Many Native American cultures viewed it as a great honor to have a homosexual in the family. They saw homosexuals as people of "two spirits" - uniquely possessing both masculine and feminine wisdom. Orphaned children were entrusted to them (hummmm - this is also seen in nature, I wonder if it might exemplify a reason why homosexuality might benefit a population and is genetically selected for and preserved? - just a thought). Homosexuals were often given tribal positions of authority - shaman or chief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies