Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 11:10 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,812,644 times

Advertisements

The OP will be dismissed by most in here as being backward and in need of enlightenment. He does make a good point however. No matter how the liberal politically correct crowd paints it, homosexuality is a deviant sexual behaivor. It is not normal, but likely a mental disorder. Gays get all defensive when homosexuallity is compared to other deviant sexual disorders but anything outside of regular heterosexual sex between non related adults is deviant. Now pedophillia is very different because it involves the vitimization of a child, a truly abhorant act. Homosexuallity does not hurt anyone, exept maybe those who are trapped in the unhealthy lifestyle by thier own mental disorder. This does not mean society will embrace it. Homosexuality is not likely to be accepted anytime soon. It may be tolerated, but a true acceptance is far off. Even if the radical gay agenda has some successes with gay marriage, that does not mean the regular folks will accept it. I can say that If gay marriage was legalized that many parts of America would remain VERY hostile toward them. They will still face the social scorn of societal disaproval of homosexuality, and they will continue to congregate only in the liberal cities of America, hiding from regular folks of this nation. Mayberry USA is not likely going to be overwhelmed by gay couples even if the gay agenda has success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 11:31 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,609,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flordbliss View Post
interesting you ask... i have been checking on this for quite some time and have been interviewing gay men for about 9 years now and 99.9% i have asked, all of them had been sexually molested as children, the other percent denied any sexual abuse. I was told by another friend who keeps up with cliniical research that scientific tests done on gay men have shown to have a different brain structure. Not sure if these tests were done as adults or children and if they had any history of trauma. no, not conclusive.

Show us your extensive research please. I'm callin major BS on this one. I happen to fall into this so called "0.1%" of gay men who was never sexually abused. In fact I was never abused in any way, form or fashion. I had one of the most normal upbringings you can think of as a matter of fact. I'm gonna say A) your research is faulty or B) you're just a flat out liar. I'm leaning towards B.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:35 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,324,862 times
honestly i've heard that molested thing before. dont know about the percentages listed there, but i have heard that before.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:51 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
interesting you ask... i have been checking on this for quite some time and have been interviewing gay men for about 9 years now and 99.9% i have asked, all of them had been sexually molested as children, the other percent denied any sexual abuse. I was told by another friend who keeps up with cliniical research that scientific tests done on gay men have shown to have a different brain structure. Not sure if these tests were done as adults or children and if they had any history of trauma. no, not conclusive.
i've interviewed countless gay men for about 18 years now and 113% I have asked had been sexually molested as children. the rest denied any sexual abuse.

strange that we got different results.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:07 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,776,914 times
It is my personal belief that we are all born bisexual. Then, various characteristics we are born with interact with the world we live in, and some (maybe most) of us are knocked into the 'Gay' and 'Straight' categories.

Some boys, because of heredity or prenatal factors, look 'too girly', are criticized for that, and develop an aversion to females (and an attraction to males), because of being criticized and devalued for looking (and/or acting) feminine.

Some boys, for whatever reason, develop female gender identities. For them, men and manliness are exotic and mysterious. For all practical purposes, they are attracted to the opposite sex.

Some boys mature early and abundantly, and attract sexual attention from other males, at a critical stage in their maturation. They become imprinted on being admired by other males. I know several spectacular, hyper-masculine men who fall into this group.

Some boys (and girls) simply are imprinted on members of their own gender, for any number of reasons. Combine that imprinting with negative conditioning regarding the opposite sex, and homosexuality is the result.

I, personally, developed an aversion to other females, being the sole capable member of a household of women (a drunken Mom, a dying Grandmother, and an ancient Great-Grandmother). I was taking care of them, almost as soon as I could walk. We lived in a shack, and the saggy sights I saw forever precluded, for me, an appreciation for either the female form, or the feminine psyche. So my early experiences knocked me into the 'Straight' camp.

Plenty of girls see themselves as boys. Plenty of girls have negative interactions with males which create aversions.

I think that to be Gay, there must be two things: a heightened sexual attraction to one's own gender; and a sexual aversion to the opposite sex.

There are an infinite number of ways to be gay. And there are an infinite number of factors which influence sexual preference. There is no more a single cause than there is a single outcome.

The bottom line is that Gays:
A) are doing what is appropriate for them as individuals.
B) are valuable members of society.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:46 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
It is my personal belief that we are all born bisexual. Then, various characteristics we are born with interact with the world we live in, and some (maybe most) of us are knocked into the 'Gay' and 'Straight' categories.

Some boys, because of heredity or prenatal factors, look 'too girly', are criticized for that, and develop an aversion to females (and an attraction to males), because of being criticized and devalued for looking (and/or acting) feminine.

Some boys, for whatever reason, develop female gender identities. For them, men and manliness are exotic and mysterious. For all practical purposes, they are attracted to the opposite sex.

Some boys mature early and abundantly, and attract sexual attention from other males, at a critical stage in their maturation. They become imprinted on being admired by other males. I know several spectacular, hyper-masculine men who fall into this group.

Some boys (and girls) simply are imprinted on members of their own gender, for any number of reasons. Combine that imprinting with negative conditioning regarding the opposite sex, and homosexuality is the result.

I, personally, developed an aversion to other females, being the sole capable member of a household of women (a drunken Mom, a dying Grandmother, and an ancient Great-Grandmother). I was taking care of them, almost as soon as I could walk. We lived in a shack, and the saggy sights I saw forever precluded, for me, an appreciation for either the female form, or the feminine psyche. So my early experiences knocked me into the 'Straight' camp.

Plenty of girls see themselves as boys. Plenty of girls have negative interactions with males which create aversions.

I think that to be Gay, there must be two things: a heightened sexual attraction to one's own gender; and a sexual aversion to the opposite sex.

There are an infinite number of ways to be gay. And there are an infinite number of factors which influence sexual preference. There is no more a single cause than there is a single outcome.

The bottom line is that Gays:
A) are doing what is appropriate for them as individuals.
B) are valuable members of society.
OMG......Let me tell you.....I LOVE women and I'm a gay male......I LOVE men and I'm a gay male......However I only feel sexual attraction and romantic feelings towards men and I was never molested or abused in any way; except by a homophobic and hateful society.

That said I appreciate the gist of your post....but it does NOT "jive" with the latest science which states being gay is mainly genetic and hormonal(during fetal development)...I knew I was gay at 6 years old or so.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Oh my you have a degree, your so smart and I'm so impressed you have a degree and no common sense, I read your links, there is not one shread of evidence you Homosexuals are born that way, it's theory and opinion, that degree didn't help you any.

You should be impressed for you CANNOT list any academic credentials because obviously you don't have any. I guess a theory means nothing to you......Like the theory of ElectroMagnetism which is fundamental to your computer and the internet; which you are so fond of filling with your fountain of misinformation.

Read this link.....it sums up Science and Theories quite succintly..
Was Darwin Wrong? @ National Geographic Magazine

Give up your rhetoric before you lose ALL credibility here!.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:
ROFLMFAO.......99.9%........ WHAT BS!!!!!!! You want to buy some swampland I have for sale......Does this rag smell of chloroform?????? GET REAL!!!!!!!.

However you are correct in that the brain structures of Gay males and Heterosexual males do have a few differences.....

Old 10-19-2010, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
The OP will be dismissed by most in here as being backward and in need of enlightenment. He does make a good point however. No matter how the liberal politically correct crowd paints it, homosexuality is a deviant sexual behaivor. It is not normal, but likely a mental disorder. Gays get all defensive when homosexuallity is compared to other deviant sexual disorders but anything outside of regular heterosexual sex between non related adults is deviant. Now pedophillia is very different because it involves the vitimization of a child, a truly abhorant act. Homosexuallity does not hurt anyone, exept maybe those who are trapped in the unhealthy lifestyle by thier own mental disorder. This does not mean society will embrace it. Homosexuality is not likely to be accepted anytime soon. It may be tolerated, but a true acceptance is far off. Even if the radical gay agenda has some successes with gay marriage, that does not mean the regular folks will accept it. I can say that If gay marriage was legalized that many parts of America would remain VERY hostile toward them. They will still face the social scorn of societal disaproval of homosexuality, and they will continue to congregate only in the liberal cities of America, hiding from regular folks of this nation. Mayberry USA is not likely going to be overwhelmed by gay couples even if the gay agenda has success.
READ THE LINKS......For God's sake our country is so UNEDUCATED.... the Mental crap you ramble on about was settled over 3 DECADES ago...... IN the GAY'S FAVOR...GET OVER IT!!!!!!

Official Statement Concerning Homosexuality from the American Psychological Association | CLGS

Gay Is Okay With APA (American Psychiatric Association) (http://www.soulforce.org/article/642 - broken link)

Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality.

Posts like yours are contributing to the increase in young gay suicides and their blood is on YOUR HANDS!.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:17 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,496,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
A little bit on my family history. On my fathers side of the family no one that I know of is gay. On my mothers side of the family it goes back to as far as we can trace the family roots into the 1700's. I am gay [I was never molested,by the way]. I've always had these feelings from as early as my memory serves me. Each of my mother's siblings has a gay child and
my cousins on her side of the family have all had at least one gay child and a couple have had two. There were uncles and aunts who lived with people of the same sex but never were married all throughout our family tree. I know this is genetic. Our family realizes that it is genetic. We have proof.
It is the same in my family, the gay gene, if there is one, is on my Moms side. I remember reading somewhere once that women that produced gay children were also prolific in their production. My Mom had 7 with 3 miss carriages, my grandmother only had 4 because she did not like sex and was very prudish, her mother had 13 surviving children. From what I know of my Dads, which is only a little, there are no gays or lesbians that I have heard of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies