Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 02:13 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Homosexuals are not engaging in sex-play because they have an innate need to reproduce. It's a neutral condition. They can only reproduce with someone of the opposite sex.

There is no proof that homosexuality or heterosexuality is something you're born with.
Yes there is. EVERY SPECIES on the damn planet has to reproduce to remain viable. They are born with that instinct. In order to successfully reproduce you need to be heterosexual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 02:13 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,839,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
I HAVE asked a psychologist and he said that with the exception of a very few, homosexuals are NOT born that way. It is the result of early molestation.
With the exception of Dr. Laura, I find it hard to believe that anyone with a PhD would tell you such.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:14 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yes there is. EVERY SPECIES on the damn planet has to reproduce to remain viable. They are born with that instinct. In order to successfully reproduce you need to be heterosexual.
Where is your proof that humans are born heterosexual?

Old 10-18-2010, 02:14 PM

12 posts, read 9,132 times
You know I have thought about this. Based on what I have read. heard on DR's shows etc. I think one is born that way. But, this is just me now---I believe it can be hormonally fixed. There was a woman, gay, that gave birth to a child, (we know hormones go crazy in pregnancy) and she said, now she is attracted to men. It confused her. I believe it was her hormones. We have all seen, very masculine looking women, and very effemiate looking males. Doctors say, that the sex is partci-ally senior moment- no spell ck.) determined by how much testoterone the pregnant woman has. When my girl child was born, the pediatrition kept saying, she had a sexy mama. Apparently, some of my high estrogen level was evidant in my child.
When woman are thru menapause, some develop deeper voices, grow chin hair, lose the hour glass figure. Some take hormones, to avoid that. Then, they have determined, that gay mens brains are smaller, like a womans, and lesbian brains are larger, like a mans. I would say, that is the extreme scale of gayness. Male looking lesbian, female looking man. Some woman, after menapause, 'discover' they are lesbian. Again, I think hormones, play a part.
I think, it can be hormonally treated. Oh, when there is a trans-gender person, they give them hormones to become male or female.
So, I think, if any homo sexual person wanted to change, they could take hormones. This is not to offend anyone gay. Just my theory, based on what I have read and heard on shows. Respectfully submitted. Thanks.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:17 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineTime View Post
You know I have thought about this. Based on what I have read. heard on DR's shows etc. I think one is born that way. But, this is just me now---I believe it can be hormonally fixed. There was a woman, gay, that gave birth to a child, (we know hormones go crazy in pregnancy) and she said, now she is attracted to men. It confused her. I believe it was her hormones. We have all seen, very masculine looking women, and very effemiate looking males. Doctors say, that the sex is partci-ally senior moment- no spell ck.) determined by how much testoterone the pregnant woman has. When my girl child was born, the pediatrition kept saying, she had a sexy mama. Apparently, some of my high estrogen level was evidant in my child.
When woman are thru menapause, some develop deeper voices, grow chin hair, lose the hour glass figure. Some take hormones, to avoid that. Then, they have determined, that gay mens brains are smaller, like a womans, and lesbian brains are larger, like a mans. I would say, that is the extreme scale of gayness. Male looking lesbian, female looking man. Some woman, after menapause, 'discover' they are lesbian. Again, I think hormones, play a part.
I think, it can be hormonally treated. Oh, when there is a trans-gender person, they give them hormones to become male or female.
So, I think, if any homo sexual person wanted to change, they could take hormones. This is not to offend anyone gay. Just my theory, based on what I have read and heard on shows. Respectfully submitted. Thanks.
I have read articles which say if an effeminate homosexual male was given testosterone and it simply made him more "alpha male" in his personality. It didn't have a masculinizing effect it only made him more aggressive in personality and in sexuality and he didn't become heterosexual.

Quote:
“Treatment” of Homosexuality
When given testosterone men’s lust increases, but increased testosterone does not shift the object (men) of homosexual male’s lust
Homosexual men appear to have more testosterone than straight men (in spite of their more feminine stereotype)

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

Last edited by LuckyGem; 10-18-2010 at 02:25 PM..

Old 10-18-2010, 02:18 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Where are you coming from on this issue? You clearly seem to think homosexuality is some sort of abnormal disease in need of treatment.

I think that's a disgusting attitude. I've been a homosexual as long as I can remember. There is nothing wrong with me being a homosexual. I'd be unhappy if I weren't homosexual. Nothing about me needs to be "fixed" or "treated".

Old 10-18-2010, 02:19 PM

12 posts, read 9,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
With the exception of Dr. Laura, I find it hard to believe that anyone with a PhD would tell you such.
----------------------------
I believe there are some gay practices, that have resulted from molestation. Not all. Also, some gays, ARE pedophiles---not all, just like hetero's. Everything the hetero's have in human behavior, apply's to gays. Not all gays, not all hetero's.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:20 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,839,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
But it does seem that men in prison can turn to gay realtionships when never gay before i their lifes. basically i really don;t care myslef why a perosn is as he is. If they think that means I approve of gay marriage becuase of this they are flat wrong.
Non-sense.
The is a huge difference between being gay and having recreational sex with the same sex. Lots of straight people have or have had same sex with the same gender. For example the prisoners you refer to and a handful of republican politicians in rest stops with strange men.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:21 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Everyone has emotional or psychological things that factor into their sexuality. Sexuality is defined by many things, but that doesn't mean that whatever results from it is a choice. For example, some people are born with a disability, and some people acquire a disability later in life due to environmental causes, and some people have a disability that is partially biological, partially environmental. But that doesn't make their disability any more of a choice than those who are born with the same disability. The same goes for homosexuality. Even if it is environmental or psychological, in whole or in part, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a choice.
I'm not sure how this applies to this particular thread but a woman once told me long ago that "the biggest sex organ a human has is between their ears."

Old 10-18-2010, 02:22 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
----------------------------
I believe there are some gay practices, that have resulted from molestation. Not all. Also, some gays, ARE pedophiles---not all, just like hetero's. Everything the hetero's have in human behavior, apply's to gays. Not all gays, not all hetero's.
No. There is no such thing as a gay pedophile. There is not such thing as a straight pedophile.

Gay people are attracted to members of the same sex. Straight people are attracted to people of the opposite sex. Pedophiles are attracted to children.

Oh, and there is absolutely ZERO evidence supporting the religious-right lie that molestation can turn a child gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies