Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 02:27 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
But it does seem that men in prison can turn to gay realtionships when never gay before i their lifes. basically i really don;t care myslef why a perosn is as he is. If they think that means I approve of gay marriage becuase of this they are flat wrong.
Men in prisons do that out of convenience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 02:27 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,735,077 times
Lightbulb ~~~*~~~

A little bit on my family history. On my fathers side of the family no one that I know of is gay. On my mothers side of the family it goes back to as far as we can trace the family roots into the 1700's. I am gay [I was never molested,by the way]. I've always had these feelings from as early as my memory serves me. Each of my mother's siblings has a gay child and
my cousins on her side of the family have all had at least one gay child and a couple have had two. There were uncles and aunts who lived with people of the same sex but never were married all throughout our family tree. I know this is genetic. Our family realizes that it is genetic. We have proof.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:28 PM

14 posts, read 39,206 times
In regards to what Jet said, why would anyone CHOOSE to be discriminated against??? I know I wouldn't choose that for myself. We obviously have feelings that we can not control nor should we have to.
And to Wrench, who exactly pushes their sexuality on to your children or grandchildren? If anyone is doing so you need to call the police because they are obviously a pedophile, straight or gay. I will assume you didn't mean that litterally and you are actually saying you don't like knowing gays exist. We all have issues we need to talk about with our children and this is just one of them.

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Men in prisons do that out of convenience.
Not true. Straight male inmates choose to be attracted to men for the duration of their incarceration. As soon as they're released, they choose to be sexually attracted to women again. Why is that so hard to understand?

I wonder how many men/women can take the finger length test and use that as a gauge for their sexual orientation.

Michael E. Mills reviews Digit Ratio: A Pointer to Fertility, Behavior and Health by John T. Manning

Old 10-18-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Not true. Straight male inmates choose to be attracted to men for the duration of their incarceration. As soon as they're released, they choose to be sexually attracted to women again. Why is that so hard to understand?
What part of "men do that out of convenience" you understood NOT to mean they choose same sex hook-ups for the duration of their prison term?

Old 10-18-2010, 02:37 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
What part of "men do that out of convenience" you understood NOT to mean they choose same sex hook-ups for the duration of their prison term?
You missed the oozing sarcasm in my post ridiculing the notion that sexuality is a choice. Of course it's "out of convenience" (well, I'd actually argue it's out of violence, power, control, and an inability to control one's base instincts).

Old 10-18-2010, 02:38 PM

12 posts, read 9,131 times
Default hammertime

Of course you would be insulted, and thanks for the name calling. Is that another gay trait? And, you would pick thru the words, and 'find' something you could slam. You didn't read my post in the spirit of the thread. I told you, it was just some theory of mine, and not meant to offend the gays. But , you looked, right PAST that, and wanted to slam me. This is a thread about homosexuality, and I responded with my thoughts. I think it is a hormonal thing. How then, do they make, trans sexuals into the other gender? Could be , in the gestation time, and once that is done, there is no changing it. Again, doctors have said, that the maleness of the man is determined partially, by how much testosterone the pregnant mother has. There is no need for your nastiness. Stay the way you are, but you do need some manners. Are you a radical liberal?

Old 10-18-2010, 02:41 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,839,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I would say that they are "creating" homosexual children by the way they treat them and raise them. I've seen this in effect personally.
LOL!!! Right...my mom dressed my brother up in dresses and made him play with my dolls.

Wrong. My bother was raised vey much a "boy" by my parents.
I think that takes the cake for the silliest "explaination" I've heard so far.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:45 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineTime View Post
Of course you would be insulted, and thanks for the name calling. Is that another gay trait?
Thats just plain rude, hammertime didnt call you any names at all.
I suggest you go back and read the posts where he replied to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies