Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 09:04 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I wasnt trying to be amusing.
Do you still laugh at B&B jokes?
You may not have tried but you were. Why in the world would there need to be proof people are born straight. that is funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 09:09 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
You may not have tried but you were. Why in the world would there need to be proof people are born straight. that is funny.
Oy gevalt.
What a momzer you are.
Why wouldnt there be a "straight" gene?
How do you know you're straight?

Old 10-18-2010, 09:20 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I wasnt trying to be amusing.
Do you still laugh at B&B jokes?
Don't let it get to you. We're either dealing with a high school teen or an adult of very humble intelligence. Too bad the humility ends there having failed to take up residence in his empty brain.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:22 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Don't let it get to you. We're either dealing with a high school teen or an adult of very humble intelligence. Too bad the humility ends there having failed to take up residence in his empty brain.
Thanks, I wont!
Thats why I referred to Beavis and Butthead.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:23 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I'm rather happy that there is no definative way to accurately mark who , what, when someone is gay. If there were, sooner or later there would be a government run certification process that issued a card either certifying you did or did not carry the markers that prove you are straight/gay. It Would be no different that yellow stars.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:34 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
More insults confirming the mental disorder theory.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:39 PM

2 posts, read 2,577 times
interesting you ask... i have been checking on this for quite some time and have been interviewing gay men for about 9 years now and 99.9% i have asked, all of them had been sexually molested as children, the other percent denied any sexual abuse. I was told by another friend who keeps up with cliniical research that scientific tests done on gay men have shown to have a different brain structure. Not sure if these tests were done as adults or children and if they had any history of trauma. no, not conclusive.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:41 PM

721 posts, read 1,794,399 times
The OP is entirely correct. Homosexuality is a choice....like cancer

Old 10-18-2010, 10:09 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,987 times
Quote:
Wrong...

There is plenty of evidence that homosexuality is innate or genetic:

Born Gay?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...NhrCZA&cad=rja

The Real Story on Gay Genes
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...C1esAQ&cad=rja

Etiology of Male Homosexuality
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...fUdqFg&cad=rja

Some of it is even physical (I verified the information in the article below on a couple of gay co-workers and found it to be a reliable indicator):

Your Finger Length and Your Sexual Preference

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...vk7q7A&cad=rja

Then there is the fact that homosexuality is also found in the animal world. Does a gay deer choose to be gay? Does a gay deer become gay as a result of a bad influence? Do you see how silly this sounds?

When are people going to get it through their thick heads that human beings are just animals with highly developed brains? The same things that go wrong with them also go wrong with us. We are made of the same flesh and blood and our existence is finite just like theirs. When the relics and contamination of the Abrahamic faiths are finally cast off as the dead weight that they are everyone will see this clearly enough. Until then, mankind will stumble through its infancy.

"All truth goes through three stages. First it is ridiculed. Second it is violently opposed. Finally it is accepted as self evident."
--Arthur Schopenhauer
still NOT a fact

Old 10-18-2010, 10:53 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
still NOT a fact
Ah and what exactly is a fact? What constitutes factual information? The fact is that a "fact" exists independent of belief. That's what I love about the truth: it doesn't have to be believed to be true, it just is.

The kind of "fact" that you are referring to is simply an artifact of consensus reality. In other words: what do the majority believe? At this point I"m reminded of an old saying: "Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large crowds."

What constitutes a fact in your mind? Many people hold on to opinions that are demonstrably false. You see, what people want to be true is often in conflict with what is actually true. It is my guess that many will never accept the genetic etiology of homosexuality long after it is proven beyond the shadow of doubt. The fumbling fundamentalists will still be trying to "cure" gay a hundred years from now.

...and the evolution of our species plods along at a snail's pace, hindered by one superstition after another.

Last edited by Zekester; 10-18-2010 at 11:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies