Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 01:56 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It might surprise you to know, many of us have done just that: we have 2 adopted children and have fostered about 20. How about you?

Nita
I must have missed something. How does this matter to abortions?

I have fostered children as well, I just don't feel the need to slap myself on the back over it.

There are plenty of unwanted children in the world. Don't make women, who will drink and do drugs during the pregnancy, be forced to carry a child they have no interest in and will actually harm.

That is comparable to modern day slavery.

Last edited by Taboo2; 11-17-2010 at 02:08 PM..

Old 11-17-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Yesterday, she had to go through COUNSELING(which was fine) and she heard all these girls and young women talk about it not being the right time for them to be mommies or saying, I know I should have used birth control, but it is too late, etc.

My view on this whole thing: yes, you cliam you are pro-choice, well guess what? you made a choice, you choose not to use protection.
I really feel for her because it is never easy to see someone suffer when you see other bratty people just throw it all away. I understand her grief and bitterness.

BUT
I guess my question is, WHY one earth do you all want women who are telling you they are NOT READY to become a mother, to be forced to become a MOTHER?

Who one earth thinks it is wise to force a woman to become a mother?

If you think they will all choose adoption you are kidding yourselves. They won't, and there will be a whole generation of unwanted kids who are neglected, abused, or just "disappear" and then Nancy Grace comes in to investigate.

Is there not enough child abuse in the world?

You think you have seen some rotten mommies now? Just wait till you make all the women who have no interest, desire, or inclination become mothers against their will.

Open up your pocketbooks because Social Services is gonna need a whole lot more money via taxes to support these unwanted children who are either dumped on them or taken away from UNFIT mothers.

Imagine how many new cases of drug addicted, or Fetal Alcohol babies there will be. You think they will stop partying because YOU want them to have a baby?

Old 11-17-2010, 02:42 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
I must have missed something. How does this matter to abortions?

I have fostered children as well, I just don't feel the need to slap myself on the back over it.

There are plenty of unwanted children in the world. Don't make women, who will drink and do drugs during the pregnancy, be forced to carry a child they have no interest in and will actually harm.

That is comparable to modern day slavery.
you must have: kshe asked how many of us who are pro life ever adopted or fostered kids? I simply answered her. We have done both, no I wasn't slapping myself on the back, i was only responding to her comment.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-17-2010 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 11-17-2010, 02:51 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
I really feel for her because it is never easy to see someone suffer when you see other bratty people just throw it all away. I understand her grief and bitterness.

BUT
I guess my question is, WHY one earth do you all want women who are telling you they are NOT READY to become a mother, to be forced to become a MOTHER?

Who one earth thinks it is wise to force a woman to become a mother?

If you think they will all choose adoption you are kidding yourselves. They won't, and there will be a whole generation of unwanted kids who are neglected, abused, or just "disappear" and then Nancy Grace comes in to investigate.

Is there not enough child abuse in the world?

You think you have seen some rotten mommies now? Just wait till you make all the women who have no interest, desire, or inclination become mothers against their will.

Open up your pocketbooks because Social Services is gonna need a whole lot more money via taxes to support these unwanted children who are either dumped on them or taken away from UNFIT mothers.

Imagine how many new cases of drug addicted, or Fetal Alcohol babies there will be. You think they will stop partying because YOU want them to have a baby?
and do you have any idea how many couples would love to adopt a baby but it is almost impossible now days. The cost alone runs into $20,000 or more. Yes, there are children in the world who are disabled that are also adoptable, but again, if you have ever adopted one, you would know this isn't something that everyone can handle and it is heartbreaking. We knew a young man at church who did exactly that. He adopted a crack baby and has an older son with disabilities.

as for social services, get real: a very large number of those who adort do not fall into the group that would seek government help. The druggies often choose to have their babies, so do welfare moms. It is the young women who just simply do not feel they want to be mommies that are destroying their unborn children rather than carrying them and giving them up for adoption. If abortion was as common when we adopted we may have only had one child, our natural born daughter. Luckily we were able to adopt 2 wonderful babies and we have every right to be proud of them as adults and if we knew their biological moms, we would just say "thank you, you did the right thing"

You and I have discussed this before, we don't agree, so let's just drop it. I feel stronger about the subject now than I did a week or a year ago.

Nita

Old 11-17-2010, 03:39 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
The law says abortions are legal.

The law says the woman can choose.

In the case you mentioned the woman got the right to choose taken away from her.
you do know she was 7 and a half months pregnant?

The baby would have survived outside of the mother at that point.

Pretty ridiculous example

Old 11-17-2010, 04:49 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Tweeting your abortion - Broadsheet - Salon.com

If you read them, they are all basically, like I've always said, statements of sociopathic self absorption.

What better thing than thinking you have the inalienable right to kill your children because they weren't convenenient if you are a sociopath? Getting attention while doing it!
Oh .. like what's seen on Oprah and The View everyday ..

Old 11-17-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
and do you have any idea how many couples would love to adopt a baby but it is almost impossible now days.

My labor and delivery cost that much, actually it cost 18K more. That was just 2 nights in the hospital.

There are some employers who help with adoption costs. Working for one of those companies would offset some of the cost.

Raising a child costs way more than that per year, if that is what stops people from adopting, they probably don't want all the cost involved in raising a child. I spent 40K the first year alone on my first child.

Quote:
You and I have discussed this before, we don't agree, so let's just drop it. I feel stronger about the subject now than I did a week or a year ago.

Nita

Than why do you continue to reply to my post?

I don't think it is ANYONES decision to tell other women what to do with their bodies. I definitely agree it is not fair that some women use abortion as birth control and they have upwards of 6-10 of them, but it is NOT my place to judge them nor impose my wants and rules on them.
Someone else has that job.
I can only run MY own race, and play my own game of life.
All I can offer is that women stop worrying about what other women are doing and worry about your own self and family.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:42 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,944,313 times
Quote:
My labor and delivery cost that much, actually it cost 18K more. That was just 2 nights in the hospital.

There are some employers who help with adoption costs. Working for one of those companies would offset some of the cost.

Raising a child costs way more than that per year, if that is what stops people from adopting, they probably don't want all the cost involved in raising a child. I spent 40K the first year alone on my first child.

Than why do you continue to reply to my post?

I don't think it is ANYONES decision to tell other women what to do with their bodies. I definitely agree it is not fair that some women use abortion as birth control and they have upwards of 6-10 of them, but it is NOT my place to judge them nor impose my wants and rules on them.
Someone else has that job.
I can only run MY own race, and play my own game of life.
All I can offer is that women stop worrying about what other women are doing and worry about your own self and family.
your so right taboo, good advice

Old 11-19-2010, 12:17 PM

425 posts, read 653,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I see why you chose your screen name, theres nothing else under that kilt, is there?
What's under my kilt is used responsibly. It's never drawn and fired unless I can deal with the consequences. Always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
FYI, I had 3 miscarriages before I was able to have my wonderful daughter.
I wanted a child very badly, and couldn't have another after that.
That being said, knock your crap off with trying to flame me.
You're not nearly as adept as you think you are.
Your personal issues are tangental to the matter. It really lends no support to your, frankly, morally bankrupt and ill thought-out political opinion.

I notice, unsurprisingly, that you chose to ignore the truly relevant portion of my last post. So for sake of argument I'll post it again:

At what point is it not OK to burn a baby out of the womb? If you can name a date, why not a day earlier, or a day later?

Old 11-19-2010, 12:29 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnderMyKilt View Post

Your personal issues are tangental to the matter. It really lends no support to your, frankly, morally bankrupt and ill thought-out political opinion.
Your opinion on my personal "issues" matters naught to me, to be quite honest.
Your political opinions smack of chauvinistic, paternalistic hogwash. They are a throwback to an era we left behind, too bad some insist on dragging that attitude into the 21st century.
But, I can always count on your predictable replies to give me a giggle, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies