Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2010, 04:39 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Why aren't pro-aborts? Aren't they always saying that it's so much better to worry about those already born?
You know I have wondered this on C-D and out in the real world. I even asked one poster (who couldn't even respond), isn't it better to tell your daughters to not have sex or at least have protected.

It's like they say "okay, have sex, if you get pregnant we will just abort it". Then, in the next breath the are telling the Christan's they don't care about the poor or women's rights!!

The one I really like, is it's a womens body she can do as she wants, they must not see the dangers of abortion and what it does to a women mentally and physically at times. Women have the right to have one, we should be asking, do we want to be labeled with "WOMEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE AN ABORTION" is this the only rights for women they are fighting for.

I wonder how many know the ugliness of the whole procedure, they are so whole-heartily supporting!!

Old 11-29-2010, 04:43 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Very few babies are concieved because of faulty birth control and we all know that. The are conceived because of laziness or carelessness. I am generalizing of course. There are exceptions to every rule.

Nita
Who is this we? Where these people who don't have birth control failures?

And why would someone allegedly so lazy and careless make a good parent? Pregnancy should be entered into voluntarily and happily. Pregnancy should not be entered into because someone else thinks you should be punished in the name of their religion or morality.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:03 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
So how do pro-abortionists explain that "wanted" babies in the US born prematurely at or around 22 weeks receive the best neo-natal intensive care while simultaneously unwanted fetuses of the same gestational age in the US are being poisoned, dismembered, decapitated and thrown into the medical waste trash can by a physician in the case of late term abortions? Is it only a human when the mother wants it to be?

Still contend late term abortions don't happen? Think again!
KDHE Bureau of Public Health Informatics

Interestingly enough the percentage rate of late term abortions in KS dropped 3% if one compares abortions in the state of Kansas in 2002 vs. 2009. Guess Dr. Tiller really did perform late term abortions on demand before his untimely murder, that is unless one believes in sheer coincidence.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:52 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
I don't think the question here is deformed babies as much as babies that are aborted because a women just doesn't want a baby, regardless of the reason. Of course you wouldn't have known if your mom had the attitude, but you talk about being planned and wanted. You have no idea how many babies are not planned but turn out to be a gift from God as some would say. Our first daughter was certainly unplanned. She also was a primee, but God only knows, she turned out to be as close the perfect child as any little girl cound have been. We have always been so thankful as later on we had 2 more little ones that did not live. Of course we adopted 2 after that and how did that happen. 2 biological moms choose to give birth insted of aborting. Now, almost 50 years later our own granddaughter has a little 4 year old that was anything but planned, but that does not mean not wanted. There is a big difference.

Nita
Quote:
Very few babies are concieved because of faulty birth control and we all know that. The are conceived because of laziness or carelessness. I am generalizing of course. There are exceptions to every rule.

Nita
So, you are saying you had two unplanned pregnancies in your own family, yet you say very few babies are conceived because of birth control failure?

Old 11-29-2010, 07:03 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So how do pro-abortionists explain that Still contend late term abortions don't happen? Think again!
KDHE Bureau of Public Health Informatics

Interestingly enough the percentage rate of late term abortions in KS dropped 3% if one compares abortions in the state of Kansas in 2002 vs. 2009. Guess Dr. Tiller really did perform late term abortions on demand before his untimely murder, that is unless one believes in sheer coincidence.
I looked at the link and noted 121 late-term abortions, or 1.3%. Who said late-term abortions don't happen.

Dr. Tiller's murder is a tragedy for those poor souls who really need his specialized care. I know most never understand what it must be like to be faced with a heartwrenching decision such as these families. Shame on anyone for minimizing what must be one of the worst decisions a woman/couple has to make, a late-term abortion. People seem fixated on the notion that women decide on late-term abortion as though they were getting their nails done, this is simply not the case. Late-term abortion is performed in very specific circumstances, none of them less than tragic for the women involved.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:43 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You never explained how you would handle the impact of 50 million more people on our nation's resources.
I have explaine dthat many time sover in abortion threads

Old 11-30-2010, 04:55 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
" I've had an abortion. It was not an easy decision, but it was the best one for me. #ihadanabortion
Almost half my life ago, #ihadanabortion. I'm not sorry. I've never been sorry. I will never be sorry. Just very, very grateful.

1992, 1998. #ihadanabortion
Yep, #IHADANABORTION.. more than one, now that I am ready I am now 7 months pregnant w/ my 2nd child...my body, my decision!

Those who are ANTI-choice shd B glad #ihadanabortion. I went on to finish college, support myself, marry ... have 2 honor students. Nice, huh?

#IHadAnAbortion @ 17 ... no one helped much; every1 tried to protect the dude's reputation. Yuk. Grateful I had the option. I vote #prochoice." "

More power to women!

They will be judged accordingly when their time comes.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:57 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
How's this....

A woman telling her living children that she had aborted their older sibling because the child was inconvenient.

Wow mom, thanks for not killing us!

Old 11-30-2010, 07:10 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I have explaine dthat many time sover in abortion threads
I haven't read those threads, so why not explain it to me.

50 million more people draining resources, taking jobs, committing crimes, etc.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:40 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I haven't read those threads, so why not explain it to me.

50 million more people draining resources, taking jobs, committing crimes, etc.
How about these people take on some personal responsibility, before it happens. You do know that it's young girls for the most part, don't you??

Who's having abortions (age)?
52% of women obtaining abortions in the U.S. are younger than 25:
Women aged 20-24 obtain 32% of all abortions; Teenagers obtain 20% and girls under 15 account for 1.2%.

When you think about it, if there are reasons beyond a womens control, but if you have had more than one abortion, just because you just didn't want the baby. I don't see you are any different then, those we see in the Middle East, that strap bombs on their babies, kind of the same concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies