Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2010, 12:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Go ask my OB who delivered my 3 children why she thinks the parasite is a correct term for a fetus.

I would like to know how some people believe the right of an unborn, unfinished, undeveloped organism is more important than the LIFE of a WOMAN? You want people to go get wire hanger abortions in Mexico?

I value the lives of my sisters to much to see Men, who should have NO say in this conversation, force them into becoming incubators.
Taboo, I don't think many on here really beleive, unless for religious reasons, if it comes down to the life of a mother or a baby, the mothers life is not important. We are talking about those who beleive in a women's right to choose and I still say, a women who get pregnant did make a choce, she chosse not to use brith control. By the way, your OB might think that way, most do not. this does not mean they do not support abortion is some situation, but not like you do..Don't want the kid, destroy it!!!

Old 11-29-2010, 12:49 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Because the mindset from the right wing of this country is that your body is the government's property, and that your wallet is (supposedly) your property. They want laws against abortion, prostitution, strip clubs, and abortion. The message is clear, your body is not your own.
The mindset of the left , is that th genocide of 50 million unborn is acceptable. it OK to control the life and body of the unborn because a woman has a legal Right to kill it. The left thinks its great control the body and life of the unborn while lecturing those pro lifers that we want to control someone Else's body. hey you pro abortionist you are the one controlling someones body as well as theirlife. So before you use that straw man look at 50 million dead

Old 11-29-2010, 02:31 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,039,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Why aren't pro-aborts? Aren't they always saying that it's so much better to worry about those already born?
I am not the one who promotes women giving birth to defective children because the are "special", "gifts from god", "angels", etc.

My solution is to abort........I will gladly pay taxes for that.

Those of you that believe that all life is precious and special should gladly volunteer to pay for their healthcare and to keep them institutionalized for 50+ years.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:38 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,242 times
You can yell at me all you want but what goes on in my womb is really none of your business. I don't care about YOUR morals and YOUR religion. Unless I consent to allow the fetus to exist in my womb that fetus has no right to be there.

Get over it. Go fund ways to really help prevent or reduce the need for abortions like better birth control methods and national health care.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:58 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
So tell us, from the other side of the coin, do you support the death penalty? Do you think it is ok to take a life because you choose not to use birth control, but the death penalty is wrong?

I will also add, many do not think stem cell research is wrong, depending on the situation and we do not support war, but know it is sometimes unavoidable.

Nita
No I don't support the death penalty because I am uncomfortable giving the government the ability to decide life and death. You can cry all you want but a week old clump of cells is not a "life," no matter how emotional or passionate your claim is. A fetus is living in inside a woman with HER permission, because it's HER body. The fetus has no rights because it's not a separate entity. The fetus' so called "rights" do not trump the rights of the actual living, breathing woman whose body it is.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:00 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The mindset of the left , is that th genocide of 50 million unborn is acceptable. it OK to control the life and body of the unborn because a woman has a legal Right to kill it. The left thinks its great control the body and life of the unborn while lecturing those pro lifers that we want to control someone Else's body. hey you pro abortionist you are the one controlling someones body as well as theirlife. So before you use that straw man look at 50 million dead
You never explained how you would handle the impact of 50 million more people on our nation's resources.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:03 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
They aren't "lives" there is no "genocide" except in your own mind. Let's be rational about this instead of interjecting hyperbole.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
If my mother would have thought that way about me.........I wouldn't know or care, would I?

I was planned and wanted.......and treated that way.

Would I have wanted to have been born knowing my mother never wanted me in the first place, that she was forced to have me against her will? Don't think so.
I don't think the question here is deformed babies as much as babies that are aborted because a women just doesn't want a baby, regardless of the reason. Of course you wouldn't have known if your mom had the attitude, but you talk about being planned and wanted. You have no idea how many babies are not planned but turn out to be a gift from God as some would say. Our first daughter was certainly unplanned. She also was a primee, but God only knows, she turned out to be as close the perfect child as any little girl cound have been. We have always been so thankful as later on we had 2 more little ones that did not live. Of course we adopted 2 after that and how did that happen. 2 biological moms choose to give birth insted of aborting. Now, almost 50 years later our own granddaughter has a little 4 year old that was anything but planned, but that does not mean not wanted. There is a big difference.

Nita

Old 11-29-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
You can yell at me all you want but what goes on in my womb is really none of your business. I don't care about YOUR morals and YOUR religion. Unless I consent to allow the fetus to exist in my womb that fetus has no right to be there.

Get over it. Go fund ways to really help prevent or reduce the need for abortions like better birth control methods and national health care.
Very few babies are concieved because of faulty birth control and we all know that. The are conceived because of laziness or carelessness. I am generalizing of course. There are exceptions to every rule.

Nita

Old 11-29-2010, 04:25 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,932,501 times
Default When were humble we have time to think of others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
I wasn't embarrassed about getting one AT ALL, the dude who knocked me up was JUST as responsible and he wasn't embarrassed either.

How would you know if they are trying to help others, showing that they took advantaged of their RIGHT to have an abortion and are only looking for 5 minutes of fame. What kind of fame can you have on the computer may I ask?
Sad, too think you would refer to it as "KNOCKED UP". Responsible, so you where both responsible, and wasn't using protection, and your responsible decision was to abort.

I might come from a different generation than you, I to went through one. I had been told my whole life by my dad, not to come home pregnant, because, there would be no home. I respected my parents, and they couldn't afford another mouth to feed or the expense. And I was really scared, looking for an answer, and the jerk of a guy could have cared less.

Upon going to plan parenthood, the lady never once talked about this being a baby. Matter of fact I was the victim, after all this shouldn't have happened to me, the lady told, a 16 year old, not that I should have played a greater role in it not happening. This was in the 70's and basically, sex wasn't talked about by parnets. I went through with it, no one even knew I was there, I even gave a fake name. Yeah, I was embarrassed, I shouldn't have been there. Being humble is a good thing.

If I had died, no one would have known. This is not rite, not to say there are not reasons to have an abortion, it's just something you will never forget and the older you get, it will be with your every thought. I can see in the case of rape or your life, but not as birth control or irresponsible sex.

This child would be 32 this year, I have no idea what he/she would have become, but, most of all, I wish I had either waited for sex, or at least had the knowledge to use protection. The embryo is human and deserves to be treated with respect. We as women have an option, have you thought about the option you gave that baby.

People say Christians are not for abortion, what Christians are for, is waiting to have sex until you are married. With this being said, that's not reality in todays world, but all young women(not children) of child bearing years should use protection, and than these decisions won't have to be made.

As far as fame, this tweeting, is all about 24/7 hey look what I'm doing, so yes they are looking for attention. If there not than, there is something even more sic about it. I can't even believe someone would broadcast, they are killing a baby, do you see the selfishness in this. OMG!!!

The only reason for sharing this, is I hope it helps, some young women or guy out there, to know this is hard and if men took better roles in dating women, we wouldn't have to make these decisions, it takes to to TANGO!!! Should be two to deal with the issue, that may lay ahead, now days, there is so much out there for protection, just use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies