Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2010, 09:41 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,131,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
They will be judged accordingly when their time comes.
This coming from a dude names Alpha Male.

Let us think of it this way, you really don't care what happens when the 16 yr old girl taking the bus with a kid and stroller who cannot finish HS and go to College because of daycare issues, so why do you care that she took care of her future and did not bring another life into this world.

Why would you want someone who doesn't want to have children, to HAVE CHILDREN?

I have met many men who are absent father's who never wanted kids but their woman thought they were just kidding, or maybe she didn't care what he wanted, and went ahead and had a kid anyway- only to find he really wanted nothing to do with the child.

It is the same with a girl/woman who does not want to have children. Why would you force women to have a child before their time?

We cannot go back to the 60's.
I have a cousin who was pregnant at 15 and her family sent her away for the pregnancy and it was all hush hushed. They FORCED her to give the baby away (because the parents WILL have the right to do that when they hold it over your head) and she came back completely tortured by this. She has been looking for that "baby" for over 40 years. Still hasn't found him.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:42 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,695,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So you know of one person whose mother chose not to abort them or give them to adoption that abused theri kid.
So you are saying you would rather be dead.
By your writing you seem intelligent and successful , sorry if you would rather have been dead. I am willing to bet you are important to Simone or alot of people

I have two sisters, so I guess I know at least three.

I also don't expect that I'm out of the ordinary, and it happens to others also.

If I had it to do all over again? I'd rather have been aborted. It would have been less problematic. Some people say I'm cold and unemotional, not empathetic. Is that nature, or nurture? Don't know.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:47 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,235,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Why does your agency keep them on a wait list, and not encourage them to adopt foster kids?
We encourage them to do just that as well refer to other agencies. We also reject some parents for various reasons.
The problem is most kids in foster care are not infants. Most kids in Foster care are teens. 89% of foster care infants get adopted in the first 5 years. I have no stats but anecdotal from experience that of the 11% left over half die before turning 3. There are some infants especially from mothers with drug problems will not get out of foster care. But the numbers of them are low while the medical cost is high

Old 11-30-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I have two sisters, so I guess I know at least three.

I also don't expect that I'm out of the ordinary, and it happens to others also.

If I had it to do all over again? I'd rather have been aborted. It would have been less problematic. Some people say I'm cold and unemotional, not empathetic. Is that nature, or nurture? Don't know.
But as far as i can see you are not a criminal or burden to society.
I hope for your sake your wished not to be alive go to wishing you were aborted and not suicide now that you are here. If you wish you are dead there some good programs that can help you

Old 11-30-2010, 09:51 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,987,293 times
Quote:
I understand you think life is about money and we should kill all kids who we think might be poor for life.
The problem is you do not know what that child might be. You choose to assume the worst so its cheaper and better to kill it, i assume the best and think they might be a great contributor to society and its best not to kill them
Again a clump of cells and tissue is not a KID despite your claims otherwise. A fetus is a grouping of cells and tissue completely and utterly dependent on the mother's body for survival.

Quote:
A major effort at redefining the word "person" is taking place today. Along with a linguistic change, if "pro-life" efforts are successful, will come important sociological, psychological and theological change. Biological and other scientific factors are being bent to accommodate the religious argument that a human being exists at conception, or when sperm meets egg.
The conceptus - weighing a very small fraction of an ounce -- obviously is not an Independent or autonomous human being, and certainly not a person, because it has no way to exist except in the body of another human being that feeds and protects it.
It is also obvious that no two persons can exist in one body with equal rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. In effect the Vatican and its dependent right-to-life movement can only promote the rights of an embryo or fetus by treating the woman who carries it as an incubator who may not control her own body, take medication or other substances that may harm the fetus, or make other choices that would be injurious to it.
A human being and certainly a person is not determined solely by its biology at conception, when it has no sex, no brain, no eyes, ears or other senses. A "person" is determined only at birth, when it is welcomed into the human community as a living reality.
When does an embryo become a person? | Human Quest | Find Articles at BNET

By promoting the right to "life" you are treating the woman as a mere incubator and claiming the "rights" of a clump of cells trumps the right of the mother to have full autonomy over her body. It's HER body, she is to be enslaved and held beholden by a clump of cells and tissue. Please spare us the over the top appeals to emotion i.e. "a holocaust," "kill all kids," "slaughter," etc etc.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Again a clump of cells and tissue is not a KID despite your claims otherwise. A fetus is a grouping of cells and tissue completely and utterly dependent on the mother's body for survival.

When does an embryo become a person? | Human Quest | Find Articles at BNET

By promoting the right to "life" you are treating the woman as a mere incubator and claiming the "rights" of a clump of cells trumps the right of the mother to have full autonomy over her body. It's HER body, she is to be enslaved and held beholden by a clump of cells and tissue. Please spare us the over the top appeals to emotion i.e. "a holocaust," "kill all kids," "slaughter," etc etc.
You are just a clump of cells also. As a clump of cells you are growing and changing.
You hide behind the clump of cells theory to make yourself feel its OK to commit genocide.
You are taking a clump of cells that is growing and separate DNA from anyone on earth and you deny its right to live and grow.
U nor can i Define when life happens. Your theory pics a unspecified time to declare it is a life, my theory says its life from conception. No one can prove at what point you call that clump of cells life. So if I'm right the pro abortionist are committing genocide, if you are right you would need to be able to define without a doubt at what point you call that clump of cells life.
I do not have to make that distinction. so I come down on the side thet tries to protect all clumps of cells.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:07 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,987,293 times
Quote:
You are just a clump of cells also. As a clump of cells you are growing and changing.
You hide behind the clump of cells theory to make yourself feel its OK to commit genocide.
You are taking a clump of cells that is growing and separate DNA from anyone on earth and you deny its right to live and grow.
U nor can i Define when life happens. Your theory pics a unspecified time to declare it is a life, my theory says its life from conception. No one can prove at what point you call that clump of cells life. So if I'm right the pro abortionist are committing genocide, if you are right you would need to be able to define without a doubt at what point you call that clump of cells life.
I do not have to make that distinction. so I come down on the side thet tries to protect all clumps of cells.
No you are the one making the positive claim, "life begins at conception and abortion is genocide." So YOU have the burden of proof. PROVE that life begins at conception despite no medical evidence to back your claim. Otherwise your silly religious myths cannot be used to usurp the right a woman to have full control of her body. Again your appeals to emotion with hypercharged words like "genocide" don't hold any weight.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
No you are the one making the positive claim, "life begins at conception and abortion is genocide." So YOU have the burden of proof. PROVE that life begins at conception despite no medical evidence to back your claim. Otherwise your silly religious myths cannot be used to usurp the right a woman to have full control of her body. Again your appeals to emotion with hypercharged words like "genocide" don't hold any weight.
I have said nothing about religion. My proof is if you let a clump of cells grow it will be life. If you kill it its dead.
You pro abortionsit cry about the woman but never give the baby the right to his or her body.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Taboo, I don't think many on here really beleive, unless for religious reasons, if it comes down to the life of a mother or a baby, the mothers life is not important. We are talking about those who beleive in a women's right to choose and I still say, a women who get pregnant did make a choce, she chosse not to use brith control. By the way, your OB might think that way, most do not. this does not mean they do not support abortion is some situation, but not like you do..Don't want the kid, destroy it!!!

It depends on what you think the "Life of the mother" means. If someone is giving up their entire future to have a baby they are not ready for, I consider that a valid reason. If they are not ready to become a mother, I would MUCH rather them NOT have children. I see far to many neglected, or emotionally abused children to want to FORCE women to have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Sad, too think you would refer to it as "KNOCKED UP". Responsible, so you where both responsible, and wasn't using protection, and your responsible decision was to abort.
Yeah, knocked up, pregnant. preggers, whatever YOU want to call it. I call it many things. I was knocked up 7 times total- 2 abortions (1 willingly, 1 not even human, 2 miscarriages, 3 children). WOW. We used protection, we did everything we were supposed to, yet it still happened. He had even had a vasectomy. He absolutely didn't want children, and I just wasn't ready to go it alone. I am glad I didn't have to. I wish it had never happened. But it did. I will be the one who is judged in the afterlife, so none of you need to worry about it. And yet, you do. You can't stop yourselves. These anti-abortion crackpots need to show some RESTRAINT. You don't see me coming to your front door because you spare the rod and spoil the child do you?? I do feel sorry for it, but wouldn't want to change my life.

Quote:
I might come from a different generation than you, I to went through one. I had been told my whole life by my dad, not to come home pregnant, because, there would be no home. I respected my parents, and they couldn't afford another mouth to feed or the expense. And I was really scared, looking for an answer, and the jerk of a guy could have cared less.
Well I will tell you what. IF there WAS no abortion choice, this is what would have happened to you. The same thing that happened to my cousin, you would have been sent away to give that baby up that your parents, nor you, could afford and you would spend the next 40+ years looking for him. You would PREFER THAT??? Talk about torture. All my unborn are in heaven, whether I put them there, or they were taken from me.

Quote:
If I had died, no one would have known. This is not rite, not to say there are not reasons to have an abortion, it's just something you will never forget and the older you get, it will be with your every thought. I can see in the case of rape or your life, but not as birth control or irresponsible sex.
Someone would have known you died. This is America and they have fingerprints. BUT If there was NO abortion choice, you would have had to go to Mexico for an abortion where, if you had died, NO ONE would tell your family because you wouldn't have any information there. That is what we should be scared of. Our daughters going to dirty place to have non medical people risk their lives so they don't have to become a mom.

Quote:
This child would be 32 this year, I have no idea what he/she would have become, but, most of all, I wish I had either waited for sex, or at least had the knowledge to use protection. The embryo is human and deserves to be treated with respect. We as women have an option, have you thought about the option you gave that baby.
I am sorry for your regrets, but I do not have any. I wish I didn't have to do it, but I wouldn't change a thing. I don't believe that life truly begins until you take your first breath. That is why we call THAT your BIRTHDAY and not the day you were conceived. This is why when you have stillborn babies, we don't say they LIVED a life. Because they were not alive. They were in utero which is incubating.

Quote:
As far as fame, this tweeting, is all about 24/7 hey look what I'm doing, so yes they are looking for attention. If there not than, there is something even more sic about it. I can't even believe someone would broadcast, they are killing a baby, do you see the selfishness in this. OMG!!!

The only reason for sharing this, is I hope it helps, some young women or guy out there, to know this is hard and if men took better roles in dating women, we wouldn't have to make these decisions, it takes to to TANGO!!! Should be two to deal with the issue, that may lay ahead, now days, there is so much out there for protection, just use it.
I don't see it as fame. I see it as they tweet everything they do, from eating breakfast to passing a test, so this is just another factor in their existence. People also want to share so that they are not alone in their experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
A baby is exactly that the minute it has a heart beat, which is at conception I am told...It is never a parasite, even if it can't survive on its own. I wonder how many who have aborted because having the baby wasn't the right time for them or they choose not to use birth control ever though about adoption for their babies. Did you or any others ever realize how selfless giving birth and then letting a wonderful family raise the child would be?

Nita
I disagree. I do not think life begins at conception. I don't think it begins at the heat beat. Truly life begins when you are born. BUT, I understand that the more developed a fetus gets, the closer to complete human it becomes and it gets harder to dismiss. I think it is a life, but it is not ALIVE.

What is the minimum for a murder charge on a fetus. Is it whenever as long as the woman TOLD people she was having a baby? Is it after the first trimester because many miscarriages happen before that time?

Yeah, I was selfish and did not want to adopt because I did not want to be PREGNANT. Period.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
The problem is most kids in foster care are not infants. Most kids in Foster care are teens. 89% of foster care infants get adopted in the first 5 years.

Yeah, and the problem with no more Abortions is that most women will ATTEMPT to raise the child, only 3-9 years later to be arrested, or find they were reported to social services and the kids are taken into foster care, or they cannot financially support the kids once free checks from the govt run out, and they have no skills because they didn't go to college, or graduate HS.So now you have a bunch of 3-9 yr old kids who have possible Emotional/Mental issues that is much longer term than physical damage from parents. And you adopt these kids out but adoptive parents don't like troubled kids so then they COME BACK because they are "Problematic".

Yes, people do ditch problematic children. I have seen foreign adoptions be turned over to the county social services.. Even though THEY brought them here, they can still dump them on the county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies